Bathrobes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
I have always done bathrobes on request. I decided to try leaving them in the rooms. But stupidly, I didn't count and check in each room. And now I'm wondering if guests may actually be stealing them. Do people really steal bathrobes? These are poly, cost me $20 a piece. Maybe I need to move back to "on request" or maybe buy some in the ugliest colours? What do you do to curtail such theft?

If you have them in each room that will be easy to check on the departure, just be consistent with having them in. Never had any stolen (so far).

If I were a guest, I'd never request one, but LOVE having one available if I want one.
I keep 4 in each room, 2 kimono waffle robes that are cool to wear, and 2 very plush robes that are quite warm. I find couples often use one of each. Hot-natured people like the lighter weight robes and women, who are always freezing, like the warmer ones.
I always check them to see if any need washing (used and put back in the closet) so I'd notice if one was "purchased".

Our guests use the robes and we have never had one go missing. I have waffle weave robes for the summer and put out plush terry robes once the season cools down and we are not so busy. The plush robes take a while to dry but they are ever so nice when it is chilly out.

I have 3 in each room. They were custom made @ $75 each. I have never had one take a walk. I have 2-xl and 1 xxl in each room.

If you have them in each room that will be easy to check on the departure, just be consistent with having them in. Never had any stolen (so far)..
Haven't had any stolen so far, the mugs are a different story though - we see several stolen each year.

Our guests use the robes and we have never had one go missing. I have waffle weave robes for the summer and put out plush terry robes once the season cools down and we are not so busy. The plush robes take a while to dry but they are ever so nice when it is chilly out..
Silverspoon said:
The plush robes take a while to dry but they are ever so nice when it is chilly out.
I use the Velsoft robes from Turkish Towels. They're softer than a puppy. Might be the softest thing I've ever touched. People are amazed when they touch them.
100% polyester (which is why they're warm) and they are the FIRST thing dry in the load (I wash them with other synthetics like Comphy sheets). They dry in about 15 minutes.

never had any stolen. just keep two in each room. then you will know.
kind of awkward making people ask for a robe
devil_smile.gif

2 per room. Never stolen. I once had a very young honeymoon couple that thought they were theirs to take home. Called them after they left to see if they wanted to purchase them and they sent them back. It was very innocent.

Never had any stolen.
Mine are a soft green and an off white so not ugly colors.
They are really puffy tho so maybe they don't fit in the suitcases.

Our guests use the robes and we have never had one go missing. I have waffle weave robes for the summer and put out plush terry robes once the season cools down and we are not so busy. The plush robes take a while to dry but they are ever so nice when it is chilly out..
Silverspoon said:
The plush robes take a while to dry but they are ever so nice when it is chilly out.
I use the Velsoft robes from Turkish Towels. They're softer than a puppy. Might be the softest thing I've ever touched. People are amazed when they touch them.
100% polyester (which is why they're warm) and they are the FIRST thing dry in the load (I wash them with other synthetics like Comphy sheets). They dry in about 15 minutes.
At $90?! a piece

Silverspoon said:
At $90?! a piece
April said:
At $90?! a piece
Price to inns is about $43. You have to log in to see the hospitality industry prices.

i am booking a room at arks' place! i will do nothing but lounge around in my soft, fluffy robe softer than a puppy and the chambermaids will get all annoyed at me for being in the way when it's time to clean!
wink_smile.gif

i never had any robes go missing although my very first guests told me they'd definitely be stolen. i was delighted that they were wrong. mine were enormous, soft heavy robes with the name of the place embroidered on them - you'd need a small suitcase just for one. i'd hate to think that was why they didn't go missing ~ because they were too big.

We only put robes in the room with the detached bath.
I'm surprised to hear that everyone provides robes in all rooms. I guess I'd better think about that.

I'm surprised to hear that everyone provides robes in all rooms. I guess I'd better think about that..
TheBeachHouse said:
I'm surprised to hear that everyone provides robes in all rooms. I guess I'd better think about that.

I am surprised as well. I do not. I did for the first year or so, and when discovered two robes is a complete load that took forever to dry, stopped doing it. I do what I would expect when I travel - and I don't expect (nor want) a bathrobe. I just lounge in my tshirt and shorts.

I'm surprised to hear that everyone provides robes in all rooms. I guess I'd better think about that..
TheBeachHouse said:

I am surprised as well. I do not. I did for the first year or so, and when discovered two robes is a complete load that took forever to dry, stopped doing it. I do what I would expect when I travel - and I don't expect (nor want) a bathrobe. I just lounge in my tshirt and shorts.
BananaE29 said:
TheBeachHouse said:

Oh good. I feel better. The ones we have in the one room are really plush. I love them. I think they make up for the 'bath down the hall."

One of the first things I did was get monogrammed bathrobes in all the rooms. I love love love them. Guests have an option to buy ..... and generally they will tell me that they don't want a new one, they've already packed it in their luggage. I have never ever had one stolen - but I have had requests after a stay to send them up to 20 robes. I guess having my B&B name emblazoned across your chest makes my guests giggle.

TheBeachHouse said:

BananaE29 said:
TheBeachHouse said:

Oh good. I feel better. The ones we have in the one room are really plush. I love them. I think they make up for the 'bath down the hall."
That's exactly why we stopped putting the plush robes out in the summer when we are really busy.
You might be surprised how nice the waffle weave robes are.... most of our guests use them even with the ensuite bathroom. These robes dry quickly in the dryer, or on the line if you hang out your sheets.

TheBeachHouse said:

BananaE29 said:
TheBeachHouse said:

I put robes in my rooms originally because I was 3 with a shared. After stating the a person making the reservation, I want to make sure you are aware we are 3 rooms with a shared bath, I launched into "We know many guests are disappointed, but no streakers are allowed so we have robes in the closets of every room." This got a chuckle until we found people were no longer cognizant of what a streaker was.
Our original robes were terry - good quality, inexpensive, took forever to dry, and my first "shakedown" guest informed me they were NOT one-size-fits-all. So I bought another type of terry robe - thinner terry that did not take as long to dry - in larger sizes. When I created the private bath, someone on this Forum told us about Suite Repose in a thread on robes. (I think they quit BTW) The robes were custom made and one was an order. I ordered the silky outside in burgundy and because it is a color that "bleeds" went with the inner shell of burgundy terry. I ended up with 9 of them - they look and feel elegant and dry in a reasonable length of time. I have been using them since about 2006 and they were worth the money because they look as good now as when I bought them - and they DO get used.

Back