bed and breakfast .com reveiws

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
From now on if people are willing to do a quick review I am pointing them to Trip Advisor. I am not sure I like how bed and breakfast .com does theirs.

the only trouble is with trip adviser is you have to create an account etc before you can leave a review it is not a case of oh quick open the site and get on with it. This is what puts a lot of people off as they can't be bothered.

Can you elaborate on that? As a guest, I will sometimes only put it on bed and breakfast because they do make reviewers provide proof of stay for a bad review. And, as Ike says you have to creat a TA account to post reviews...so can be a bigger hassle for guests. What's up?

Can you elaborate on that? As a guest, I will sometimes only put it on bed and breakfast because they do make reviewers provide proof of stay for a bad review. And, as Ike says you have to creat a TA account to post reviews...so can be a bigger hassle for guests. What's up?.
Samster said:
Can you elaborate on that? As a guest, I will sometimes only put it on bed and breakfast because they do make reviewers provide proof of stay for a bad review. And, as Ike says you have to creat a TA account to post reviews...so can be a bigger hassle for guests. What's up?
I don't point anyone to BedandBreakfast.com because I am not sure I'm going to stay with them. and when I go I don't want to lose my reviews.
Riki

When they send this out for you to review and this comes up. I guess this is what I don't like. This seems like this rating is great to guests because it exceeded their expectations. I think is should have outstanding and go backward if you wish. I know what I mean but I don't think I am conveying it well. I tried to copy the explanation of their ratings but it would not show up.
RatingsExplained.png

Rooms[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Service[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Value[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Cleanliness[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Dining[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]

When they send this out for you to review and this comes up. I guess this is what I don't like. This seems like this rating is great to guests because it exceeded their expectations. I think is should have outstanding and go backward if you wish. I know what I mean but I don't think I am conveying it well. I tried to copy the explanation of their ratings but it would not show up.
RatingsExplained.png

Rooms[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Service[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Value[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Cleanliness[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Dining[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
I agree with you on this! It is very confusing to have the four bubbles filled in and some guests probably think that is the highest rating but in fact they need to click on the next bubble for it to be outstanding. I have a few like this. The guest thought that was the highest level and didn't bother changing it. They raved about everything but it was only a 4 star review. I was going to mention it to bedandbreakfast.com but forgot to. I think bedandbreakfast.com should know how we feel about this.

RatingsExplained.png

Rooms[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Service[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Value[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Cleanliness[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Dining[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Totally understand that. I did a review of a place we stayed and that annoyed me, too, because I realized guests had to make the effort to give out better points. Most just look at it and say, 'Good enough,' and go on to write something. But, there are lots of people who had their expectations met so they go BACK a dot and give us 3 stars.
You need a good mix of review sites in play, so don't drop them completely. Just don't refer everyone there all the time.

RatingsExplained.png

Rooms[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Service[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Value[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Cleanliness[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Dining[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Totally understand that. I did a review of a place we stayed and that annoyed me, too, because I realized guests had to make the effort to give out better points. Most just look at it and say, 'Good enough,' and go on to write something. But, there are lots of people who had their expectations met so they go BACK a dot and give us 3 stars.
You need a good mix of review sites in play, so don't drop them completely. Just don't refer everyone there all the time.
Yes Yes Yes this is what I was trying to get across. Thanks

Can you elaborate on that? As a guest, I will sometimes only put it on bed and breakfast because they do make reviewers provide proof of stay for a bad review. And, as Ike says you have to creat a TA account to post reviews...so can be a bigger hassle for guests. What's up?.
Samster said:
I don't point anyone to BedandBreakfast.com because I am not sure I'm going to stay with them. and when I go I don't want to lose my reviews.
Riki
I have thought about that also. I guess I will stay with them but you never know.

I also stopped sending people to Yahoo! Travel for reviews because they don't allow the owner to respond. Very unfair when it's not an honest review.
RIki

I feel the same way Sandynn. I know the guest feel they gave me a good review, but I look at it and it isn't "perfect".

The worst reviews are the ones where you give them a SIGNIFICANT discount and they mark one bubble down for value. It is such a slap in the face.

The worst reviews are the ones where you give them a SIGNIFICANT discount and they mark one bubble down for value. It is such a slap in the face..
Joey Bloggs said:
The worst reviews are the ones where you give them a SIGNIFICANT discount and they mark one bubble down for value. It is such a slap in the face.
This is actually the perfect reason to not discount. You think you're doing something nice, but in the eyes of a guests you are merely a 'business that should want my money at my price'.
When you discount, you are discounting to reach what the guest knows is the local chain's $59 rate. It's a lose-lose.

RatingsExplained.png

Rooms[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Service[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Value[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Cleanliness[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Dining[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Ah, yes! I totally get what you're saying! As a guest, I did a few reviews early on based on the "bubble" explanation and wished after it was posted that I had not because the rating didn't look as good as it should have. :-(

RatingsExplained.png

Rooms[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Service[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Value[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Cleanliness[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Dining[/td]
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
selStar.gif
blankStar.gif
Exceeded my expectations
[/td][/tr][/table]
Ah, yes! I totally get what you're saying! As a guest, I did a few reviews early on based on the "bubble" explanation and wished after it was posted that I had not because the rating didn't look as good as it should have. :-(
I have done this too. Now that I know, I never give less then a 5 unless I really reallllly feel a lower number is justified.

The worst reviews are the ones where you give them a SIGNIFICANT discount and they mark one bubble down for value. It is such a slap in the face..
Here is another. I had a mid 30s couple stay. Great couple that goes to bed and breakfasts ofter. They stayed two nights and one morning I ask how was there evening they told me about the place they ate and how it cost $250 for the meal for both (they chose it all on their own I never even heard of it). However they did go on to say sometimes you just need to splurge. They gave us a glowing review on bedandbreakfast.com but marked us down on value. Value is the one we dinged on the most with bed and breakfast.com. We are not even that high. Our top room which the couple stayed in is $155 per night.

Here is another. I had a mid 30s couple stay. Great couple that goes to bed and breakfasts ofter. They stayed two nights and one morning I ask how was there evening they told me about the place they ate and how it cost $250 for the meal for both (they chose it all on their own I never even heard of it). However they did go on to say sometimes you just need to splurge. They gave us a glowing review on bedandbreakfast.com but marked us down on value. Value is the one we dinged on the most with bed and breakfast.com. We are not even that high. Our top room which the couple stayed in is $155 per night.
sandynn said:
We have a couple that have stayed with us several times, staying here so they can go to this very well known restaurant - with $$$ prices. (They travel 400 miles to indulge) They always book our least expensive room and reviewed our B&B listing everything at 4 except for the food, where we ranked a 5. For some, it's all about the food!

Everyone is different. There is not way of knowing their reasoning or experience. I give high marks if I really enjoyed myself. If you did good...as they say around here...then you get top ranks from me, if a server - you get a super tip. If you are just okay and could care less then it shows and so it goes...
BTW thought I would mention that server at our little Mexican place is gone, the one who walked up to the table with her order pad and just stood there (on our anniversary). UGH. Back to our regular amigos who do a great job.

I think someone else mentioned that before. It was an auto email and no one seemed to know it was going out until they got one themselves.

Back