Bed and Breakfast.com is showing up for Virginia searches finally!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
"Showing up" means PAGE 1 in google.
I googled virginia bed breakfast and BedandBreakfast.com/Virginia comes up on page 1 finally!
WOW! #4 on page 1 in google.

They've been up on that search reliably for a few months now.

They've been up on that search reliably for a few months now..
Yeah, but..how many people actually would do a search on that?? Wouldn't they be more inclined to do a city,state bb search if they knew approximately where they wanted to go???

I find that regional searches are far more common than city and state searches.
For instance, "Michigan Bed and Breakfasts", "Northern Michigan Bed and Breakfasts", "Northwest Michigan Bed and Breakfasts" and "Romantic Michigan Bed and Breakfasts" all outweigh searches for our city or even those most popular nearby. We rank pretty much equally well for all of them, so makes it very easy to track.
Many people aren't really sure where to go in the state when they start looking (at least those guests that I speak to about it), most say that they came because our website highlighted the area and it's attractions so well.

Frankly, I don't like that they compete with us for the organic listings. They come up #1 for our most used search term.

Frankly, I don't like that they compete with us for the organic listings. They come up #1 for our most used search term..
Yeah it doesn't seem fair, individual inns are now at what seems to be a real disadvantage because the big boys are taking over. It's tough to beat them at that game.

Frankly, I don't like that they compete with us for the organic listings. They come up #1 for our most used search term..
I spend alot of money with bb.com, and I like the fact that they do well in the rankings, I would expect nothing less.

I find that regional searches are far more common than city and state searches.
For instance, "Michigan Bed and Breakfasts", "Northern Michigan Bed and Breakfasts", "Northwest Michigan Bed and Breakfasts" and "Romantic Michigan Bed and Breakfasts" all outweigh searches for our city or even those most popular nearby. We rank pretty much equally well for all of them, so makes it very easy to track.
Many people aren't really sure where to go in the state when they start looking (at least those guests that I speak to about it), most say that they came because our website highlighted the area and it's attractions so well..
Trafficwise, generic state searches often bring larger volumes, but they often convert at a lower rate than local or regional searches. If the state term is double your local traffic but only 1/4 the conversion, then its not as powerful as it seems at first glance. This is why it is important to track conversions, not just traffic.

Back