Becoming a Featured Inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
We've picked up a lot of new innkeepers here in the past few weeks. (Welcome all if I haven't had a chance to welcome you individually). So I thought I would put in a post to alert innkeepers that they can enter their inn to have it displayed in the "Featured Inn" rotation at the top of the page. Here are the directions for advertising your inn on this forum. As a reminder, the ad does not reveal that the inn belongs to a specific user so it is anonymous. It also is completely free. However the ad will disappear if you haven't signed in within 30 days. Yes you get rewarded in many ways for hanging out here. ;)

I just added a new page that shows all "featured inns". If you filled out your inn ad in your profile and your inn does not appear in the list, double check your info as it may indicate one of the three pieces of information is missing or faulty.

Question re featured Inn listing - - I am clicking POSTS I HAVEN'T READ to get them to cycle to see if mine appeared ok, and I noticed a couple inns in the rotation HEAVILY. One is White Cedar Inn, another is the new addition in Mountains of Georgia.
Just wondering what the calculations are, I did not see Josh's come up when I clicked which I normally do (the pink house) and the naked couple in the tub - ugh, altho that is normally on there very often.
I also wanted to confirm that I do have click thrus to my website. In fact there was ONE DAY this month, I think it was Sept 9th that I had a ton of them on THAT day. Again, not sure what the formula is or why that day in general had that many click thrus.
No hurry to answer this...just wondering.

Question re featured Inn listing - - I am clicking POSTS I HAVEN'T READ to get them to cycle to see if mine appeared ok, and I noticed a couple inns in the rotation HEAVILY. One is White Cedar Inn, another is the new addition in Mountains of Georgia.
Just wondering what the calculations are, I did not see Josh's come up when I clicked which I normally do (the pink house) and the naked couple in the tub - ugh, altho that is normally on there very often.
I also wanted to confirm that I do have click thrus to my website. In fact there was ONE DAY this month, I think it was Sept 9th that I had a ton of them on THAT day. Again, not sure what the formula is or why that day in general had that many click thrus.
No hurry to answer this...just wondering..
How funny. I never see my place. OK, maybe once in awhile. And you DO notice your own place...

How funny. I never see my place. OK, maybe once in awhile. And you DO notice your own place...
Bree said:
I saw your place three times since typing that. I rarely see Seashanty's, I rarely see Samsters. I USED to see Josh's often, now I don't see it at all. I used to my own often.

Seaside just showed up in slot 1 and then in slot 3. Then it was me, then the naked couple and now it's that lodge-y place in Canada.

Seaside just showed up in slot 1 and then in slot 3. Then it was me, then the naked couple and now it's that lodge-y place in Canada.
Bree said:
Gillum House has shown up every other one for about 6 clicks for me. (Clicks being POSTS I HAVEN'T READ clicks)

Bree said:
I saw your place three times since typing that. I rarely see Seashanty's, I rarely see Samsters. I USED to see Josh's often, now I don't see it at all. I used to my own often.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
We must be seeing different versions then. I just saw the GA mountains one and now it's YS's place. I see Samster's not as frequently as I used to.

Bree said:
Gillum House has shown up every other one for about 6 clicks for me. (Clicks being POSTS I HAVEN'T READ clicks)
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
Well, GH was in slot 2 in the above. I've seen Claiborne House now 2x since the pic changed.

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
We must be seeing different versions then. I just saw the GA mountains one and now it's YS's place. I see Samster's not as frequently as I used to.
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
I just now for the first time since doing this saw Tipsy's. I have seen WillowPond many many times and GA Mtns many many times. There is Gillum again.
wink_smile.gif

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
I just now for the first time since doing this saw Tipsy's. I have seen WillowPond many many times and GA Mtns many many times. There is Gillum again.
wink_smile.gif

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
wink_smile.gif
So it must cycle thru continuously. You see different ones than I do, I did NOT see Tipsy's in this go round, but I did see it earlier today. However, hers is also one I dont see regularly. And the naked couple was back again. Then Mooseberry. And now it's (I think) Hawley House.

Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
wink_smile.gif

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
wink_smile.gif
So it must cycle thru continuously. You see different ones than I do, I did NOT see Tipsy's in this go round, but I did see it earlier today. However, hers is also one I dont see regularly. And the naked couple was back again. Then Mooseberry. And now it's (I think) Hawley House.
And there's YS's place again. And the naked couple. See, I TOLD Swirt this one shows up a LOT. But, that could just be because you're clicking thru all the unread posts so the loop is repeating faster than usual. And I'm clicking back and forth to see what happens.

Now I have seen Tipsy's about 5 times, then Kathleen, Jeanne, Kathleen, Jeanne, of course throw into that Yellowsocks as well.
The new one is not showing very often. Naked people in tub has not been through since I began checking. Strange.
Edited to say - I have seen High St Vi, Grey Swan, Peggy's and quite a few others, I am not naming each one. But there are a few that seem to be there constantly.

Now I have seen Tipsy's about 5 times, then Kathleen, Jeanne, Kathleen, Jeanne, of course throw into that Yellowsocks as well.
The new one is not showing very often. Naked people in tub has not been through since I began checking. Strange.
Edited to say - I have seen High St Vi, Grey Swan, Peggy's and quite a few others, I am not naming each one. But there are a few that seem to be there constantly..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Edited to say - I have seen High St Vi, Grey Swan, Peggy's and quite a few others, I am not naming each one. But there are a few that seem to be there constantly.
The only one I see that you do is YS's. Oh, and there's Swirt. But I haven't seen Jeanne's at all and Kathleen's only once and no Tipsy. But those dang anked people keep showing up! No High St, but I did see Riki's (I think). No Grey Swan but I did see Touch of Ireland.

Edited to say - I have seen High St Vi, Grey Swan, Peggy's and quite a few others, I am not naming each one. But there are a few that seem to be there constantly..
I saw your new photo, Willow, Samster, and Swirt in the last few clicks.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
The only one I see that you do is YS's. Oh, and there's Swirt. But I haven't seen Jeanne's at all and Kathleen's only once and no Tipsy. But those dang anked people keep showing up! No High St, but I did see Riki's (I think). No Grey Swan but I did see Touch of Ireland.
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I have seen all of those. In the beginning I saw White Cedar Inn and Touch of Ireland often. Now those are infrequent. I just saw a lovely table, wait nope not what I thought, a lovely table in a neighboring state!!
chef.gif
Dang the naked people again.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I have seen all of those. In the beginning I saw White Cedar Inn and Touch of Ireland often. Now those are infrequent. I just saw a lovely table, wait nope not what I thought, a lovely table in a neighboring state!!
chef.gif
Dang the naked people again.
The table is my new one. Breakfast is served!

Well you haven't seen Josh's because he hasn't signed in within the past 30 days so his has dropped out of the circulation. The featured inns page shows which inns are currently active in the rotation.
The forumula every time the page loads is this....
  1. collect the list of all the featured inns for people who have signed in within the past 30 days.
  2. number each of these from one to however many their are.
  3. pick a random number between 1 and however many their are
  4. display the featured in with that number.
It is all about probability. It is possible to roll a dice three times and always roll a 6. It is also possible to roll the same dice 20 times and never roll a 6. It's only in rolling it a few hundred times that you start seeing that they all come up evenly, it just appears that they are spirts and dry spells. Currently there are 19 innns in the rotation so every time the page loads, the site essentially rolls a 19 sided dice. Everybody has an equal shot at showing up, every time the page loads.
JBJ the days where you saw lots of hits my have been from something you linked to or something you mentioned regarding your website which caused looky loos to take a look. It may not have even been on the day you mentioned it, it may have been on the day that post started showing up in Google for something...there are lots of possibilities.

Well you haven't seen Josh's because he hasn't signed in within the past 30 days so his has dropped out of the circulation. The featured inns page shows which inns are currently active in the rotation.
  1. collect the list of all the featured inns for people who have signed in within the past 30 days.
It is all about probability. It is possible to roll a dice three times and always roll a 6. It is also possible to roll the same dice 20 times and never roll a 6. It's only in rolling it a few hundred times that you start seeing that they all come up evenly, it just appears that they are spirts and dry spells. Currently there are 19 innns in the rotation so every time the page loads, the site essentially rolls a 19 sided dice. Everybody has an equal shot at showing up, every time the page loads.
JBJ the days where you saw lots of hits my have been from something you linked to or something you mentioned regarding your website which caused looky loos to take a look. It may not have even been on the day you mentioned it, it may have been on the day that post started showing up in Google for something...there are lots of possibilities..
swirt said:
JBJ the days where you saw lots of hits my have been from something you linked to or something you mentioned regarding your website which caused looky loos to take a look. It may not have even been on the day you mentioned it, it may have been on the day that post started showing up in Google for something...there are lots of possibilities.
Interesting! I thought this might be the case. Oh the random chaos of it all!
I thought about the not logging in thing, and some of the inns I rarely saw all of a sudden popped up and I saw them quite a bit.
I have tried to not link to my website on posts. If anyone catches this can you please point it out. I will FIX it without swiss cheesing it.
wow.gif

Back