Bed and Breakfast at www.ufindvacations.com

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEAH FOR SWIRT!!!
108%20Celebration%2010%20x%2010.JPG

Frankly, I'm not even going to worry about your website. I just looked at my stats program and in the years my inn has been listed on your site, I've gotten exactly ZERO clickthroughs to my website.
It's as Swirt said "useless".
Web stats do show click through to your url but, it doesn’t show phone calls or visitors that copy and paste urls into a new browser.

They also won’t show how your website benefited from search engines crawling our directory up to 3 times per day for the last several years and finding information about your property as well as your url to crawl during it’s visit to our site.

Yes, it’s true that all listings on www.UfindVacations.com benefit by search engines crawling all the information on our site as well as following all one way links on the page. All free additions display urls for the first month which are also indexed by many search engines visiting our site. Our $48 listing benefits the most because search engines index your urls with every visit increasing the visibility of your site in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Lycos and more. As you established earlier relevant back links are important to Google.
Our $48 listing benefits the most because search engines index your urls with every visit increasing the visibility of your site in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Lycos and more.
That's a bit of a stretch.I mean generally, yes that is how things work but most of your internal pages show no toolbarPR and since pagerank is divided among the links on the page and passed on, 0 split 10 ways (the number of listings you put on a page) is still zero.
To make things even worse, your second page for any state goes to a generic search page http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 which is seen as one page....Google can't attribute all the possible links from all the states and regions to that one page, so in a sense, it doesn't bother. That's why that page says "Current page is not ranked by Google" Your site is not search engine friendly. Claims of how it would improve the search engine position of any inn's website are over-reaching. My guess is that it is not that you are being deceptive, you're just not aware of the limitations of your site's design.
I am soooo glad we have you here!!! You can put these folks in their right place. They don't know we have the secret weapon...SWIRT!!!
embaressed_smile.gif

Swirt,
I thought Google’s algorithms were sophisticated then that. I have read that they had multiple tools that assisted the crawlers verify content. Obviously by giving just part of the picture you’re able to get high fives and frankly defending Google will not help.
Thanks again for the feedback. Have a good one.
Michael

Frankly, I'm not even going to worry about your website. I just looked at my stats program and in the years my inn has been listed on your site, I've gotten exactly ZERO clickthroughs to my website.
Web stats do show click through to your url but, it doesn’t show phone calls or visitors that copy and paste urls into a new browser.

They also won’t show how your website benefited from search engines crawling our directory up to 3 times per day for the last several years and finding information about your property as well as your url to crawl during it’s visit to our site.

Yes, it’s true that all listings on www.UfindVacations.com benefit by search engines crawling all the information on our site as well as following all one way links on the page. All free additions display urls for the first month which are also indexed by many search engines visiting our site. Our $48 listing benefits the most because search engines index your urls with every visit increasing the visibility of your site in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Lycos and more. As you established earlier relevant back links are important to Google.
Our $48 listing benefits the most because search engines index your urls with every visit increasing the visibility of your site in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Lycos and more.
That's a bit of a stretch.I mean generally, yes that is how things work but most of your internal pages show no toolbarPR and since pagerank is divided among the links on the page and passed on, 0 split 10 ways (the number of listings you put on a page) is still zero.
To make things even worse, your second page for any state goes to a generic search page http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 which is seen as one page....Google can't attribute all the possible links from all the states and regions to that one page, so in a sense, it doesn't bother. That's why that page says "Current page is not ranked by Google" Your site is not search engine friendly. Claims of how it would improve the search engine position of any inn's website are over-reaching. My guess is that it is not that you are being deceptive, you're just not aware of the limitations of your site's design.
I am soooo glad we have you here!!! You can put these folks in their right place. They don't know we have the secret weapon...SWIRT!!!
embaressed_smile.gif

Swirt,
I thought Google’s algorithms were sophisticated then that. I have read that they had multiple tools that assisted the crawlers verify content. Obviously by giving just part of the picture you’re able to get high fives and frankly defending Google will not help.
Michael
Michael_ufindvacations said:
Obviously by giving just part of the picture you’re able to get high fives and frankly defending Google will not help.
Maybe so, but why don't you address some of the other non-technical remarks.

embaressed_smile.gif

Swirt,
Michael
Google's algo is very sophisticated, but there is no algo in existence that can understand that this
http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a NY region and this http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a Texas region and this
http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a Virginia region and this
http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a Maine region and this
http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a Florida region ...
It is not Google's or any other search engine's fault that ufindvacations is built using a model that is fundementally flawed from a search engine point of view . You or someone else in the company made a mistake in the design. It is not my fault or any search engine's fault that after 6 years your home page has only a toolbarPR of 2 and your other pages have no toolbarPR at all. toolbarPR is really only good for one thing..., to tell you if your site structure is working. It is not Google's fault that for 6 years no one at your company has recognized that none of your internal pages have developed any Pagerank thereby indicating a problem.
I can be accused of many things, but giving "just part of the picture" has never been one of them.

embaressed_smile.gif

Swirt,
Michael
Google's algo is very sophisticated, but there is no algo in existence that can understand that this
http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a NY region and this http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a Texas region and this
http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a Virginia region and this
http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a Maine region and this
http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 is the 2nd page for a Florida region ...
It is not Google's or any other search engine's fault that ufindvacations is built using a model that is fundementally flawed from a search engine point of view . You or someone else in the company made a mistake in the design. It is not my fault or any search engine's fault that after 6 years your home page has only a toolbarPR of 2 and your other pages have no toolbarPR at all. toolbarPR is really only good for one thing..., to tell you if your site structure is working. It is not Google's fault that for 6 years no one at your company has recognized that none of your internal pages have developed any Pagerank thereby indicating a problem.
I can be accused of many things, but giving "just part of the picture" has never been one of them.
swirt,
Sorry it took so long to respond to your post but, we wanted to be sure that we responded correctly.
We felt that since www.inngenious.com has a 4 Google ranking and is about web promotion, you may be seeing something that we are not. We took a little time to find additional software to test the way crawlers viewed our page and to our surprise 2 of 4 of them show exactly what you’re saying. The other 2 shows that the page is being crawled correctly. These additional tools also revealed a few broken links that we were not aware of. We have turned the issues over to our SEO/Design team for further clarification.
Thank you again for the information. If you would like we can contact you with any developments.

embaressed_smile.gif

Swirt,
Michael
swirt,
Sorry it took so long to respond to your post but, we wanted to be sure that we responded correctly.
We felt that since www.inngenious.com has a 4 Google ranking and is about web promotion, you may be seeing something that we are not. We took a little time to find additional software to test the way crawlers viewed our page and to our surprise 2 of 4 of them show exactly what you’re saying. The other 2 shows that the page is being crawled correctly. These additional tools also revealed a few broken links that we were not aware of. We have turned the issues over to our SEO/Design team for further clarification.
Thank you again for the information. If you would like we can contact you with any developments.
We took a little time to find additional software to test the way crawlers viewed our page and to our surprise 2 of 4 of them show exactly what you’re saying.
The issue is not really with the spider (crawling). The issue is that the spider reads different content with each second page of a location but always sees it as the same page url. The software you purchased won't reveal that. None of them do. They all give the spider's view or some rough approximation, but none of them give the indexing view which is really where you site falls apart. If your SEO/Design team couldn't spot this on their own, they aren't giving you your money's worth.
If you would like we can contact you with any developments.
Thanks, that's not necessary.

embaressed_smile.gif

Swirt,
Michael
swirt,
We took a little time to find additional software to test the way crawlers viewed our page and to our surprise 2 of 4 of them show exactly what you’re saying.
The issue is not really with the spider (crawling). The issue is that the spider reads different content with each second page of a location but always sees it as the same page url. The software you purchased won't reveal that. None of them do. They all give the spider's view or some rough approximation, but none of them give the indexing view which is really where you site falls apart. If your SEO/Design team couldn't spot this on their own, they aren't giving you your money's worth.
If you would like we can contact you with any developments.
Thanks, that's not necessary.
Yeah, it's called basic html web design.... Give each of your pages a specific page title reflective of what is found on that specific page...duh
tounge_smile.gif

Back