Bed and Breakfast BLOG - How many of you have a blog? Would you care to share it?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main theme is 'things to do' or 'new shops in town'. Occasionally I throw in some personal stuff (not too) or some opinions (not many).
The blog

I set one up but I haven't had time to put things on it yet. It will be about how wonderful Ashland, Ohio is, and things to do in the area, the usual stuff. http://ashland-ohio.blogspot.com/
Technically, I also have a blog with a girlfriend, but neither one of us blog often. It's for whatever we feel like writing about.
=) Kk.

The main theme of ours is things to do and happeinings. I also include our "News from the Pond" a monthly e-newsletter with inn happennings (art music, etc.) and specials.
www.willowpondbnb.blogspot.com.
How did you do the poll and how do YOU see the answers? What will you do with that info?
I think that's a great idea!
I think the poll is in the templates part, I probably went to the help menu and searched to figure it out!
I just wanted to try it out, probably won't do anything with the info, gotta get people to respond to do that!
tounge_smile.gif

Main theme is promoting the newly revived historic area of our town and things to do that are within walking distance or 5-10 minutes away. I haven't posted to the blog in awhile...I need to do that.

Peggs, you have some great links on there! I can get lost in that.
I know nothing about Nebraska (and my Nana was from there) so thanks for sharing! I will put your link on mine asap.
This is what I'm talkin' about. For a person to see your blog and all that information is priceless! That is so much valuable than the next guy's place who has very little information for the guests. GREAT JOB!

Theme - things to do in area.. I also need to update - I'm way behind
http://greyswaninn.blogspot.com/

I am trying to do better with my blog. Any suggestions welcome.
http://hawleybb.blogspot.com/.
You have some great information there. You've got it well layed out. My only suggestion would be a photo every once in a while to add some visual interest. It takes a bit more time to take and add them, but they do draw you in once you see them. Here's an example of one of my clien't blogs that have done a nice job with combining photos and visitor advice: North Idaho Visitor's Guide

Hey Swirt, my grandmother is in Coeur d'Alene right now. Selling off her waterfront place (Sandpoint) there prepping for the old folks home.
Totally off topic, but I experienced extreme racism there like no other. In case you easterners don't know Sandpoint being the home to the Hitler Youth and many other neo-nazi groups. Yep, had mothers' tear their children away from mine on a playground and carry them away. Most of you know how sweet our kids are. If I didn't experience it myself I would have never believed it.
The beauty of our kids is we don't even know what RACE they are and certainly don't care. We love them. (Adopted through the grace of God).
There is a fantastic amusement park there besides the mountains and lakes and beauty. We left and went home. They can HAVE Idaho.
(not your innkeepers, sorry, it just brought it back looking at that website) Of course my grandmother being pale caucasion never noticed any of this there after 25 years of spending every summer at that lake.

Hey Swirt, my grandmother is in Coeur d'Alene right now. Selling off her waterfront place (Sandpoint) there prepping for the old folks home.
Totally off topic, but I experienced extreme racism there like no other. In case you easterners don't know Sandpoint being the home to the Hitler Youth and many other neo-nazi groups. Yep, had mothers' tear their children away from mine on a playground and carry them away. Most of you know how sweet our kids are. If I didn't experience it myself I would have never believed it.
The beauty of our kids is we don't even know what RACE they are and certainly don't care. We love them. (Adopted through the grace of God).
There is a fantastic amusement park there besides the mountains and lakes and beauty. We left and went home. They can HAVE Idaho.
(not your innkeepers, sorry, it just brought it back looking at that website) Of course my grandmother being pale caucasion never noticed any of this there after 25 years of spending every summer at that lake..
Well I am pretty sure that is an aspect they aren't going to promote. ;-) I think no matter where you go you will find @$!*%&# idiots. Unfortunately they attract one another. Here's to better playgrounds where the fears of idiots can't corrupt the innocence of youth.
wink_smile.gif

Yes it is everywhere. But certain areas are known for it. I thought i would educate the blorum on the region of the country. A friend of our drove to Idaho with a rental truck to load up on grain to grind his own wheat to make his own bread for the world collapse in Y2K. Hope the moths and weevils enjoyed his grain. Sorry to side track.

Peggs, you have some great links on there! I can get lost in that.
I know nothing about Nebraska (and my Nana was from there) so thanks for sharing! I will put your link on mine asap.
This is what I'm talkin' about. For a person to see your blog and all that information is priceless! That is so much valuable than the next guy's place who has very little information for the guests. GREAT JOB!.
Thanks. I hope you find things you can use.
I had been just reviewing where we ate, etc. But after discussion here and looking at some of the blogs from here, I knew there were things I didn't know how to do so just went to blogger and tried different things. Finally found what to use to put the different links in. Some of the blogs from here showed me what was possible.

I am trying to do better with my blog. Any suggestions welcome.
http://hawleybb.blogspot.com/.
You have some great information there. You've got it well layed out. My only suggestion would be a photo every once in a while to add some visual interest. It takes a bit more time to take and add them, but they do draw you in once you see them. Here's an example of one of my clien't blogs that have done a nice job with combining photos and visitor advice: North Idaho Visitor's Guide
Thanks, I know I need more pictures on my web site and to add them to the blog. Will work on it.

It probably does not get traffic for me, but it gives me a way to talk about what is happening in Shinnston and in WV. My blog is just a button on my web site. I did set up a blog one night when a friend was here but cannot remember where it was or what my ID/password is if I did remember.
I told about the Heritage Farm Museum we stayed at furing the museum conference, the rail-trail conference, the weather we have had, etc We do not have a lot of restaurants (and we so not go out all that much - other than Thursday Spaghetti Night at Jimmy's - all you want for $3.99) so there is not a lot to review.
I try to write something once a week though.

Mine is on http://thomasshepherdinn.blogspot.com/.
I have gotten better at keeping it going, although I still need to add some restaurant reviews.
Jeanne

Thursday Spaghetti Night at Jimmy's - all you want for $3.99
These are the things guests like. I, as a guest want to go to Jimmy's. These are the hometown feel that guests are looking for in a small town. In a large city, then the hotspots, the best TIMES to go to art galleries etc.
I had a guest point out to me that the O.Winston Link Museum and Museum of Transportation have a shared ticket. So you can see both for the same price! This I didn't even know. Thank you guests for telling me. If there is nothing else happening, I will blog a short one about that. You never know who is reading. We had a railway man come here from Manchester England to visit O.Winston Link Museum. So write about anything and everything, some things will hit the mark for certain guests.

Thursday Spaghetti Night at Jimmy's - all you want for $3.99
These are the things guests like. I, as a guest want to go to Jimmy's. These are the hometown feel that guests are looking for in a small town. In a large city, then the hotspots, the best TIMES to go to art galleries etc.
I had a guest point out to me that the O.Winston Link Museum and Museum of Transportation have a shared ticket. So you can see both for the same price! This I didn't even know. Thank you guests for telling me. If there is nothing else happening, I will blog a short one about that. You never know who is reading. We had a railway man come here from Manchester England to visit O.Winston Link Museum. So write about anything and everything, some things will hit the mark for certain guests..
Hey, you could write a guest review of Kazu for me. We almost always eat lunch there, not dinner. Send me an email if you wanna...
Jeanne

Back