Bedandbreakfast.com gift certificates/gift cards

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I have noticed that the PDF listing for guests on BandB.com still lists all of those I KNOW who have removed themselves from the Gift Card prgm.
If you are one who recently jumped overboard on this prgm, you might want to have a look. Guests if they use this card, will see you as a participating member of this program - try to convince them otherwise.
You are all listed in the printed book still which guests have perpetually with the GC they have purchased or been given.

On this thread I wanted to mention as well that we discontinued accepting B&B.com gift certs as of October 1st (when the program rules changed), and in the meantime I have had several guests use B&B.com GC's because they had made their reservations prior to October 1st. B&B.com has redeemed these certs for us at the old 15% commission rate. I think I still have a few floating reservations out there for folks using their GC's, I am glad to know the company will honor them under the old rules.
I have NOT checked to see if we are still listed in their PDF listing, I know they removed the little icon from our online listing. Thanks for the heads up.

They don't have their regular staff on the weekend. I am going to wait until tomorrow and call the customer service rep for me (Willow, I think). I get better results talking directly to her so far, anyway.
Good catch on that PDF, JBJ. I didn't think to check that. It is the PDF they used to generate the directories. All of us who discontinued the program will have to be ready to deal with some unhappy customers who shove those directories under our noses as 'proof' that we should take the cards.

I tried calling them and couldn't get through. Had to leave a message. I am sure they are swamped.
I called on FRIDAY and Central time to get through.

On this thread I wanted to mention as well that we discontinued accepting B&B.com gift certs as of October 1st (when the program rules changed), and in the meantime I have had several guests use B&B.com GC's because they had made their reservations prior to October 1st. B&B.com has redeemed these certs for us at the old 15% commission rate. I think I still have a few floating reservations out there for folks using their GC's, I am glad to know the company will honor them under the old rules.
I have NOT checked to see if we are still listed in their PDF listing, I know they removed the little icon from our online listing. Thanks for the heads up..
Oh yeh, we removed ourselves also from the gift card program. Just can't afford those fees. Anyone who has stayed with us and had a $100 gift card only stayed for one night. Guests did not extend their stays resulting in added income for us. Also I doubt that participating in the program increases bookings and paid a hefty commission. Sorry BedandBreakfast.com. It doesn't work for someone small like us.

They don't have their regular staff on the weekend. I am going to wait until tomorrow and call the customer service rep for me (Willow, I think). I get better results talking directly to her so far, anyway.
Good catch on that PDF, JBJ. I didn't think to check that. It is the PDF they used to generate the directories. All of us who discontinued the program will have to be ready to deal with some unhappy customers who shove those directories under our noses as 'proof' that we should take the cards..
I've had one call for a one night reservation right after we had discontinued the program. When I explained why we were no longer participating, they were totally understanding.

Good catch on that PDF, JBJ. I didn't think to check that. It is the PDF they used to generate the directories. All of us who discontinued the program will have to be ready to deal with some unhappy customers who shove those directories under our noses as 'proof' that we should take the cards..
I've had one call for a one night reservation right after we had discontinued the program. When I explained why we were no longer participating, they were totally understanding.
JeannineIrish said:
I had a room already booked in with a GC, which I forgot about til I looked at the rez this week. I have it here and will call BandB.com on monday to get reimbursement. This is the lady who had it since she retired 3 years ago. She just told the other rooms at check out how great it is, you can use them anywhere. I didn't correct her, just walked back in to get another statement for guests.

Maybe if there are enough jumpers then the commissions will be revisited - it is a hefty comm, and in most cases I have not know until c/o that they are using the GC.

I am still on the directory but do not wish to accept the giftcards under their high terms. I will cancel the directory if they keep taking more and more from the innkeepers.

Back