Best Booking Day Ever?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muirford

Reaction score
The phone rang off the hook yesterday; we booked more than 25 room nights in one day. I think that might be a world record for us, except for event bookings. Dates ranging from tomorrow to July. After having March be a mediocre month occupancy-wise, things are looking a little brighter here.

Yay! That's wonderful. Congratulations!
cheers.gif

That's fantastic! Any way you can track this to anything you've done????

That's fantastic! Any way you can track this to anything you've done????.
I've been asking but it varies - some have been here before, a few are groups who found us through TA or online directories, including bandb.com, and some through Select Registry. At least one mentioned the article in the Washington Post from a few weeks ago.

J, are they coming from the typical location/region you get many guests from or are there more from furhter out of the area?
I think this is great!
We had the worst ever March and they are starting to roll in as well to our great relief. I would have a heart attack if I got 25 in one day. I did get two 6 night stays, so that was half of yours. :) For us that is huge. You know, as we are one-nighter-ville. We have been getting more 2 nighters tho.

That's incredible!!! You must be doing everything right! Congratulations!
cheers.gif

J, are they coming from the typical location/region you get many guests from or are there more from furhter out of the area?
I think this is great!
We had the worst ever March and they are starting to roll in as well to our great relief. I would have a heart attack if I got 25 in one day. I did get two 6 night stays, so that was half of yours. :) For us that is huge. You know, as we are one-nighter-ville. We have been getting more 2 nighters tho..
Hubs did 2 6-nighters a couple of weeks ago. THAT was a biggie! I think our record was 16 room nights, but it was a wedding, not just random bookings.

I think this is great!
We had the worst ever March and they are starting to roll in as well to our great relief. I would have a heart attack if I got 25 in one day. I did get two 6 night stays, so that was half of yours. :) For us that is huge. You know, as we are one-nighter-ville. We have been getting more 2 nighters tho..
Yeah, that was what I was wondering more - if people had lousy Marches but were seeing bookings come in now. Our bookings are from all the usual suspects - DC, Baltimore, PA. The one unusual one was from Manchester, England, but she and her friends are going to a cabin in Paw Paw, WV, so they are already familiar with the area. We are their 'night of luxury' before they head to the rusticness of the cabin.

I have 4 rooms in the B & B. I had a busy March. The busiest in three years with 48 rooms rented for the month. That is 52.75% occupancy. I have 102 rooms rented with advance reservation so far for the coming months.

Congrats Muriford I'm sure that the article in the Washington Post did alot of it since the Post is the main and most important paper in VA, DC and MD.....good for you!

A hearty congratulations. Have been hit & miss all day so apologize for not reading & sending this sooner. I think 2009 is going to be a very good year.
As of the end of March, I am up by 3 rooms over 2008.

That is great! One year in biz and people are really starting to find us. I hired a part-time housekeeper who is coming in a few days a week. It is a lifesaver & she is GREAT. We are #1 in our city on TripAdvisor and everyone is mentioning our reviews as a factor in booking here. Week of April 18th has no bookings yet though...
People are not booking that far ahead of time except those coming from across the country to these special events here. We just had a guest from Botswana!

Back