Best laid plans...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Day one of the New Year and I have already been sideswiped by guests needs/wants/whims.
Yeah who said smoked coho and crab are not breakfast foods?
My brunch was served at 9am, the guests are enjoying it now. They all wanted it earlier. But most of the items are not typical breakfast foods! So I was up at 6am getting it all ready - no one in the room above the kitchen fortunately.
Every year my NY's brunch seems to go awry from the original plans, but I have to remind myself that is why they are called PLANS, they can change!
Happy New Year Everyone! Hope you can go with the flow, roll with the punches and enjoy this new opportunity to make this year anything you want it to be!

MY plans didn't involve me being up at 3 AM wathcing Marx Bros' movies, but there you go.

MY plans didn't involve me being up at 3 AM wathcing Marx Bros' movies, but there you go..
My downfall was the Twilight Zone marathon!
Breakfast Diva said:
I have a couple of favorites that have stuck with me for a very long time!
-The woman who has surgery to give her eyesight and she removes the bandages herself in the middle of a solar eclipse!
-The guy who just wants to sit down and read. He's the only person left after some holocaust and he's walking up the stairs to the library when he trips and falls and breaks his very thick glasses.
-The little toy soldiers with miniature bazookas that come to life.
- The woman who is attacked in the street whose husband drives her around until she points out the guy who did it and her husband gets out of the car and kills the guy. They're driving home after the murder and the wife says, 'There he is, that's him.' And you realize she's in shock and just pointing to any guy she sees.

MY plans didn't involve me being up at 3 AM wathcing Marx Bros' movies, but there you go..
Breakfast Diva said:
I have a couple of favorites that have stuck with me for a very long time!
-The woman who has surgery to give her eyesight and she removes the bandages herself in the middle of a solar eclipse!
-The guy who just wants to sit down and read. He's the only person left after some holocaust and he's walking up the stairs to the library when he trips and falls and breaks his very thick glasses.
-The little toy soldiers with miniature bazookas that come to life.
- The woman who is attacked in the street whose husband drives her around until she points out the guy who did it and her husband gets out of the car and kills the guy. They're driving home after the murder and the wife says, 'There he is, that's him.' And you realize she's in shock and just pointing to any guy she sees.
My favorite is the Alfred Hitchcock where the police are gathering evidence because a man has been murdered and his wife's in the kitchen - all upset of course - and asking the cops if they would like some leg of lamb she had cooked today..... Husband was killed with blunt instrument..... heh-heh-heh

Back