beautiful view

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
Wedding today, and dontcha know, the walls of the tent just went up... honestly!
rolleyes.gif

It's still going, would have been fine but for the unattended children and the belligerant drunks.
This one has earned the second place PITA prize.

Well, now they are tied for 1st, DH just shut them down an hour early due to a belligerant drunken confrontation about our no smoking policy.
pita.gif

A wedding venue (old homestead on a hill) near us found they had to hide the booze or Uncle Ernie would hit it BEFORE the wedding and have a knock down drag out with Uncle Bill. The owners told me that once you have towed a BMW out of a creek you learn what the boundaries are before accepting an agreement to hold a wedding. They also told me the amount of money they spend in turf each year. This is not a BnB, purely wedding venue. The thing with weddings are many of the guests have not seen each other for years so the tension is high, it is so volatile like playing with a live grenade. Hope you survived okay WP!

Well it all makes sense now.
The idiot who was drunk was also the drunk- smoking idiot who DJ'd for the first 1st Prize Wedding. Needless to say, he is no longer welcome here, EVER, as a DJ or guest!

It's still going, would have been fine but for the unattended children and the belligerant drunks.
This one has earned the second place PITA prize..
Willowpondgj said:
This one has earned the second place PITA prize.
What other kind of wedding is there? Think about it. The unattended children probably belong to the belligerant drunks. AND the belligerant drunks are drinking because the wedding reminded them that they're married.

Well, now they are tied for 1st, DH just shut them down an hour early due to a belligerant drunken confrontation about our no smoking policy.
pita.gif
Oh, no... Sorry that you had to deal with this. How many wedding guests were "evicted?"

I'm so sorry this happened. I hope you charge a fee in addition to the room rates so you aren't eating the cost of all this destruction.

I think hosting the ceremony is worth it. I would definitely stay away from the reception though.

Back