Batten down the hatches

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Thinking of Sanctuary! Keep safe and we will be thinking of you for the next few days. Let us hear from you as soon as possible.

thumbs_up.gif

What a gut-wrenching night, last night. I was up all night pondering what to do, which direction to run (and I still haven't had any sleep). I was hoping to score a spot way up the Miami River, but that didn't pan out. Plan B, or was it C?, was to make a run to a friend's house in Deerfield Beach this morning where I could hide the boat in a canal behind her house. She recently sold her 80-footer and had 90' of available dockage in the canal behind her. At the 2AM advisory, the track had not changed and the much desired track east wasn't happening. Irene was stuck on the track for a whole day that kept Miami in the Cone of Death. Could not find anything suitable in Marathon and Key West was a bit far to reach in the time frame I had, so after 2AM, the plan was to run to Deerfield Beach. Then, my prayers were answered!! At 5AM, Irene's track shifted east and let Miami out of the Cone. At that point, I made the decision to just stay put. It appears to be the right one. Now...I just need some sleep...I'm exhausted.
I need a better storm plan or I need to move from here! My body just can't take that kind of stress. I felt knots of tension in my stomach, chest, and back all night...until around 6AM. I'll be pounding the riverfront in the next week or so trying to make a better Plan A. Ugh....
So, while I'm now out of it, who is in the ugly eye of this storm? Any one from North Carolina or Maryland?

What a gut-wrenching night, last night. I was up all night pondering what to do, which direction to run (and I still haven't had any sleep). I was hoping to score a spot way up the Miami River, but that didn't pan out. Plan B, or was it C?, was to make a run to a friend's house in Deerfield Beach this morning where I could hide the boat in a canal behind her house. She recently sold her 80-footer and had 90' of available dockage in the canal behind her. At the 2AM advisory, the track had not changed and the much desired track east wasn't happening. Irene was stuck on the track for a whole day that kept Miami in the Cone of Death. Could not find anything suitable in Marathon and Key West was a bit far to reach in the time frame I had, so after 2AM, the plan was to run to Deerfield Beach. Then, my prayers were answered!! At 5AM, Irene's track shifted east and let Miami out of the Cone. At that point, I made the decision to just stay put. It appears to be the right one. Now...I just need some sleep...I'm exhausted.
I need a better storm plan or I need to move from here! My body just can't take that kind of stress. I felt knots of tension in my stomach, chest, and back all night...until around 6AM. I'll be pounding the riverfront in the next week or so trying to make a better Plan A. Ugh....
So, while I'm now out of it, who is in the ugly eye of this storm? Any one from North Carolina or Maryland?.
Glad to hear from you and glad for the answered prayers. Yes, always good to have a solid plan in place so good that you will be scouting out a new one.

The State of Texas here. We'll happily take your hurricane and any associated moisture that comes with it.

So, while I'm now out of it, who is in the ugly eye of this storm? Any one from North Carolina or Maryland?.
Whew!! Hope you get some sleep!!

BE SAFE!
I am about to write up and put online a hurricane notice for the state parks, there are a few within the path, I was just at Occoneechee State Park (this morning) and they are preparing now.
(Oops I put that photo on the wrong thread) disasters r u.

Gee, a hurricane, an earthquake....is there a tsunami lurking in the Great Lakes somewhere? What a day! I need a mimosa now.
Bummer about the Bahamas. Irene is going right over the Exumas. That's where I wanted to visit over there next. I hope the swimming pigs on Big Major Cay will be OK. Big Major has wild, but friendly, pigs that live there on that key. They swim out to your boat and beg for food.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQSCCDM5zh8&feature=relatedThe
The pigs are a big reason why boats visit there.

Good morning,
Irene is well past us now & we are STILL feeling the outter bands. Power & cell still sporadic. Land lines still down. Another couple lined up off of Africa... Hold on for the ride-Hurricane season peak is here! Stay safe all!

Good morning,
Irene is well past us now & we are STILL feeling the outter bands. Power & cell still sporadic. Land lines still down. Another couple lined up off of Africa... Hold on for the ride-Hurricane season peak is here! Stay safe all!
Happy to hear you are safe.

Good morning,
Glad to hear all is well with you!!!

Back