Best "green" toilet paper, facial tissues options

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We consider ourselves a sustainable business that tries to implement green initiatives within our business wherever we can. We just received a guest comment that they thought our bath products (toilet paper and facial tissues) are "entry level" and we should upgrade our quality on those items. Actually we use Seventh Generation and it costs us more. Does anyone know of any better green products out there that are softer and fluffier?

Sorry but when I read green toilet paper I thought perhaps a little less spinach in their diet.
cry_smile.gif

Then being even more facetious - let them use leaves if you want to be green.

We've used Seventh Generation products too. Our issue became one more of what is septic tank safe over saving the planet.

it is too bad that guests don't realize the expense of some of the products.
i went with single ply rapid dissolve from scott for our septic. guests seemed ok with it. i don't know how green it is, but they objected to seventh generation, said it was scratchy. there is a green hospitality website, maybe they can advise .......

We had redone our full baths 3 and 6 years ago....Both with the comfort height and water efficient what ever toilets......half bath only got a standard more economical toilet.
Once we went to these toilets......can only use single ply....2 ply was nothing but blockage problems.
I realy do like the comfort height

We also use Scot for the septic safety and have had a few complaints that it was single ply, but for the most part it's never mentioned.

We also use Scot for the septic safety and have had a few complaints that it was single ply, but for the most part it's never mentioned..
We are on a well and septic and have never done anything differently in the 6 years we were open and still don't. We did however, pump our septic tank once a year, so maybe that is why we never had any problems.

mountaininnkeeper said:
We consider ourselves a sustainable business that tries to implement green initiatives within our business wherever we can. We just received a guest comment that they thought our bath products (toilet paper and facial tissues) are "entry level" and we should upgrade our quality on those items. Actually we use Seventh Generation and it costs us more. Does anyone know of any better green products out there that are softer and fluffier?
I have implemented green to a point. I unfortunately have found Scott naturals recycled paper towels an inferior product.
They claim they contains 60 % recycled product.
I claim that 60% includes fish byproducts because that is exactly what they smell like when they get wet.

We also use Scot for the septic safety and have had a few complaints that it was single ply, but for the most part it's never mentioned..
We are on a well and septic and have never done anything differently in the 6 years we were open and still don't. We did however, pump our septic tank once a year, so maybe that is why we never had any problems.
catlady said:
I buy at Sam's club a TP that states "septic safe" - I can't recall the name - could be "Members Mark". We have never had problems and pump every year. On our new septic when we expand we'll put in the traps too.
RIki

We use the Costco Kirkland brand of TP which is septic safe. It's 2 ply and quite soft.

Back