bbonline an Bed and Breakfast.com Gift Certificate?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
I am tired of this happening! I advertise on both of these sites and I get people all the time that want to use a Gift Card from these sites. We do not except them! I had another one today that booked online last night and they called this morning to make sure everything was ok. Now they want to cancel because we do not accept them. Our reservatuon program already charged their card! Now I have to refund their card and lose 2%. Has anyone else had this problem?

I accept them, but I get called ahead of time usually to ask if I take them. They are a minor amount of business and often the cards only cover part of the stay, which means that I don't have to pay the commission on the full amount.
But it should be marked on their websites that you don't take the cards.

Happens all the time. No one reads either the GC or the website.
And, we've had guests cancel because they didn't read the information provided to them.
I had one a few years back who showed up at the door with the GC in hand. She was 3 hours early and when I saw the GC I explained we don't accept those.
She was a complete bitch, screaming at me, saying she wouldn't be staying in this dump if it wasn't for it being free and generally making herself very unwelcome.
If they don't want to read the info provided on the website then they shouldn't kick about the cancellation fee (that they also didn't read about). I will happily send them to another B&B that does take the GC's.

It is what it is, if you belong to the site and don't accept them, it makes no sense to those who bought them at costco or online. When they bought them they saw this huge directory which looked like every B&B in every state. They saw you there and thought I will go there! Seeing who accepts and doesn't is not easy to decipher but I know for a fact they state to call the inn specifically. So that is the guests fault when they don't call and check ahead of time.
I have a statement on our online rez stating we do not accept them, only our own B&B gc's. I had the same issue, not many from BandB.com but enough to have angry people I didn't want to deal with.

On our policy page and our policies on ResKey, I state: "The only gift certificates/card/vouchers we accept are issued by XYZ Bed and Breakfast or the (our state) Bed and Breakfast Guild."
Once I did that, it stopped all that nonsense. Now, we only get the calls, and not many of them anymore.
Bob, I hope you have a cancellation fee! Charge them!

Back