bbonline wants to know!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Hello. I had a phone call yesterday from bbonline. They wanted to know how I liked the new site and wanted feed back as to why I was nor going to advertise with them. I told them mainly because of price and a few other things. I told them there was a lot of people who were not happy with them. She seems really nice and would like to know why so many of us have dropped them this year. Why did you cancel them this year? If you haven't yet, are you? She said there might be something she can do!

I dropped ;ast year because of price and lack of performance for ME.

I am still with them, new website is not that groovy tho, is not very B&B looking in style, looks like a template. I stay with them as I have a for sale listing. NOT HAPPY about losing the "Show for sale listings within the last 30 days" however. I think many people used that feature.
Glad we can make adjustments to our own listing though.
Directories are going away, that is the main thing, they are way way down on my referal stats, not even top 10 anymore, they will be next to go...

It might be the link to visit our site. This is the second time I have scanned the newly remodeled page and couldn't find the website link. After I did I was like Doh! But for some reason it does not standout as a way to visit our site.
Our referrals are way down from BBOnline too.

I dropped ;ast year because of price and lack of performance for ME..
After reading what one man said on the PAII forms the directories give us a boost with seo works and Google
.AS they have impact on our rankings They give us a link boost in search engines .
From my understanding he give a session at the PAII conferance he was from White Stone Marketing.

I dropped ;ast year because of price and lack of performance for ME..
After reading what one man said on the PAII forms the directories give us a boost with seo works and Google
.AS they have impact on our rankings They give us a link boost in search engines .
From my understanding he give a session at the PAII conferance he was from White Stone Marketing.
It is at least 4 years since I dropped bandb and now 2 years since I dropped bbonline and 1 year since dropping iLove. I am in my second year with bnbfinder. I check almost every time I get a Goog or yaho search hit on a generic search for my State (my city does not show up on most maps) whether spelled out or abbreviated. Usually the directories beat me, but I usually show up in the first page, sometimes more than once.

Well, my answer is easy... too expensive and we'd be LOST. They have hardly any Canadian listings at all and even less for our province. It's almost to the point of where listing me would likely give them more of a boost than the other way around. Too expensive by a factor of at least 4X.

I dropped b and b since they are expensive and bill in Janaury. I don't know if we will renew when we finish the rooms or not.
We are still wtih bbonline as I found them affordable and they are sending me guests.
Riki

BBOnline has been doing well enough for us. 11% of our reservations over the last 4 months have come through them.
Most, but not all directories help SEO. BnBFinder for example does not link directly to your website. Check the URL of your link if you are listed on their website. We are on BnBFinder though because we are getting decent amount of reservations from guests who found us there.
We did probably make a mistake renewing iLoveInns. They greatly increased their SEO and they have their iPhone app, so I was optimistic. But we are still not getting any reservations through them.

BBOnline has been doing well enough for us. 11% of our reservations over the last 4 months have come through them.
Most, but not all directories help SEO. BnBFinder for example does not link directly to your website. Check the URL of your link if you are listed on their website. We are on BnBFinder though because we are getting decent amount of reservations from guests who found us there.
We did probably make a mistake renewing iLoveInns. They greatly increased their SEO and they have their iPhone app, so I was optimistic. But we are still not getting any reservations through them..
SJI I found it to be the same, the only directory left that still sends referrals to the site (and equates to bookings) was BBONLINE. Iloveinns is very nice, I like them alot, but they in my knowledge never even booked one room! I gave them another shot and then didn't renew.
Let us know how the NEW BBONLINE website fares for you if you don't mind. Curious to see.
BedandBreakfast.com can argue with you and treat you like an idiot for not renewing touting all the hundreds of click thrus, I can run circles around that on our own website. SHOW ME THE MONEY! That is what counts.
PS Happy Leap Year everyone! What will you do with one extra day this year? Tell em you love em, and keep the main thing the main thing.

We did probably make a mistake renewing iLoveInns. They greatly increased their SEO and they have their iPhone app, so I was optimistic. But we are still not getting any reservations through them..
SJI I found it to be the same, the only directory left that still sends referrals to the site (and equates to bookings) was BBONLINE. Iloveinns is very nice, I like them alot, but they in my knowledge never even booked one room! I gave them another shot and then didn't renew.
Let us know how the NEW BBONLINE website fares for you if you don't mind. Curious to see.
BedandBreakfast.com can argue with you and treat you like an idiot for not renewing touting all the hundreds of click thrus, I can run circles around that on our own website. SHOW ME THE MONEY! That is what counts.
PS Happy Leap Year everyone! What will you do with one extra day this year? Tell em you love em, and keep the main thing the main thing.
Unless the car repair calls to say they are bringing the car back (DH thoughtfully scheduled it to be left overnight on Tuesday), I will be walking in the rain to go to the Bible Study & Lenten Service/Soup Lunch as Prez of Council of Churches (no one else will take the darn job) from 11 to 1 and then walk to the Library with my knitting stuff to teach my 2 knitting classes at 3 & 5:30. And yes, I will be e-mailing my kids & grandkids to remind them that we do indeed LOVE them.

Unless the car repair calls to say they are bringing the car back (DH thoughtfully scheduled it to be left overnight on Tuesday), I will be walking in the rain to go to the Bible Study & Lenten Service/Soup Lunch as Prez of Council of Churches (no one else will take the darn job) from 11 to 1 and then walk to the Library with my knitting stuff to teach my 2 knitting classes at 3 & 5:30. And yes, I will be e-mailing my kids & grandkids to remind them that we do indeed LOVE them.
gillumhouse said:
Was a rhetorical question. Not really asking each person to share what they are doing today.
wink_smile.gif
But sounds like a busy day...

Joey Bloggs said:
Getting my new camera.

gillumhouse said:
Was a rhetorical question. Not really asking each person to share what they are doing today.
wink_smile.gif
But sounds like a busy day...
I know. I was just feeling a bit pissy at DH. I got over there dry, but got to walk home in the rain. It is now raining harder and the Library is a whole block away!!!

Back