bedandbreakfast.com Book Now only and 18%? No thanks!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm, we switched over and it's 15% for the first year. 18% doesn't kick in until year 2. Still evaluating. We used to pay $110 a month. Still getting direct bookings after folks see us there, so no commission for those reservations.
Are you really sure that it's 18% this year? I know it's freaky, but one has to evaluate to see if perhaps you can make it work. The discounts we paid for the first quarter don't come near what we would have paid per month.
Also, many of us are increasing our BedBreakfast rates on their site to cover commissions. Give it a try. You can decrease your inventory at any time. Or black out dates during high season..
That's an idea, but I would feel like I was gouging people. I guess I'm too nice! I wonder how many would realize that they could book a high season room for $205 on our site or $242 on bedandbreakfast.com . I didn't realize there was an option for blacking out dates, as well. Thanks for the info! I will see how it plays out
regular_smile.gif

I have been discovering that I am getting many more reservations from folks that saw us on BedBreak first, then simply Googled us and booked direct! Win, Win! No directory fee or commission!
Here too. More direct bookings this year. Some say they found us on Air, but decided to save the fees, some found us on TA through TripConnect.
We have never used Booking, expedia or any of the others.
Tons from Trip Connect for us!

Hmmmm, we switched over and it's 15% for the first year. 18% doesn't kick in until year 2. Still evaluating. We used to pay $110 a month. Still getting direct bookings after folks see us there, so no commission for those reservations.
Are you really sure that it's 18% this year? I know it's freaky, but one has to evaluate to see if perhaps you can make it work. The discounts we paid for the first quarter don't come near what we would have paid per month.
Also, many of us are increasing our BedBreakfast rates on their site to cover commissions. Give it a try. You can decrease your inventory at any time. Or black out dates during high season..
That's an idea, but I would feel like I was gouging people. I guess I'm too nice! I wonder how many would realize that they could book a high season room for $205 on our site or $242 on bedandbreakfast.com . I didn't realize there was an option for blacking out dates, as well. Thanks for the info! I will see how it plays out
regular_smile.gif

I have been discovering that I am getting many more reservations from folks that saw us on BedBreak first, then simply Googled us and booked direct! Win, Win! No directory fee or commission!
Here too. More direct bookings this year. Some say they found us on Air, but decided to save the fees, some found us on TA through TripConnect.
Neither do we.
We have friends who are pretty much reliant on b.c, similar establishment, similar pricing.
Over the past few weeks when we've talked we've compared the number of empty rooms we have in July and they've pretty much been on a par with us. Although interestingly they've admitted they've had to drop their rates several times to fill rooms because of the amount of local competition on b.c.
They do get more off-season bookings than us, but if you're having to drop your rates peak season and pay 15% I think they'd pretty much cancel each other out.

We've received no bookings since February from B&B.c.
It's a good thing they don't charge anymore, because I sure wouldn't renew.

regular_smile.gif

Neither do we.
We have friends who are pretty much reliant on b.c, similar establishment, similar pricing.
Over the past few weeks when we've talked we've compared the number of empty rooms we have in July and they've pretty much been on a par with us. Although interestingly they've admitted they've had to drop their rates several times to fill rooms because of the amount of local competition on b.c.
They do get more off-season bookings than us, but if you're having to drop your rates peak season and pay 15% I think they'd pretty much cancel each other out.
So far I'm not seeing any difference in bookings without bedandbreakfast.com - our July has been busier than last year
regular_smile.gif

Back