Bedbugs - not just for beds anymore!!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
These little critters seem to be popping up all over in NYC these days. I saw an article a few weeks ago about Abercrombie and Fitch having to close their doors to treat for this horrible things, Now it is Victoria's Secret and ""Not to mention thousands of complaints from New York City residents that these little nocturnal pests have been creeping around with increasing regularity."

And they are thinking they have originated from Eastern European Countries.........was some speculation in the news that they have been coming from Middle Eastern Countries as well

And they are thinking they have originated from Eastern European Countries.........was some speculation in the news that they have been coming from Middle Eastern Countries as well.
They could be coming from any where. Just part of the global travel pattern and people who I guess aren't as clean as we would like :-(

And they are thinking they have originated from Eastern European Countries.........was some speculation in the news that they have been coming from Middle Eastern Countries as well.
They could be coming from any where. Just part of the global travel pattern and people who I guess aren't as clean as we would like :-(
catlady said:
It has not a lot to do with being clean. Bedbugs are a common bug and have been around forever. In other places they are no big deal. For guests who come here who have never seen a mosquito and they get bitten, it's the same sort of thing as we feel toward bedbugs.
And if the bugs are in stores, they are going home with perfectly neat and tidy people who are then coming here or bringing their shopping bags back to their lodging places.
Suitcases can get infested in the cargo hold, rental cars ditto.
It's definitely a problem we all have to keep an eye on, but it's not because we're a dirty place or a clean place that bedbugs might make an appearance. Probably easier to find, tho, if the place is otherwise clean!

catlady said:
It has not a lot to do with being clean. Bedbugs are a common bug and have been around forever. In other places they are no big deal. For guests who come here who have never seen a mosquito and they get bitten, it's the same sort of thing as we feel toward bedbugs.
And if the bugs are in stores, they are going home with perfectly neat and tidy people who are then coming here or bringing their shopping bags back to their lodging places.
It's definitely a problem we all have to keep an eye on, but it's not because we're a dirty place or a clean place that bedbugs might make an appearance. Probably easier to find, tho, if the place is otherwise clean!
Morticia said:
For guests who come here who have never seen a mosquito and they get bitten, it's the same sort of thing as we feel toward bedbugs.
Isn't the mosquito your state bird up there?? :)

catlady said:
Morticia said:
For guests who come here who have never seen a mosquito and they get bitten, it's the same sort of thing as we feel toward bedbugs.
Little Blue said:
Morticia said:
You're thinking of New Jersey...we have 32 different varieties of mosquito, but none that big!

Wisconsin & Minnesota have skeeters big enough to ride.
ah-hemmmm - the U P also

Speaking of these blood suckers - I got a kick out of a phrase on Facebook (going by memory) 'If only mosquitos sucked fat rather than blood"

LB I am reading another book in a series in the UP and they keep talking about Yooper food and The Pasty and I have to get up there and try one! Anything involving a rutabaga begs to be tried!

LB I am reading another book in a series in the UP and they keep talking about Yooper food and The Pasty and I have to get up there and try one! Anything involving a rutabaga begs to be tried!.
If you have not heard them, try to find "The Second Week of Deer Camp" by the Yoopers. It is a scream! I like that group.

Back