Batching Credit Card Transactions

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't swipe! No Swiper here! ( is a Dora fan) we use Innpayment. I just get charged a % of the charges. I love it!

To date..........the best deal I have been able to get was through Quickbooks.
We looked at QB, too, because of the rates. I think the reason we didn't go with them was because you have to have the computer right there to do the processing. I wouldn't want to walk off with someone's cc to do the processing in my office. Let me know if I'm wrong about needing the computer and a printer right there.
Morticia wrote:
I wouldn't want to walk off with someone's cc to do the processing in my office.
Why not? Restaurants do it all the time and we never say anything. If they have an issue with it, they should be paying in cash!
Because some guests follow me. I've had it happen when I say I am going to check on something for them. The 'office' is a desk in my bedroom. Do not want guests in my bedroom. Do not want them getting suspicious if I tell them to just wait.
Like Samster, I would define the space... or give them something to do. Usually I greet them, be a little chatty cathy for a moment to get them comfortable, then say that while they are signing the guest info card, I will take their card to process or while they are bringing in your luggage, I will take their card....'

I just got off the phone with my cc processor AND I have to batch everynight or there's a penalty. I have a new Hypercom T7 Plus machine and he said that it could be programmed to autobatch each night if I wanted it..
Proud Texan said:
I just got off the phone with my cc processor AND I have to batch everynight or there's a penalty. I have a new Hypercom T7 Plus machine and he said that it could be programmed to autobatch each night if I wanted it.
I don't have the 'Plus' version but that's the same company that made my machine. Works like a charm.
Have it set to auto batch around 10:30 instead of midnight...why, you ask? Because when you hit a time change weekend and you are not thinking about updating the time on the machine, you don't end up batching on the next day. (And for me, that works out to be about a week before I remember to reset the time on the cc machine.)
I thought the official time change is at 2AM. (Just saying). I do my auto batch at 11:15pm - I do it at night because I use that same phone line for my business and that late I am less likely to get a call when the batch is to be sent.
I use the Hypercom T7Plus as well.
If you don't remember to reset the time the next day...which I usually forget for about a week. Sometimes the time reset doesn't work, either. THEN if you have it set for 11:30 you are into the next day and officially late in batching.
Oh, gotcha! Mine resets with the time change on its own, so I wasn't thinking about having to reset it like I do with the clocks.

Back