Quantcast

Best Breakfast

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
What would your breakfast menu be if it were your last breakfast you made as an innkeeper and it consisted of your guest's favorite dishes?
I was thinking of Ginocat and wondering what I would serve?!?!?1

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OK, well, Joey beat me to it, but I guess I would say 'blueberry pancakes with peppered bacon & warm maple syrup' would be what guests would want.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I am in do-not withdrawal....must - get - some - do - nots - sooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnn

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The egg bake with English muffin bread. I can make it in my sleep, guests love it, and I still like making it. (Just finished a pretzel - hot from the oven. Ummmmmm)

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Waffles with cherry syrup (the kind with cherry's in) I did part of my degree in america and they had them in the canteen there for breakfast or you could have them in a stack with maple syrup I miss them still!

JBloggs

Reaction score
Cambes I have never had cherry syrup, other than cough syrup. What is it like? I like wild cherry jam.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Cambes I have never had cherry syrup, other than cough syrup. What is it like? I like wild cherry jam..
I am not sure how to explain it is kind of like maple syrup but cherry flavoured with whole cherrys in it (they have had the stones taken out) I think you boil the cherrys with sugar in some way and it makes it runny and sticky and the cherrys soft. I think the university bought it in some kind of tin form (ie a can of cherry syrup) don't know if this helps.

Innkeeper To Go

Reaction score
Cambes I have never had cherry syrup, other than cough syrup. What is it like? I like wild cherry jam..
I am not sure how to explain it is kind of like maple syrup but cherry flavoured with whole cherrys in it (they have had the stones taken out) I think you boil the cherrys with sugar in some way and it makes it runny and sticky and the cherrys soft. I think the university bought it in some kind of tin form (ie a can of cherry syrup) don't know if this helps.
Here's a recipe I've used whenever I've had an abundance of fresh cherries. It's very very good.

Country Girl

Reaction score
Fresh fruit bowl followed by oatmeal scones and then fresh tomato-basil strata with home-fries and bacon. For me personally, I love belgium waffles with maple syrup in every nook (and on Christmas morning Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream
)

Proud Texan

Reaction score
OK, well, Joey beat me to it, but I guess I would say 'blueberry pancakes with peppered bacon & warm maple syrup' would be what guests would want..
Morticia said:
OK, well, Joey beat me to it, but I guess I would say 'blueberry pancakes with peppered bacon & warm maple syrup' would be what guests would want.
That's our signature breakfast.
We pick the blueberries ourselves. We melt in a mess of butter into the syrup before serving. It is OMG good.

Reaction score
Fresh fruit bowl followed by oatmeal scones and then fresh tomato-basil strata with home-fries and bacon. For me personally, I love belgium waffles with maple syrup in every nook (and on Christmas morning Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream
).
BEST BREAKFAST is breakfast in bed in maybe a foreign port or US resort with a great view from the balcony for tea/coffee after breakfast. You have to understand I just flipped a rental home and the last renters were bonified pigs, New renters move in today and I go back to my full time job & B&B to job rest...Mary in Bridgewater

Highlands John

Reaction score
Breakfast pancakes, stacked with sliced fresh strawberries and swimming in maple syrup.