Bed and Breakfast on agenda

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Bed and Breakfast on agenda[/FONT]
Corsicana Daily Sun
“A bed and breakfast is zoned 'boarding house',” Ellis explained. “There is no B and B zoning.” Ellis also doesn't intend to cook, which also eliminates ...

What boat are we all missing by not just turning our B&B's into scrapbooking hostels?

What boat are we all missing by not just turning our B&B's into scrapbooking hostels?.
yea ......Bed and breakfast...duh...means serve breakfast. Wasn't there another article recently where folks were going to charge for breakfast?? Oh..that was on the ABOUT site. UH what part of B & B do folks not understand???

I had to laugh as I have been to those ladies only type 'cottage' events in another state and the women without their kids and husbands were LOUD. Nothing wrong with piles of laughter, everyone needed it, but the article states (owner I think said) they are quiet little get togethers vs a B&B. I would argue it is the exact opposite.

Also because a person does not cook should not be a reason for the health dept not to do a once over inspection, imo. Health Dept inspects a home when it is built, and not for food preparation.

I had to laugh as I have been to those ladies only type 'cottage' events in another state and the women without their kids and husbands were LOUD. Nothing wrong with piles of laughter, everyone needed it, but the article states (owner I think said) they are quiet little get togethers vs a B&B. I would argue it is the exact opposite..
Yeah, I'm a grannie, aunt, mother, etc and I can certainly be loud! And I know for the quilters, that's part of the fun...being away and having a good time!
Heck, on my FB page was someone wanting all of the ladies coming for next month's big event here in town to bring noisemakers. They're talking kazoos, tambourines, drums, whistles, etc. Holy cow. Am I glad I'm not a hotel.

Also because a person does not cook should not be a reason for the health dept not to do a once over inspection, imo. Health Dept inspects a home when it is built, and not for food preparation..
Yes, they should have a safety inspection for one thing. And my health inspector didn't limit his visit to the kitchen, he was all over the house, stripping beds and rubbing his hands on the shower stalls to see if they were really clean.

Back