Bell Canada should be spelled with an H!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
We made a change to our phones. We got a mobile for for the B&B and transfered an identicall phone number (a virtual phone number that rings differently) to the mobile. Should be simple... we left specific instructions not to change anything else. Well, they managed to screw it up. They disconnected our main line last night. Sounds simple?
We had guests who were leaving at 5:15AM and 5:45AM for the airport. We preordered the taxis. But we usually leave them a phone number as a backup in case the taxi doesn't arrive. But with no phone service there was no backup. So, I got up at 5AM to ensure that our guests got their respective taxis. So much for a good night of sleep.
I called last night at 8 PM to repairs. They told me that it wasn't a repair issue, it was a customer service issue and it can't be fixed until customer service opens at 8 AM. Can you guess what happened next? I called customer service at 8 AM and they told me.... call repairs, it's a repair issue. They acknowledged the error and promised to see if they could fix it or if they needed a tech. No tech needed, service restored at 11 AM.
So I check... call my number, it rings... no Caller-ID. I dial my other identicall... it rings but doesn't ring through. I call the phone company... now it's up to 72 hours to fix. Okay, to their credit, I finally get a call at 5PM saying that they fixed it. Lady says is everything working now. I say it would be better if they didn't screw things up in the first place.
So, I spent the day calling the phone company via Google Voice (free) or having them call me on my call (free incoming).
And now... the cog. The front doorbell rings at 6:30AM. Who the **** rings a doorbell at 6:30AM. Well, it's the previous owner's lap door repair man. Asking if I'm the new owner and telling me about the previous owner of the house and how he was the person who fixed everything in the house for her and damaged the house by carving her initials on the building. I sent him off, saying that we own the house now and that's that. I wasn't going to say how badly the work on the house was done and how much we have had to redo. And I certainly wasn't going to let him in to see the house, he was known as the neighbourhood drunkard.
And if this day wasn't miserable enough... someone sends me a note asking about an online special with a code that has very specific validity that requires booking directly on our website and using the code and it says that it can't be added after.... asking in email if I will honour the code even though she didn't use it and booked via a third-party website. What a day!
PS: I made four containers of raspberry cocoa jam today. I redid the recipe slightly because it was just easier to weigh sugar and raspberries than to measure them. And of course, being that there is cocoa, I don't want to taste it (not a flavour that I like) so I keep on getting others to judge it. Everyone says it's bitter and sweet at the same time. Maybe it will be better once it cools.

There are some days where it just doesn't pay to wake up. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

There are some days where it just doesn't pay to wake up. I hope tomorrow is better for you..
Me too.
The good side... I finally collected the last 6 ramekins (I ordered 12) so I can switch to making individual portions of baked dishes. And I went to the supermarket and they had eggs on sale, so I bought a dozen and a half cartons. All the guests arrived before 6 PM. Well, it's looking up.

There are some days where it just doesn't pay to wake up. I hope tomorrow is better for you..
Me too.
The good side... I finally collected the last 6 ramekins (I ordered 12) so I can switch to making individual portions of baked dishes. And I went to the supermarket and they had eggs on sale, so I bought a dozen and a half cartons. All the guests arrived before 6 PM. Well, it's looking up.
thumbs_up.gif
Glad things are looking up!

Back