Batten Down the Hatches!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Arkie, Ice, Innkeep, JB, maybe K9 - There is BAD wind coming your way. The weather map shows you in the SEVERE category. We are on the edge. 50 mph winds +. Here is praying all ride out the storm(s) with little or no damage.

Here it's sunny, not a cloud in the sky, almost no wind, and 78 degrees! Seems like a perfect day, except we're under a tornado watch!
A few days ago we were in heavy coats with fires in the fireplaces, and today I'm considering flipping on the AC it's so warm. Then it's supposed to drop to 39 tonight. These wild temperature swings seem to go hand in hand with tornados.
Thanks for your concern!

Well here we sit with now wind warnings. First it is snow now high winds! All camp grounds are closed so we drove over to good Old wall mart. Thank goodness for them. We found a safe... says me with my fingers crossed. place tucked into a wall. But beside all the trucks stop in to off load their goods. A bit noise but calmer as far as winds. Tomarrow we are off to see the falls both Canadian side and USA side. It has been 20 some odd years since we last saw them. take care all I will check in later to see how every one is doing after the winds. Be safe all
heart.gif

Our tornado watch has expired, and still not a cloud in the sky. False alarm in our case.

I have been hearing high winds here. My garbage can is on its side and it is warmer now than it was this afternoon - not a good sign.

Sounds like you all made it through. Prayers for those hurt by the storms. Check in so we know everyone is ok.

Sounds like those of you in the South made it through the latest weather challenge...WHEW!
Very weird weather here in southern NE. Pelting rain, thunder, gusty winds and temp. at 8 am of 61 degrees. The sun has just come out. It's November, for cryin' out loud.....the poor birds do not know whether to stay for the winter or start flying south! Turtles are washing up cold stunned and the tourists are confused. Last week it snowed...today it's like a balmy spring day.

Back