Best feature of THIS forum?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
When you are offline...Boy don't let it happen again, this forum moves fast...just now catching up.
What has been the most helpful topics to you personally on this forum? Has it been a safe place to vent about PITA's that helps your well being? Has it been a place to hash over inn operations after your dander goes up and you think you had it all nailed and see a different way to do something that now suddenly makes sense? What is it for you? Comradery?

Best feature of this forum? Everyone on it. For the reasons you gave...suddenly seeing the other side of an issue, knowing you're not alone, people who understand how 'lonely' a hospitality job can be.

While some of the posts get me down, for the most part, I have realized how easy I have it!

The mutual support in every aspect, the inn emergency tips, the breakfast emergency tips, the sharing of great ideas that "innspire" us and sometimes the best feature of the forum is just the IGNORE button!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
Did I just say that?

While some of the posts get me down, for the most part, I have realized how easy I have it!.
"While some of the posts get me down, for the most part, I have realized how easy I have it!"
Well, there's value in that I hope. Anything some of us can do to make you feel even better about your charmed life is worth the effort.

The mutual support in every aspect, the inn emergency tips, the breakfast emergency tips, the sharing of great ideas that "innspire" us and sometimes the best feature of the forum is just the IGNORE button!
Did I just say that?.
"sometimes the best feature of the forum is just the IGNORE button!
Did I just say that?"
I couldn't tell I have everyone on IGNORE.... LOL

The "inn-mates", hands down are the best! I don't take any of the realistic, day-to-day stuff as negative at all. It is our real world, every single day. Stuff happens! And it's great to know that it happens to us all. Eggs flyin', dogs on the loose, guests that bring you birds to rescue to the breakfast table, burnt muffins, hugs and smiles, power outages...you name it and it happens to us all the time. Super to know that we're in this together.
Happy 4th and thanks, y'all!
regular_smile.gif

Don't be stealin' my lines.....
wink_smile.gif

Well, this is the first 4th we've had with zero guests in five years, so about 20 friends and neighbors are on the way for a big cook out.
Have a great and SAFE holiday.
cheers.gif

Joe Bloggs said:
When you are offline...Boy don't let it happen again, this forum moves fast...just now catching up.
What has been the most helpful topics to you personally on this forum? Has it been a safe place to vent about PITA's that helps your well being? Has it been a place to hash over inn operations after your dander goes up and you think you had it all nailed and see a different way to do something that now suddenly makes sense? What is it for you? Comradery?
All of the above and the comfort in knowing that the whole range of things that happen good, bad or otherwise to innkeepers isn't only happening to us.

You mean there are OTHER people on this forum? I thought I was just posting for my own amusement. They must all have ME on ignore.

wink_smile.gif

Well, this is the first 4th we've had with zero guests in five years, so about 20 friends and neighbors are on the way for a big cook out.
cheers.gif
I guess they all saved their gas money for this holiday to go to the lake because the neighborhood is empty today.

Joe Bloggs said:
All of the above and the comfort in knowing that the whole range of things that happen good, bad or otherwise to innkeepers isn't only happening to us..
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
Joe Bloggs said:
All of the above and the comfort in knowing that the whole range of things that happen good, bad or otherwise to innkeepers isn't only happening to us.
true dat.
I cannot believe it has never before a couple of weeks ago occured to me to find an innkeeper forum. I am glad you are all here :)

wink_smile.gif

cheers.gif
I guess they all saved their gas money for this holiday to go to the lake because the neighborhood is empty today.
SweetiePie said:
Just to show I'M not ignoring you
wink_smile.gif
we were almost empty until 20 minutes ago. Suddenly everyone is hitting town for the free concert and deciding to stay over. Voila! Full house. And some staying multiple nights.

Joe Bloggs said:
All of the above and the comfort in knowing that the whole range of things that happen good, bad or otherwise to innkeepers isn't only happening to us..
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
Joe Bloggs said:
true dat.
I cannot believe it has never before a couple of weeks ago occured to me to find an innkeeper forum. I am glad you are all here :)
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
Joe Bloggs said:
true dat.
Sometimes you find what you need just in time...

I am truly amazed at the diversity of B&B's and innkeepers on this site. I really feel like I've found a safe haven here. We may not all agree and that's what makes this so "innspiring". Different ideas, different view points, yet we are all in the hospitatlity business which means that we are all taking care of other's needs. Here, I think we get a chance to get our needs met too. Thanks to all!

For me it is the friendships, the knowing that when I need a "poor baby" it will be there, commiseration when I am looking for Hefty bags, Tide, and cement, ideas about how to do things, recipe exchanges, sharing joys, but mostly the feeling that we are all in this together and have shoulders to cry on when we need it and someone to laugh with us when we have those times when you either laugh or cry and someone to hold our hand when we have sadness..... It is like a group of girlfriends (no offense guys you are part of it and do not have to go to Sweden first) who are there to just listen when you need someone to LISTEN!

I'm just here for the laughs.
teeth_smile.gif

To use my new vocab word in a sentence: All of us inndentured need a place to hang out.

Most everything here is my favorite part. Friendship, a shoulder (or should I say a bunch of shoulders) to lean on, people to pray for you when you ask - and even when you don't, diverse ideas, making you see the 'other' side of an issue, good recipes, a smile, a laugh, explanations, relief knowing IT happens to all of us, and on and on I could go. Thanks y'all & Thanks To Swirt!!!!

Best feature of this forum? Everyone on it. For the reasons you gave...suddenly seeing the other side of an issue, knowing you're not alone, people who understand how 'lonely' a hospitality job can be..
The very best thing would be if we all on here could have an innkeepers cookout with each other.
chef.gif

This is a wonderful place. I would have been lost a few times with out everyone's help. I have learnt so much, and it amazed me when some people even noticed I was gone for a while.
I am so happy to be back :)

Back