BBOnline – Now We’re Really Worried

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
BBOnline – Now We’re Really Worried[/h1]
Click here for About the Inn's article.
JB - Then we can discuss this topic, which we have covered of late, is this the end of the B&B directory age?

I dropped bbonline long before their new site but much for the reasons presented in the blog. They did not have any interest in hearing my feedback about not doing any SEO for my listing in my area (they were on page 3 for 'bed and breakfast mytown') Sounds like nothing has improved, maybe even has gotten worse since it is now affecting larger touristy areas.
As far as your question JB, I do see that directories are coming to a point where they will not be much of a plus for us. I know my site has not seen a decline since I have lessoned my load on directories in the past few years.
As a side note, I have found that the other big directory has much of the same issues taking place - at least for MY area, MY listing. Their new design on city pages has drawn some major criticisum by b&b goers who are finding it harder to find a B&B in the area they are searching. This is due to all the 2ndary listings the directory is pushing... all for the love of $, they are not looking at the reason they exist - matching their customers to their (b&b) customers, both which supply them with $$$.

I have not seen a decline in reservation or revenue since dropping the Directories. I now list with only one of the "Big Four" - Finder - and that is just for the SEO.

Only hanging onto one, but may just let it go as well if (maybe when) we change reservation systems.
I want to mention that we also paid extra to Tr A. Then we took a look at how much they were doing to drive traffic away from us and decided that giving them money was crazy.
At the end of day, it is your local association, your tourism site, your partner links, and your organic placement that are going to rule the day.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I just went and compared the first 4 months of this year to same period last year. Down 82%.

I just went and compared the first 4 months of this year to same period last year. Down 82%..
Madeleine said:
I just went and compared the first 4 months of this year to same period last year. Down 82%.
wow.gif

Clicks to our site from BBonline area way down and have been since they did the redesign. I have written and called them with my concerns and received the same response as the bloggers you mentioned. They said they have not changed the rotation of "featured" B+B's on my town page but that is simply not true. Although they are on the first page in a goo_le search, once the town page loads larger inns in other towns, with the same level of membership, dominate. I will drop them at the end of the year unless I see an uptick on people clicking through to our site or making an inquiry using their form.

Checking my stats from the other big gorrilla - B andb dot com and started a new thread - See "Big directory face lift - How's it working for ya?"

Checking my stats from the other big gorrilla - B andb dot com and started a new thread - See "Big directory face lift - How's it working for ya?".
copperhead said:
Checking my stats from the other big gorrilla - B andb dot com and started a new thread - See "Big directory face lift - How's it working for ya?"
Looking at site referrals, I think we're actually doing better. The numbers are up from last year.

This is not about bb on line, But the other BIG GUY. Did any of you get their survey? They asked if you would charge $2.95 or 4.95 per reservation instead of their going rate now???? And some other out there questions. Another attempt I believe to get rid of Web er va. and promote Rez o Va.....Watch out Res Key....you may be getting lots more clients very soon

Checking my stats from the other big gorrilla - B andb dot com and started a new thread - See "Big directory face lift - How's it working for ya?".
copperhead said:
Looking at site referrals, I think we're actually doing better. The numbers are up from last year.
Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
Go to the new thread (see bold above) and post your stats. Mine were strange.

This is not about bb on line, But the other BIG GUY. Did any of you get their survey? They asked if you would charge $2.95 or 4.95 per reservation instead of their going rate now???? And some other out there questions. Another attempt I believe to get rid of Web er va. and promote Rez o Va.....Watch out Res Key....you may be getting lots more clients very soon.
catlady said:
This is not about bb on line, But the other BIG GUY. Did any of you get their survey? They asked if you would charge $2.95 or 4.95 per reservation instead of their going rate now???? And some other out there questions. Another attempt I believe to get rid of Web er va. and promote Rez o Va.....Watch out Res Key....you may be getting lots more clients very soon
I usually get the surveys, did not receive this one. Was it directed to those with one of their booking products or just members in general?

This is not about bb on line, But the other BIG GUY. Did any of you get their survey? They asked if you would charge $2.95 or 4.95 per reservation instead of their going rate now???? And some other out there questions. Another attempt I believe to get rid of Web er va. and promote Rez o Va.....Watch out Res Key....you may be getting lots more clients very soon.
catlady said:
I usually get the surveys, did not receive this one. Was it directed to those with one of their booking products or just members in general?
I don't know for sure. Went to someone who uses web er v. and lists on b and b dot com.

Maybe you already had to be one of their online booking links? I didn't get that one. I'd pay a flat fee for a rez, but no way would I want to pay 30% for a 5-night booking!
Oh, wait, you said 'charge $2.95 or $4.95' not pay that amount.

Back