Best 13 minutes you'll ever spend in the kitchen as an innkeeper...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winewitch

Reaction score
Are any of you privy to the "Pampered Chef" 13 minute microwave bundt cakes?
All I can say is do yourself a favor and get ahold of your local PC rep or look on e-bay for the stoneware bundt pan... I will post the recipes if you don't have them. Even if you have to pay retail for the pan, the time and headaches you'll save is worth it! ( I am not a rep!) I make these about once a week.
Easy, mostly 4 ingredients, 13 minutes in the Micro, BAM, done! No more heating up your house on a hot summer day! I have cut the cakes into at least 20 servings when needed...
Double Chocolate chip, Pumpkin Spice, Strawberry, Cherry, Lemon, Caramel, Banana, Confetti....to name a few!

I JUST remembered that I have one of those stoneware Bundt cake pans!!! Post recipes, please because I think my Pampered Chef cookbook has strayed since moving.... Thanks!

cakes.jpg

Let me know if that works....Or Swirt, if you have suggestions on how to display them...

cakes.jpg

Let me know if that works....Or Swirt, if you have suggestions on how to display them....
If you can scan it at a little higher resolution that would be great. This one is tough to read at this size. The best way would be to post them as recipes in the recipe section. Are they specific to doing them in the microwave or would the recipe work as well in a regular bundt pan in the oven?

Why would it have to be one of their stoneware pans?? can't it be any microwaveable pan? Plastic bundt, Silicone??? Glass??? Just asking I don't really know for sure.

Yes, I'd like these recipies too. Thank you so much. I'm with catlady, would other microwaveable dishes work? if not, I'll see if I can find a PC dealer.
does the size and power of Microwave matter?

cakes.jpg

Let me know if that works....Or Swirt, if you have suggestions on how to display them....
If you can scan it at a little higher resolution that would be great. This one is tough to read at this size. The best way would be to post them as recipes in the recipe section. Are they specific to doing them in the microwave or would the recipe work as well in a regular bundt pan in the oven?
I'll try another scan, I'm sure the recipes will work in a regular pan in an oven, but the point is that you only have to cook for 13 minutes in the microwave. So, you aren't slaving over a hot stove for an hour, having to check if it's done, heating up your house and you have an emergency dessert done in a pinch if something else doesn't turn out!

Why would it have to be one of their stoneware pans?? can't it be any microwaveable pan? Plastic bundt, Silicone??? Glass??? Just asking I don't really know for sure..
I don't know if they work in other types of pans...you could experiment...

Yes, I'd like these recipies too. Thank you so much. I'm with catlady, would other microwaveable dishes work? if not, I'll see if I can find a PC dealer.
does the size and power of Microwave matter?.
Mine is an 1100W, you can adjust by a +/- minute or so depending on the wattage of your microwave...

Thanks for the info Winewitch. I don't have the pan yet, but sure will get it. I have all sorts of PC and just love it.
The stoneware just cooks better then regular pans and I never been able to burn something in them either. I think it also keeps the moisture better then reg pans.

cakes.jpg

I'll try another scan, I'm sure the recipes will work in a regular pan in an oven, but the point is that you only have to cook for 13 minutes in the microwave. So, you aren't slaving over a hot stove for an hour, having to check if it's done, heating up your house and you have an emergency dessert done in a pinch if something else doesn't turn out!
I have lots of microwave baked goods recipes.
You can do muffins, brownies etc etc. The problem is that texture is different/ and no browning occurs. Maybe the stoneware which absorbs the waves helps compensate for that.
I used to teach Cooking with Microwaves way back in the mid 70's when they were the "rage" and we wanted people to ACTUALLY cook and bake with them:-(
Now they are nothing more than a glorified food reheater. Which I have to admit..is about the only thing I now use mine for.
One thing I do make in the microwave is meatloaf.

cakes.jpg

[h2]Here's another recipe for microwave cake[/h2][h2]INGREDIENTS [/h2]
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
[h2]DIRECTIONS[/h2]
  1. Mix the box of cake mix, eggs, pie filling and applesauce till moist. Use a microwave safe bundt pan or substitute a microwave safe bowl that has a microwave safe cup or cone placed in the middle of it (to mimic a bundt pan). Pour mixture into the bowl around the cup.
  2. Bake on high for 6 minutes 30 seconds, turn and bake for another 6 minutes 30 seconds on high. Remove from oven and cover bowl with a dish and let stand for 5 minutes (this finishes the cooking process).
  3. Turn cake over onto dish and remove cone (cup) for a delicious quick dessert. Good hot with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.

cakes.jpg

[h2]Here's another recipe for microwave cake[/h2][h2]INGREDIENTS [/h2]
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
[h2]DIRECTIONS[/h2]
  1. Mix the box of cake mix, eggs, pie filling and applesauce till moist. Use a microwave safe bundt pan or substitute a microwave safe bowl that has a microwave safe cup or cone placed in the middle of it (to mimic a bundt pan). Pour mixture into the bowl around the cup.
  2. Bake on high for 6 minutes 30 seconds, turn and bake for another 6 minutes 30 seconds on high. Remove from oven and cover bowl with a dish and let stand for 5 minutes (this finishes the cooking process).
  3. Turn cake over onto dish and remove cone (cup) for a delicious quick dessert. Good hot with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
That sounds pretty good! If I have a micro with the revolving tray I'm guessing I don't have to stop and start it, right? Or, is it better to run it for the 6 minutes, let it rest and then run it again? (Dopey questions, I know, but cooking is not my strong point.)

Back