Banking.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Handed Jill

Reaction score
I figured this is definitely "other" and definitely "important."
If it's not too nosy - do you do your BnB (business account) banking through one of the big banks or a more local bank? If you use a smaller bank, it is an issue of supporting small business/community or do they provide competitive services/rates?
Backstory available upon request, but don't want to cloud responses.

Small local bank. I know most of the people who work there, and they know me and seem to appreciate the business I give them.

Everything small and local, they gave us our financing when we purchased so we're sticking with them.

Local but not so small that they don't even know what "merchant services" means. I tried to set up with about 3 small local and they had no clue so found the most professional local and THEN use another as well that is a big chain bank in this state.

Right now big bank for checking. Private company for cc processing.
RIki

I used a big bank instead of a local bank (regional) because they had a free business checking account and it offered more services. They messed it up from the get go - 3 attempts to get the correct checks, charged me for the linked savings account which was also supposed to be free, and more. They also took away many of the services gradually (like free overdraft protection). I just got a notice (as I wind down everything to the end of this year before I close the account) that I need to keep a pretty large minimum balance in order to avoid any fees.
So much for the "free" business checking account that I signed up for about 3 years ago........

We bank with Santander as they are one of the few banks which did not need to be bailed out. They also give free business banking for ever (this is guaranteed) plus they have negotiated a good deal with the card people so we get our processing fees at half price. Also if you have your ordinary current account with them they don't charge you for going over your overdraft and give you $200 for signing up.

Back