Best feature of THIS forum?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it is the friendships, the knowing that when I need a "poor baby" it will be there, commiseration when I am looking for Hefty bags, Tide, and cement, ideas about how to do things, recipe exchanges, sharing joys, but mostly the feeling that we are all in this together and have shoulders to cry on when we need it and someone to laugh with us when we have those times when you either laugh or cry and someone to hold our hand when we have sadness..... It is like a group of girlfriends (no offense guys you are part of it and do not have to go to Sweden first) who are there to just listen when you need someone to LISTEN!.
heart.gif
teeth_smile.gif
cheers.gif
wink_smile.gif
chef.gif
help.gif
confused_smile.gif
omg_smile.gif
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
angel_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif
angry_smile.gif

We all agree.

For me it is the friendships, the knowing that when I need a "poor baby" it will be there, commiseration when I am looking for Hefty bags, Tide, and cement, ideas about how to do things, recipe exchanges, sharing joys, but mostly the feeling that we are all in this together and have shoulders to cry on when we need it and someone to laugh with us when we have those times when you either laugh or cry and someone to hold our hand when we have sadness..... It is like a group of girlfriends (no offense guys you are part of it and do not have to go to Sweden first) who are there to just listen when you need someone to LISTEN!.
heart.gif
teeth_smile.gif
cheers.gif
wink_smile.gif
chef.gif
help.gif
confused_smile.gif
omg_smile.gif
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
angel_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif
angry_smile.gif

We all agree.
You said it best!

this forum is like having coworkers ~ when there are actually no coworkers around! i could come here and say 'can you believe this?' or 'how can i handle this?' or 'how should i approach this?'
and instead of feeling all alone (which i was), someone else would say 'buck up' or 'try this' or failing any advice ... just the reminder 'they come, they pay (they stay) they go away'
yes it's nice to trade recipes and cleaning solutions and website advice and marketing strategies, but it's also a blast to come in here and find out what is happening at another b&b. never a dull moment ...

this forum is like having coworkers ~ when there are actually no coworkers around! i could come here and say 'can you believe this?' or 'how can i handle this?' or 'how should i approach this?'
and instead of feeling all alone (which i was), someone else would say 'buck up' or 'try this' or failing any advice ... just the reminder 'they come, they pay (they stay) they go away'
yes it's nice to trade recipes and cleaning solutions and website advice and marketing strategies, but it's also a blast to come in here and find out what is happening at another b&b. never a dull moment ....
Oooh I like that as a tagline even better than the one currently in use.
"Innspiring.com ...where innkeepers become coworkers." I'm not sure as it would carry as much meaning by itself, but in the context of your post it really resonates with me. SS you never cease to amaze me with your spirit and wisdom.

Our B&B would not be as it is today without much guidance from people who have contributed to the about.com board then moved to this one. From the design of the baths to the amenites we provide to the sheets on the beds....all due to advice garnered here.
Thank you all.
KathleenM

yes it's nice to trade recipes and cleaning solutions and website advice and marketing strategies, but it's also a blast to come in here and find out what is happening at another b&b. never a dull moment ....
"Innspiring.com ...where innkeepers become coworkers." I'm not sure as it would carry as much meaning by itself, but in the context of your post it really resonates with me. SS you never cease to amaze me with your spirit and wisdom.
How about "Innspiring.com...the innsane asylum?" Sometimes this is the only thing that helps us walk that fine line.

How about "Innspiring.com...the innsane asylum?" Sometimes this is the only thing that helps us walk that fine line.
SweetiePie said:
You mean because we ALL need straightjackets? LOL

SweetiePie said:
Oh, shush, when I wear mine to bed, my back feels better in the morning.
tounge_smile.gif

SweetiePie said:
Oh, shush, when I wear mine to bed, my back feels better in the morning.
tounge_smile.gif

I don't know if Lizzie Borden's Place was a B&B back at the time of "the incident" as it is now; but we all know what happened there.

Our B&B would not be as it is today without much guidance from people who have contributed to the about.com board then moved to this one. From the design of the baths to the amenites we provide to the sheets on the beds....all due to advice garnered here.
Thank you all.
KathleenM.
I agree, KathleenM,
I found the forum at the beginning of my journey to turn my family home into a B&B. Now that I've been open for 18 months, so many of my guests tell me "you've thought of everything" when commenting about the rooms, and have been impressed with my breakfasts.
I tell them about the forum (in a very generic sense) and how you all held my hand through my zoning travails, talked me out of shared bathrooms, and shared your recipes. Sometimes I still have trouble believing that I'm really doing this and having such fun.
This forum is the next best thing to a water cooler or a cookout. I do hope to meet some of you someday!! Thanks Swirt
Jane

Best feature is fabulous, nitty gritty advice, and a fresh perspective, for a fabulous price!
=)
Kk.

Hmmm I'm getting the idea that we need a tagline that rotates every once in a while like Google swaps in different variations of the google logo :)

Best feature of this forum? Everyone on it. For the reasons you gave...suddenly seeing the other side of an issue, knowing you're not alone, people who understand how 'lonely' a hospitality job can be..
The very best thing would be if we all on here could have an innkeepers cookout with each other.
chef.gif

sandynn said:
The very best thing would be if we all on here could have an innkeepers cookout with each other.
chef.gif
No way, it would have to be catered or forget it. LOL
How would any of us do a cookout with only breakfast items? LOL LOL

Best feature of this forum? Everyone on it. For the reasons you gave...suddenly seeing the other side of an issue, knowing you're not alone, people who understand how 'lonely' a hospitality job can be..
chef.gif

sandynn said:
chef.gif
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
sandynn said:
chef.gif
And then, of course, who would clean up??!!
tounge_smile.gif

Back