Bed and Breakfast at www.ufindvacations.com

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UfindVacations

Reaction score
UfindVacations has a comprehensive listing of Resorts, Cabins, Bed & Breakfasts and Campgrounds. Just choose a location and you will be connected with all the information you need to plan your next vacation or weekend getaway.
Click at www.ufindvacations.com

Sorry, if it does not come up on the first page of a Google search for Charlottesville B&B then who will every use this site looking for a B&B in my area?
RIki

Sorry, if it does not come up on the first page of a Google search for Charlottesville B&B then who will every use this site looking for a B&B in my area?
RIki.
YEAH...I agree..why does anyone think that listing on this site is a good thing? Will it up the "link popularity" score? Questionable. Just because someone creates another directory do they think innkeepers will flock to them??? I don't think so.

I really ticks me off when a site like this takes my B&B information and uses it without my consent!! They have me listed on their site along with several other B&Bs that have been out of business for up to 3 years!
Oh yea, here's another great thing...they have in red letters When you call ask for UfindVacations discount. What the
potty-mouth.gif
????? Even if someone DID find this directory and called, how do you think they would react when I said there was no discount?
I just checked, there is definitely no link love coming from this site. Google does not recognize it as a quality link.
HEY UFINDVACATIONS!!!!!!! Want to explain yourself???

I agree, the site is pretty worthless and I am not a fan of them taking information to populate their database.
I just checked, there is definitely no link love coming from this site. Google does not recognize it as a quality link.
However, you know me, I'm all about the details. ;) The links to peoples' sites are direct, so there will at some point be some link love. There isn't really a surefire way to say whether google recognizes it as a quality link. How were you coming to that conclusion?

I agree, the site is pretty worthless and I am not a fan of them taking information to populate their database.
However, you know me, I'm all about the details. ;) The links to peoples' sites are direct, so there will at some point be some link love. There isn't really a surefire way to say whether google recognizes it as a quality link. How were you coming to that conclusion?.
I typed in a google search box:
link:www.nameofinn.com It will show you the list of links that google recognizes as quality to your site.
My information on ufindvacations has been listed there for years and no recognized link love from google. I can tell it's been there for years because of the picture and the room rates.

I don't think that is accurate. I have 20 pages of links under Google and come up well in searches; that site showed 9.

I don't think that is accurate. I have 20 pages of links under Google and come up well in searches; that site showed 9..
It's accurate. These are the links that google really thinks are quality. The more you have, the better your site will do. Of course it's just of the aspects that google uses.
If you have 9, you're doing ok, but it could be better. Check out your "competitor's" links the same way and see what they have. I've worked my way up from about 5 to 20.

That can't be right. They failed to include I Love Inns and did include a lot of obscure and offbeat stuff.

That can't be right. They failed to include I Love Inns and did include a lot of obscure and offbeat stuff..
This list fluctuates. It could be different tomorrow than it is today. I was with I Love Inns for a year and it never made the list.

However, you know me, I'm all about the details. ;) The links to peoples' sites are direct, so there will at some point be some link love. There isn't really a surefire way to say whether google recognizes it as a quality link. How were you coming to that conclusion?.
link:www.nameofinn.com It will show you the list of links that google recognizes as quality to your site.
My information on ufindvacations has been listed there for years and no recognized link love from google. I can tell it's been there for years because of the picture and the room rates.
I had a feeling that was going to be what you did. That is not an indication of quality sites linking to your site. That is just a sample of sites that link to your site. The link command typically only shows 10% of the incoming links to your site. It rarely has anything to do with an evaluation of the quality of the the site. It will not show sites that google had banned, but other than that, a site not appearing in the list generated by the "link:" command is not an indication that google doesn't value it.
Several years ago Google used to only show pages that were PR4 or higher in the link command, but that revealed too much information to people trying to game the system. So they randomized it a bit to just show a small sample of sites.
To see a more complete list, you have to register your site with google webmaster tools or just use the link command on Yahoo.
That site has been around a while .. back to 2003. And your assessment of it is accurate, just the supporting evidence is based on misinformation. ;)

Thank you for the wonderful feed back on UfindVacations.com. I’d like to address the following 4 issues from the above thread.
1-[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]Google Links.
2-[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]Use of information without permission.
3-[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]Wording of UfindVacations discount.
4-[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]Usefulness of the website.
1 - Nice discussion about Google links and it's about right on. You are correct about our webpage being around since 2003. Our SEO Company has had its hands full since Google is not friendly to dynamic pages and link popularity is slated for stage 3 of our plan. Other search engines like Yahoo, Bing, and MSN display more links and even articles published.
2 - Breakfast Diva we are sorry that you feel that your information was posted without your permission. This has only been brought to our attention a couple of times since we went live in 2003. This is a problem that many website that use forms and databases. The struggle is verifying the identity of those who enter the information into the forms. Thankfully most people are honest and add only information on their own properties. Whenever, we find issues like this we try to resolve it quickly. Please send me an email and I will be happy to remove it at once. If you would rather you can update the information and we will upgrade your listing to a premium listing for 6 months.
3 – This statement was added by request of a few of our listings. You are the first one complain about the UfindVacations discount statement and we see how it can be mis-leading. Would it be better if we change it to read "Ask if a UfindVacations discount is available?"
4 - www.inngenious.com is a very nice page and is filled with useful information. swirt you are obviously very well informed about web promotion. We really like how you list your competitors on your contact page. We are surprised about your comment about our site being “worthless”.
I realize that we look at our site through rose colored glasses but, we would like to think that it serve the purpose of listing many wonderful site and feel that we have few real competitors. Many B&B directories miss wonderful opportunities for the properties listed on them. We took a step back to see who would visit a B&B (or other properties) and decided that we could not place them in just one category. Many travelers don’t realize that they can stay at many B&B’s for the same price of a hotel and the B&B maybe more local to their destination. They also don’t realize that they will get more personalized service at the B&B. What if someone is looking for a cabin, cottage or condo to rent but can’t find one locally wouldn’t it be nice to search for other property types in the area with a few clicks of the mouse. What about the fishermen chartering a boat, they may need to stay over night – again 3 clicks and they can be looking at places to stay.

Michael
UfindVacations.com

Frankly, I'm not even going to worry about your website. I just looked at my stats program and in the years my inn has been listed on your site, I've gotten exactly ZERO clickthroughs to my website.
It's as Swirt said "useless"

Thank you for the wonderful feed back on UfindVacations.com. I’d like to address the following 4 issues from the above thread.
1-[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]Google Links.
2-[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]Use of information without permission.
3-[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]Wording of UfindVacations discount.
4-[FONT= &quot] [/FONT]Usefulness of the website.
1 - Nice discussion about Google links and it's about right on. You are correct about our webpage being around since 2003. Our SEO Company has had its hands full since Google is not friendly to dynamic pages and link popularity is slated for stage 3 of our plan. Other search engines like Yahoo, Bing, and MSN display more links and even articles published.
2 - Breakfast Diva we are sorry that you feel that your information was posted without your permission. This has only been brought to our attention a couple of times since we went live in 2003. This is a problem that many website that use forms and databases. The struggle is verifying the identity of those who enter the information into the forms. Thankfully most people are honest and add only information on their own properties. Whenever, we find issues like this we try to resolve it quickly. Please send me an email and I will be happy to remove it at once. If you would rather you can update the information and we will upgrade your listing to a premium listing for 6 months.
3 – This statement was added by request of a few of our listings. You are the first one complain about the UfindVacations discount statement and we see how it can be mis-leading. Would it be better if we change it to read "Ask if a UfindVacations discount is available?"
4 - www.inngenious.com is a very nice page and is filled with useful information. swirt you are obviously very well informed about web promotion. We really like how you list your competitors on your contact page. We are surprised about your comment about our site being “worthless”.
I realize that we look at our site through rose colored glasses but, we would like to think that it serve the purpose of listing many wonderful site and feel that we have few real competitors. Many B&B directories miss wonderful opportunities for the properties listed on them. We took a step back to see who would visit a B&B (or other properties) and decided that we could not place them in just one category. Many travelers don’t realize that they can stay at many B&B’s for the same price of a hotel and the B&B maybe more local to their destination. They also don’t realize that they will get more personalized service at the B&B. What if someone is looking for a cabin, cottage or condo to rent but can’t find one locally wouldn’t it be nice to search for other property types in the area with a few clicks of the mouse. What about the fishermen chartering a boat, they may need to stay over night – again 3 clicks and they can be looking at places to stay.

Michael
UfindVacations.com.
Michael_ufindvacations said:
We are surprised about your comment about our site being “worthless”.
I realize that we look at our site through rose colored glasses but, we would like to think that it serve the purpose of listing many wonderful site and feel that we have few real competitors. Many B&B directories miss wonderful opportunities for the properties listed on them.
A site that can't be found is of no value unless it is so popular due to advertising or buzz that large quantities of people use it.
Your site is not found in the first 100 pages of google for [New York Bed and Breakfast], nor [Finger lakes bed and breakfast] nor [cape cod bed and breakfast] nor any other destination that I tried. People typically don't look past page two..they never look past page 100. I've never run across your site in any search for any client location I have ever worked for. I've never run across it any advertizing, (ppc or other). I've also never run across it being buzzed about in any travel forum or other collection of people discussing travel.
So with few prospects for attracting actual travellers and getting them to use your site and in turn getting them to our own website or even our telephone I come up with the evaluation of "pretty worthless." If there is some great traffic source I missed, I will gladly reconsider my choice of words.

Frankly, I'm not even going to worry about your website. I just looked at my stats program and in the years my inn has been listed on your site, I've gotten exactly ZERO clickthroughs to my website.
It's as Swirt said "useless".
Web stats do show click through to your url but, it doesn’t show phone calls or visitors that copy and paste urls into a new browser.

They also won’t show how your website benefited from search engines crawling our directory up to 3 times per day for the last several years and finding information about your property as well as your url to crawl during it’s visit to our site.

Yes, it’s true that all listings on www.UfindVacations.com benefit by search engines crawling all the information on our site as well as following all one way links on the page. All free additions display urls for the first month which are also indexed by many search engines visiting our site. Our $48 listing benefits the most because search engines index your urls with every visit increasing the visibility of your site in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Lycos and more. As you established earlier relevant back links are important to Google.

blah...blah...blah... if I had a nickel for every worthless, upstart lodging directory being run from someone's basement, I'd give up on the innkeeping world.
We get bombarded almost daily by the next best directory since the invention of sliced bread and virtually none of them are worth even a free listing.
Face it, the best directories are already out there, they've been at it with substantial infrastructural, technological and marketing investments for years and the most intuitive and logical domain names to capture consumer's attention have already been taken.
Try a plumbing supply directory site maybe.

Web stats do show click through to your url but, it doesn’t show phone calls or visitors that copy and paste urls into a new browser.

They also won’t show how your website benefited from search engines crawling our directory up to 3 times per day for the last several years and finding information about your property as well as your url to crawl during it’s visit to our site.

Yes, it’s true that all listings on www.UfindVacations.com benefit by search engines crawling all the information on our site as well as following all one way links on the page. All free additions display urls for the first month which are also indexed by many search engines visiting our site. Our $48 listing benefits the most because search engines index your urls with every visit increasing the visibility of your site in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Lycos and more. As you established earlier relevant back links are important to Google.
Our $48 listing benefits the most because search engines index your urls with every visit increasing the visibility of your site in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Lycos and more.
That's a bit of a stretch.I mean generally, yes that is how things work but most of your internal pages show no toolbarPR and since pagerank is divided among the links on the page and passed on, 0 split 10 ways (the number of listings you put on a page) is still zero.
To make things even worse, your second page for any state goes to a generic search page http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 which is seen as one page....Google can't attribute all the possible links from all the states and regions to that one page, so in a sense, it doesn't bother. That's why that page says "Current page is not ranked by Google" Your site is not search engine friendly. Claims of how it would improve the search engine position of any inn's website are over-reaching. My guess is that it is not that you are being deceptive, you're just not aware of the limitations of your site's design.

Our $48 listing benefits the most because search engines index your urls with every visit increasing the visibility of your site in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Lycos and more.
That's a bit of a stretch.I mean generally, yes that is how things work but most of your internal pages show no toolbarPR and since pagerank is divided among the links on the page and passed on, 0 split 10 ways (the number of listings you put on a page) is still zero.
To make things even worse, your second page for any state goes to a generic search page http://www.ufindvacations.com/search.jsp?page=2 which is seen as one page....Google can't attribute all the possible links from all the states and regions to that one page, so in a sense, it doesn't bother. That's why that page says "Current page is not ranked by Google" Your site is not search engine friendly. Claims of how it would improve the search engine position of any inn's website are over-reaching. My guess is that it is not that you are being deceptive, you're just not aware of the limitations of your site's design.
I am soooo glad we have you here!!! You can put these folks in their right place. They don't know we have the secret weapon...SWIRT!!!

I am soooo glad we have you here!!! You can put these folks in their right place. They don't know we have the secret weapon...SWIRT!!!
embaressed_smile.gif

I come up number one in Google and Yahoo in our area. UfindVacations doesn't even list my area. What good are you?

Back