bed and breakfast .com reveiws

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed that check as well. Guest shouldn't be forced to write a review. Now I don't get so many but I really like it that way. I wish bedandbreakfast.com would just remove those bubbles completely and just let people write nice things about us..
Wasn't there someone on here from bed and breakfast .com that reads theses post and replied to help. Wonder where he went. I would love for him to hear that we might like them to revisit how they do the reviews.
I am thinking about going to my listing on b&b.com and telling guests if they would like to book please go click the button to the left that says visit web site go to our site to make your reservation. That way they would not be requesting the reservation from bed and breakfast .com. This might be a way around bed and breakfast .com asking my guests if they want to be sent a request to do a review. They are butting in too much.
sandynn said:
I am thinking about going to my listing on b&b.com and telling guests if they would like to book please go click the button to the left that says visit web site go to our site to make your reservation. That way they would not be requesting the reservation from bed and breakfast .com. This might be a way around bed and breakfast .com asking my guests if they want to be sent a request to do a review. They are butting in too much.
Are you saying those requests go out if the guest merely ASKS about a making a reservation? I thought the guest had to use the 'Book It' button to get that email. The guest could ask tons of B&B's for more info and never stay at any of them.
No I am thinking it is if they click the blue oval that says e-mail a reservation request. That must be what they are talking about.
I don't have the book it button.
sandynn said:
No I am thinking it is if they click the blue oval that says e-mail a reservation request. That must be what they are talking about.
Which doesn't make any sense, does it? Say i went thru them to find out if you had any openings for a particular date. They then send me an email asking to rate the stay when they don't even know if I DID stay with you? Doesn't make sense. I'll test it out on myself. Email myself a rez request for this weekend and see if I get a 'review' email.
I would say this is a test we should all do on any system where we don't have control over all of it. Test it out and see what we get as guests.

I removed that check as well. Guest shouldn't be forced to write a review. Now I don't get so many but I really like it that way. I wish bedandbreakfast.com would just remove those bubbles completely and just let people write nice things about us..
Wasn't there someone on here from bed and breakfast .com that reads theses post and replied to help. Wonder where he went. I would love for him to hear that we might like them to revisit how they do the reviews.
sandynn said:
Are you saying those requests go out if the guest merely ASKS about a making a reservation? I thought the guest had to use the 'Book It' button to get that email. The guest could ask tons of B&B's for more info and never stay at any of them.
sandynn said:
Which doesn't make any sense, does it? Say i went thru them to find out if you had any openings for a particular date. They then send me an email asking to rate the stay when they don't even know if I DID stay with you? Doesn't make sense. I'll test it out on myself. Email myself a rez request for this weekend and see if I get a 'review' email.
I would say this is a test we should all do on any system where we don't have control over all of it. Test it out and see what we get as guests.
Alibi Ike said:
sandynn said:
What bothers me is that if you CANCEL your stay, you are still going to get a request for review/bothersome emails? That bugs me. It is NO BUSINESS, whatsoever, of B&B.com to contact YOUR guests. It's just wrong. On so many levels.

My understanding is the emails come after a REAL reservation. If booked through B&B.com they may (not sure) automatically send a 'thank you & please review" email.
In Webervations, there is an option (on by default) that sends out this email after the stay - the email comes from B&B.com, and not as the individual B&B. If you have Webervations and do not want this auto email going out to your guests, in Webervations go to the property info tab, name & address: scroll down to the bottom & just above the pink box you will see the message - uncheck the box and save. (I posted this in this thread but failed to clearly mark it as Webervations)
It is my understanding that the guest only receives ONE email, constant harrassing UNLESS you sign up for their newsletters etc..
Ok one more thing then I will quit on this. Here is an e-mail I received by mistake. It was suppose to go to my guest. I am not sure how that happen but this is how I knew they were sending out these e-mails.
This is not from Webervations. My guests can't book from bedandbreakfast.com so why did they send this. My guests might think I am sharing their info with others and I am not.

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
[/FONT][FONT= 'Lucida Grande']You recently made a reservation inquiry for Ivy House Bed and Breakfast[/FONT] and requested to receive a reminder to review that property on BedandBreakfast.com. If you completed your stay and wish to review this property, simply click on the link below. Otherwise, please disregard this email.
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/SubmitReview.aspx?id=623708
A typical review takes less than three minutes to complete and helps other potential guests make better lodging decisions. Plus, you'll be automatically entered to win a $1,000 BedandBreakfast.com Getaway Gift Card. Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Regards,
The BedandBreakfast.com Team
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from BedandBreakfast.com, click here.
Don't let important newsletters and announcements end up in the trash. To be sure that you receive our mailings, please add [email protected] to your address book.

My understanding is the emails come after a REAL reservation. If booked through B&B.com they may (not sure) automatically send a 'thank you & please review" email.
In Webervations, there is an option (on by default) that sends out this email after the stay - the email comes from B&B.com, and not as the individual B&B. If you have Webervations and do not want this auto email going out to your guests, in Webervations go to the property info tab, name & address: scroll down to the bottom & just above the pink box you will see the message - uncheck the box and save. (I posted this in this thread but failed to clearly mark it as Webervations)
It is my understanding that the guest only receives ONE email, constant harrassing UNLESS you sign up for their newsletters etc..
Ok one more thing then I will quit on this. Here is an e-mail I received by mistake. It was suppose to go to my guest. I am not sure how that happen but this is how I knew they were sending out these e-mails.
This is not from Webervations. My guests can't book from bedandbreakfast.com so why did they send this. My guests might think I am sharing their info with others and I am not.

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
[/FONT][FONT= 'Lucida Grande']You recently made a reservation inquiry for Ivy House Bed and Breakfast[/FONT] and requested to receive a reminder to review that property on BedandBreakfast.com. If you completed your stay and wish to review this property, simply click on the link below. Otherwise, please disregard this email.
A typical review takes less than three minutes to complete and helps other potential guests make better lodging decisions. Plus, you'll be automatically entered to win a $1,000 BedandBreakfast.com Getaway Gift Card. Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Regards,
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from BedandBreakfast.com, click here.
Don't let important newsletters and announcements end up in the trash. To be sure that you receive our mailings, please add [email protected] to your address book.
I am so disgusted with this company!!! I just clicked on "email reservation request" and at the bottom, this is what's written:
The contents of this form will be sent direct by e-mail to the innkeeper. It is only to be used to inquire about booking this property or additional information needed to make a reservation. Any other use constitutes an abuse of BedandBreakfast.com systems. You may also receive our email communications targeted to your interests by BedandBreakfast.com. You can reference our privacy policy for more information.

Privacy Statement
This email goes direct to the innkeeper. BedandBreakfast.com keeps an archive copy as a back-up for innkeepers. BedandBreakfast.com will also add your email address to its mailing list. This list is used exclusively by us for notification of special offers. The BedandBreakfast.com mailing list is not given, sold, or lent to any third party. If you wish to have your email address removed from the BedandBreakfast.com list, please click remove. See our terms and conditions and privacy policy for more information.

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
Regards,
I am so disgusted with this company!!! I just clicked on "email reservation request" and at the bottom, this is what's written:
The contents of this form will be sent direct by e-mail to the innkeeper. It is only to be used to inquire about booking this property or additional information needed to make a reservation. Any other use constitutes an abuse of BedandBreakfast.com systems. You may also receive our email communications targeted to your interests by BedandBreakfast.com. You can reference our privacy policy for more information.

Privacy Statement
This email goes direct to the innkeeper. BedandBreakfast.com keeps an archive copy as a back-up for innkeepers. BedandBreakfast.com will also add your email address to its mailing list. This list is used exclusively by us for notification of special offers. The BedandBreakfast.com mailing list is not given, sold, or lent to any third party. If you wish to have your email address removed from the BedandBreakfast.com list, please click remove. See our terms and conditions and privacy policy for more information.
Breakfast Diva said:

Privacy Statement
devil_smile.gif
And we wonder why we get those junk email addresses when they book!!!

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
Regards,

Privacy Statement
And you know what those 'other' emails will contain don't you? Links to the properties they get paid from for booking online. Coupons to get discounts on those same book it online properties and a million other things that lead the guest away from us cheapskates who won't fork over 30% of our income for every reservation.

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
Regards,
How many guests will actually read far enough to know the email is not from you or me? They will think, 'Great, all I did was ask if they had a room and now they're going to hassle me.'
So, how do I turn that off again?

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
Regards,

Privacy Statement
Personally, I think it is a bad policy and don't like the practice.
The reality is though that I pretty much have come to expect this kind of thing from any website that has some email form to fill out (B&B related or not). It is the reason I never use those forms if I can avoid it.
I have family that email me things they find in news sites or other places on the web and it always annoys me that most of them use the built-in "send this to a friend" link on whatever website they are on and then freely give that site their own email address AND mine. Grrrr.

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
Regards,
They sent another request to the same person!!!
Ok because in the e-mail that I got from bed and breakfast .com that was suppose to be to Jane (real my above post) was not replied to they resent it. Yes they resent it to me. I am not going to tell them this because I don't want them to send it to the real Jane. So if guests don't reply they just go ahead and resend. The first request was sent on Feb 24th and the next one was sent today the 27th. I don't like that at all. Am I crabby about this or what. I feel I am being so crabby but I am so upset about them e-mailing my guests.
Sorry I know I said I was not going to post anymore about this but had to.

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
Regards,
Ok because in the e-mail that I got from bed and breakfast .com that was suppose to be to Jane (real my above post) was not replied to they resent it. Yes they resent it to me. I am not going to tell them this because I don't want them to send it to the real Jane. So if guests don't reply they just go ahead and resend. The first request was sent on Feb 24th and the next one was sent today the 27th. I don't like that at all. Am I crabby about this or what. I feel I am being so crabby but I am so upset about them e-mailing my guests.
cheers.gif
You rock Sandynn!

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
Regards,
cheers.gif
You rock Sandynn!
Thanks, I am not usually crabby and let stuff roll off but his is making me crazy!!!!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
Regards,
cheers.gif
You rock Sandynn!
Thanks, I am not usually crabby and let stuff roll off but his is making me crazy!!!!

sandynn said:
Oh come now, there is always room in the curmudgoon club for one more.
shades_smile.gif

Dear Jane,
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']
Regards,
You have a right to be crabby. We all do. A third party is interacting with our guests without our knowledge. That the GUEST said it was OK, does not mean the guest even saw the tick box or understood it meant emails every 2 weeks to leave a review on a property they may not have stayed at.

Back