Best Breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
What would your breakfast menu be if it were your last breakfast you made as an innkeeper and it consisted of your guest's favorite dishes?
I was thinking of Ginocat and wondering what I would serve?!?!?1

OK, well, Joey beat me to it, but I guess I would say 'blueberry pancakes with peppered bacon & warm maple syrup' would be what guests would want.

I am in do-not withdrawal....must - get - some - do - nots - sooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnn

The egg bake with English muffin bread. I can make it in my sleep, guests love it, and I still like making it. (Just finished a pretzel - hot from the oven. Ummmmmm)

Waffles with cherry syrup (the kind with cherry's in) I did part of my degree in america and they had them in the canteen there for breakfast or you could have them in a stack with maple syrup I miss them still!

Cambes I have never had cherry syrup, other than cough syrup. What is it like? I like wild cherry jam.

Cambes I have never had cherry syrup, other than cough syrup. What is it like? I like wild cherry jam..
I am not sure how to explain it is kind of like maple syrup but cherry flavoured with whole cherrys in it (they have had the stones taken out) I think you boil the cherrys with sugar in some way and it makes it runny and sticky and the cherrys soft. I think the university bought it in some kind of tin form (ie a can of cherry syrup) don't know if this helps.

Cambes I have never had cherry syrup, other than cough syrup. What is it like? I like wild cherry jam..
I am not sure how to explain it is kind of like maple syrup but cherry flavoured with whole cherrys in it (they have had the stones taken out) I think you boil the cherrys with sugar in some way and it makes it runny and sticky and the cherrys soft. I think the university bought it in some kind of tin form (ie a can of cherry syrup) don't know if this helps.
Here's a recipe I've used whenever I've had an abundance of fresh cherries. It's very very good.

Fresh fruit bowl followed by oatmeal scones and then fresh tomato-basil strata with home-fries and bacon. For me personally, I love belgium waffles with maple syrup in every nook (and on Christmas morning Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream
regular_smile.gif
)

OK, well, Joey beat me to it, but I guess I would say 'blueberry pancakes with peppered bacon & warm maple syrup' would be what guests would want..
Morticia said:
OK, well, Joey beat me to it, but I guess I would say 'blueberry pancakes with peppered bacon & warm maple syrup' would be what guests would want.
That's our signature breakfast.
emotion-30.gif
We pick the blueberries ourselves. We melt in a mess of butter into the syrup before serving. It is OMG good.

Fresh fruit bowl followed by oatmeal scones and then fresh tomato-basil strata with home-fries and bacon. For me personally, I love belgium waffles with maple syrup in every nook (and on Christmas morning Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream
regular_smile.gif
).
BEST BREAKFAST is breakfast in bed in maybe a foreign port or US resort with a great view from the balcony for tea/coffee after breakfast. You have to understand I just flipped a rental home and the last renters were bonified pigs, New renters move in today and I go back to my full time job & B&B to job rest...Mary in Bridgewater

Breakfast pancakes, stacked with sliced fresh strawberries and swimming in maple syrup.

Back