Benedict Eggs in Pastry Recipe

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that looks great! Especially since the eggs are not poached. My guests just don't like poached eggs here.
RIki

Thanks JB - Absolutely Fabulous !!!!
The addition of the dijon mustard to the egg yolks for the Hollandaise sauce is a stroke of genius - just like adding it to an oil and vinegar salad dressing, it really emulsifies the sauce and it "held" beautifully without any further attention at all once it was made (made mine a little more lemony and added a splash of red wine vinegar but that's just personal preference).
Made the "pastries" much smaller than the recipe called for and didn't add the cheese (to me it took away from the Eggs Bene concept). Cut each one in half and arranged them, three to a plate, in a "spoke" pattern. Drizzled sauce on top, scattered with green scallions and dusted the plate with paprika. Plates were licked clean.

That looks like something a bit different and yummy! I will have to have a brunch get-together to try it out!

OMG no wonder it looks so good, did you see how much fat it has in it?
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Back