Best Breakfast you've ever been served?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
Just wondering about the best breakfast you've ever been served ... (not mom's or your own!)
i can't think of the best breakfast but there is a little place in town that serves THE best pancakes i've ever had. they are plate size (dinner plate) and always perfect. one is enough instead of a 'stack' because they are so big.

Rustic Country Inn near Sevierville that I don't think is open any more. Had a very fine restaurant on site where we ate dinner and the included breakfast the next morning. Just a bacon, onion and cheddar omelette with peppered bacon, cheesy hashbrowns and toast made with homemade bread. The proprietors came out and sat with us to talk innkeeping, (he with a white-ish t-shirt, dirty dirty jeans and suspenders with a white beard down to there...a very charming and novel fella). Not sure if the breakfast tasted so good because it was actually good, or because we were so glad to be waited on for a change! But even David was impressed, so I guess must have been stellar. Simple food done very well, outfit notwithstanding!
But the best part of the stay was sitting out on the creaky porch in rocking chairs listening to the sound of the cows lowing over the ridge in the evening. Easily pleased, aren't we?? :)

I am declining to reply since I've stayed with a few inn-mates on this forum.
angel_smile.gif

We have an innkeeping couple we're friends with and I always look forward to staying with them because she's a great cook. Doesn't matter what it is, we always come away thinking, 'Wish WE could serve that!' but we're just not that good.

Hands down...no competition
Bacon and eggs on a Coleman grill in the Sierra Nevada at 9900 feet camped next to a rushing river not far from the Tioga Pass.

Bacon, eggs and fried potatoes while camping in the mountains with my grandparents. Cook the bacon on the fire in a cast iron skillet and then cooke the potatoes in the bacon grease....OH YEAH!

Speaking of camping...I love this blog, book mark it or follow it, it's great!
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']This camper's got the right idea! Grilled pizzas! Honey-Mustard Kebabs!! http://ow.ly/2cojv[/FONT]

Hands down...no competition
Bacon and eggs on a Coleman grill in the Sierra Nevada at 9900 feet camped next to a rushing river not far from the Tioga Pass..
If you're talking camping breakfasts....
Camping in the Finger Lakes region of New York. Made friends with some other campers who just so happened to own a dairy farm. They had brought so much food they gave us some of their farm eggs and bacon. The best... cooked in the cast iron skillet! Served with breakfast biscuits made in a Dutch oven. Yum.... That was one of our absolute best vacations ever!

Best breakfast ever to me means most memorable. Just like those super meaty super fresh prawns I ate in Charleston two years ago...they were legendary!

Bacon, eggs and fried potatoes while camping in the mountains with my grandparents. Cook the bacon on the fire in a cast iron skillet and then cooke the potatoes in the bacon grease....OH YEAH!.
Rupert said:
Bacon, eggs and fried potatoes while camping in the mountains with my grandparents. Cook the bacon on the fire in a cast iron skillet and then cooke the potatoes in the bacon grease....OH YEAH!
Right on!!!
thumbs_up.gif

Anything someone else makes! My favorite breakfast memory is waking up to the smell of bacon cooking, coffee brewing, and the sound of laughter coming from our kitchen when all my brothers and sisters were home from college (all 8 of them!). We were just like the Walton's.

Bacon, eggs and fried potatoes while camping in the mountains with my grandparents. Cook the bacon on the fire in a cast iron skillet and then cooke the potatoes in the bacon grease....OH YEAH!.
Hey, I do that too when I'm camping! My family LOVES it!!!

Back