bed and breakfast .com reveiws

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something just came to me. Does anyone else think that because webervations is owned by bed and breakfast .com now that they are is sending out e-mails to our guests after they have stayed asking for a review? I mean if guests used webervations to book. I got an e-mail asking me for a review because I stayed somewhere. It was from bedandbreakfast.com.
I got a review from a couple that I know 100% would not have done a review. They were just not the type to do that. They said ALLl glowing things and dinged me on several things. I know which guests it was and I would never even mention for them to do a review. They told me how pleased that they had been told about us and they loved everything. They just weren't the kind to do a review on their own. So I am wondering if they got sent an e-mail for a review from bed and breakfast.com. A lot goes into being an innkeeper and I assess their personality so I know not to ask someone who would be uncomfortable being ask to do this.

Something just came to me. Does anyone else think that because webervations is owned by bed and breakfast .com now that they are is sending out e-mails to our guests after they have stayed asking for a review? I mean if guests used webervations to book. I got an e-mail asking me for a review because I stayed somewhere. It was from bedandbreakfast.com.
I got a review from a couple that I know 100% would not have done a review. They were just not the type to do that. They said ALLl glowing things and dinged me on several things. I know which guests it was and I would never even mention for them to do a review. They told me how pleased that they had been told about us and they loved everything. They just weren't the kind to do a review on their own. So I am wondering if they got sent an e-mail for a review from bed and breakfast.com. A lot goes into being an innkeeper and I assess their personality so I know not to ask someone who would be uncomfortable being ask to do this..
Interesting...on a slightly different note about reviews. I recently purchased some items from Amazon and with them came a note saying to contact them with any issues. and then said "PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SATISFIED WITH YOUR ITEM!" We want to earn a 100% 5 star rating from you. Contact us first please"
Maybe that is what innkeepers should put into their email thank you's :)

I got a review from a couple that I know 100% would not have done a review. They were just not the type to do that. They said ALLl glowing things and dinged me on several things. I know which guests it was and I would never even mention for them to do a review. They told me how pleased that they had been told about us and they loved everything. They just weren't the kind to do a review on their own. So I am wondering if they got sent an e-mail for a review from bed and breakfast.com. A lot goes into being an innkeeper and I assess their personality so I know not to ask someone who would be uncomfortable being ask to do this..
Interesting...on a slightly different note about reviews. I recently purchased some items from Amazon and with them came a note saying to contact them with any issues. and then said "PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SATISFIED WITH YOUR ITEM!" We want to earn a 100% 5 star rating from you. Contact us first please"
That is an interesting way to do it. Maybe it could say we want you be 100% satisfied so if there is anything we could have done better please e-mail us and let us know.

catlady said:
Yeah and if you do leave feedback saying "Product was NOT as described" they email you an accuse you of slander. Didn't you read our note about contacting us? I ordered a karaoke cd a few years ago and when it arrived it was a made in china copy cat with photocopied cover, I was ticked, it was not just a simple "not exactly as described" it was out and out illegal. They told me they would refun my money if I took my "Feedback" off amazon since they have a perfect score there. NO WAY! and ps another reason to use PAYPAL, so these losers don't have your real cc #'s plus the paypal guarantee.

Can you elaborate on that? As a guest, I will sometimes only put it on bed and breakfast because they do make reviewers provide proof of stay for a bad review. And, as Ike says you have to creat a TA account to post reviews...so can be a bigger hassle for guests. What's up?.
Samster said:
Can you elaborate on that? As a guest, I will sometimes only put it on bed and breakfast because they do make reviewers provide proof of stay for a bad review. And, as Ike says you have to creat a TA account to post reviews...so can be a bigger hassle for guests. What's up?
I don't point anyone to BedandBreakfast.com because I am not sure I'm going to stay with them. and when I go I don't want to lose my reviews.
Riki
egoodell said:
Samster said:
Can you elaborate on that? As a guest, I will sometimes only put it on bed and breakfast because they do make reviewers provide proof of stay for a bad review. And, as Ike says you have to creat a TA account to post reviews...so can be a bigger hassle for guests. What's up?
I don't point anyone to BedandBreakfast.com because I am not sure I'm going to stay with them. and when I go I don't want to lose my reviews.
Riki
If you are setup on Google Places, then your Bed and Breakfast reviews have been ported there. Now I'm not sure if they will stay there if you leave B&B.com, but I would imagine they would. You could always copy them and post them on your personal website.

I recently had an issue I ordered from ebay (it was new in box) and after trying to get it worked out directly with the seller (who was basically not responding) I wrote a review, next thing I got an email from them asking me (quote unquote) "how much money do you want from us in order to change your review"
thud.gif

I was like what???? are you trying to BRIBE ME?? I want you to make it right and send me a product that works and answer my emails ... (they finally did)

Can you elaborate on that? As a guest, I will sometimes only put it on bed and breakfast because they do make reviewers provide proof of stay for a bad review. And, as Ike says you have to creat a TA account to post reviews...so can be a bigger hassle for guests. What's up?.
Samster said:
Riki
egoodell said:
Samster said:
Riki
If you are setup on Google Places, then your Bed and Breakfast reviews have been ported there. Now I'm not sure if they will stay there if you leave B&B.com, but I would imagine they would. You could always copy them and post them on your personal website.
Proud Texan said:
egoodell said:
Samster said:
Riki
That is a good idea but I just don't have the time for all that. I don't like them to work that hard - would rather just point all to tripadvisor. I am on Google Places, though.
riki

catlady said:
I find this so incredibly annoying. 'Nothing but 5 stars. We'll do ANYTHING just don't give us less than 5 stars.' People, we are training guests and consumers to demand nothing less than perfect every single time they have any kind of encounter with anything. '3 stars for the national park. Very pretty but there were bugs. I wasn't expecting bugs outdoors.'

Sandy, this was discussed in an old thread. B&B.com made some enhancements a while back, one was a auto email after departure by B&B.com asking for a review of their stay. It is optional but checked yes by default. If you do not want your guests to recieve this email here is what you should do:
Under property info, name & address: scroll down to the bottom & just above the pink box you will see the message - uncheck the box and save.

I e-mailed bedandbreakfast.com and ask if they are sending my guests e-mails with out permission from me. This was their reply.
Thank you for your email. The only time that BedandBreakfast.com sends out reminders to review is when a guest makes a Reservation Request to your property through BedandBreakfast.com, and specifically asks us to send them an email reminder to review after their stay. We cannot disable this feature, as these guests are specifically asking us to remind them about reviewing your property. We do not send review reminders to guests that do not request them from us, however.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Sincerely,
Jordan Forbes, Membership Consultant
I did learn that we need to go to webervations and remove the check that asks if we want them to send a request for review after guests stay. I did that. There is a lot of thought goes into asking guests to review. Some would just not want to do this and I can feel it.

I removed that check as well. Guest shouldn't be forced to write a review. Now I don't get so many but I really like it that way. I wish bedandbreakfast.com would just remove those bubbles completely and just let people write nice things about us.

As a guest, I would be annoyed by constant email reminders and associate them with the Inn. I'm glad it can be disabled.

Samster said:
Riki
egoodell said:
Samster said:
Riki
Proud Texan said:
If the original review goes away, they will disappear from Google Places as well, in time.
On a separate, but related note, to everyone is that you can also send people to submit reviews directly to Google Places.

I removed that check as well. Guest shouldn't be forced to write a review. Now I don't get so many but I really like it that way. I wish bedandbreakfast.com would just remove those bubbles completely and just let people write nice things about us..
Wasn't there someone on here from bed and breakfast .com that reads theses post and replied to help. Wonder where he went. I would love for him to hear that we might like them to revisit how they do the reviews.
I am thinking about going to my listing on b&b.com and telling guests if they would like to book please go click the button to the left that says visit web site go to our site to make your reservation. That way they would not be requesting the reservation from bed and breakfast .com. This might be a way around bed and breakfast .com asking my guests if they want to be sent a request to do a review. They are butting in too much.

I removed that check as well. Guest shouldn't be forced to write a review. Now I don't get so many but I really like it that way. I wish bedandbreakfast.com would just remove those bubbles completely and just let people write nice things about us..
Wasn't there someone on here from bed and breakfast .com that reads theses post and replied to help. Wonder where he went. I would love for him to hear that we might like them to revisit how they do the reviews.
I am thinking about going to my listing on b&b.com and telling guests if they would like to book please go click the button to the left that says visit web site go to our site to make your reservation. That way they would not be requesting the reservation from bed and breakfast .com. This might be a way around bed and breakfast .com asking my guests if they want to be sent a request to do a review. They are butting in too much.
sandynn said:
They don't come around these parts any more since they got bought by Home Away.

sandynn said:
Are you saying those requests go out if the guest merely ASKS about a making a reservation? I thought the guest had to use the 'Book It' button to get that email. The guest could ask tons of B&B's for more info and never stay at any of them.

sandynn said:
Alibi Ike said:
sandynn said:
Which really is sad becuase Jonh B was always very good at explainations. There was one time a few months ago where it seemed like B&B.com got reamed up one side and down another, but he still kept logging on trying to get his side across. I gave him serious credit for coming back over and over again to get lashed, verbally.

sandynn said:
Are you saying those requests go out if the guest merely ASKS about a making a reservation? I thought the guest had to use the 'Book It' button to get that email. The guest could ask tons of B&B's for more info and never stay at any of them.
No I am thinking it is if they click the blue oval that says e-mail a reservation request. That must be what they are talking about.
I don't have the book it button.

My understanding is the emails come after a REAL reservation. If booked through B&B.com they may (not sure) automatically send a 'thank you & please review" email.
In Webervations, there is an option (on by default) that sends out this email after the stay - the email comes from B&B.com, and not as the individual B&B. If you have Webervations and do not want this auto email going out to your guests, in Webervations go to the property info tab, name & address: scroll down to the bottom & just above the pink box you will see the message - uncheck the box and save. (I posted this in this thread but failed to clearly mark it as Webervations)
It is my understanding that the guest only receives ONE email, constant harrassing UNLESS you sign up for their newsletters etc.

Back