Bedandbreakfast.com reviews have not posted in months to Google.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarrosebb

Reaction score
I've noticed Tripadvisor reviews have not posted to Google local biz listings since October. And I've noticed the same seems to be true for BB.com. The Alps Inn in Boulder, CO has December reviews on BB.com that have not made it to Google.
Can anyone else confirm these problems elsewhere?
Anyone know a reason?

TA is showing up, latest on mine is Sept 25, 2009 top ten are all TA then #11 is BandB.com then TA then #13 BandB.com again - used to be more interspersed with BandB.com. Somehow TA has more power on this now.
I note the url on the BandB.com says BandB.com/ show reviews and my id#, are these the reviews I have ALLOCATED to be viewable on my widget on my website & blog perhaps? So this is why they are showing in this fashion? They used to be RANDOM and now they are posted by date newest first. Not the latest I have on TA however. The latest just appeared yesterday so google has not picked up on it yet.

So in a nutshell what I am seeing is TA has extra weight now - from adding the link to our TA listing? Not sure.
BandB.com has less weight, no idea why, unless is due to my allocating the reviews to view on the BandB.com widget. Maybe John B can take a look in his spare time. What this means to me is that I really need to watch my TA and increase reviews if possible.
Briar I will have a look at yours since you posted your URL. I just looked and the DEC reviews s/b showing for you on google, they are not, you are correct! NOT GOOD!

Google has caps in place on the size of the local feed - this was news to us.... so our feed got bounced in November for being too large. We got it all worked out and the December feeds went through just a week or so ago. It takes 4-6 weeks for new feeds to show up, so new reviews should be in Feb. My guess is the missing of the November feed had something to do with it, but it is kind of black magic what gets loaded.

I am bit slow but do you mean if someone post a review on bed and breakfast.com it goes to Trip Advisor? If so I need only to ask people to post one and not to copy and past to the other, (which most people don' do anyway)?

I am bit slow but do you mean if someone post a review on bed and breakfast.com it goes to Trip Advisor? If so I need only to ask people to post one and not to copy and past to the other, (which most people don' do anyway)?.
This thread is nearly a year old, but the basic idea is that if people post a review on tripadvisor, it will eventually appear on Google Places. If people post a review on bedandbreakfast.com it will eventually show up on Google Places.

Back