"Best of" awards on Bedandbreakfast.com for 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I have never heard of the best B&B which is the one in Orange just 40 minutes north of here.
RIki

Interesting. I have never heard of the best B&B which is the one in Orange just 40 minutes north of here.
RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
R, I thought the exact same thing, I clicked on their listing and said "HUH? WHO? WHAT?"

RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
R, I thought the exact same thing, I clicked on their listing and said "HUH? WHO? WHAT?"
I believe that is the inn who "borrowed" their web site design from Scott C who posted about it here a long while ago.

I think DH is right that we'll need to up our rates when we open the wing. A lot of what this inn offers in packages comes with our room. That's why we get so many honeymoon and anniversary bookings. This makes it easier for us as we don't have to offer a zillion packages and keep them straight. Our rooms come with a bottle of sparkling wine. Comes with local artisan chocolate and port turndown. Come with fresh flowers.
RIki

so are all these 'best' ... those that offer the b b . com gift certificates and participate in their promotions?
i'm sure they are lovely places, just askin'

so are all these 'best' ... those that offer the b b . com gift certificates and participate in their promotions?
i'm sure they are lovely places, just askin'

i'm sure they are lovely places, just askin'.
I think it said ballots cast by 2000 guests. That isn't very many to decide who is the BEST inn when you consider how many people stay in B & B's. Yes they have 314 top ratings and yes they may be good...but certainly can't be the BEST in the country ????? This is another B and b . com gimmick I think.

I think it said ballots cast by 2000 guests. That isn't very many to decide who is the BEST inn when you consider how many people stay in B & B's. Yes they have 314 top ratings and yes they may be good...but certainly can't be the BEST in the country ????? This is another B and b . com gimmick I think.
catlady said:
I guess the reason Riki and I were awestruck is this is voted the best B&B in the country and we have never heard of it, and it is in our own state. Surely there would be some sort of buzz about it, I mean I do post these blasted inn the news all the time, has it been in there yet? Nope. I think THAT is why we find this so humorous. The last time I asked this question I was called a shark and told to rack off by an innkeeper (now ex innkeeper) in Georgia. I just wanted to know how a small inn could get so many reviews on BandB.com.
Who was it that wanted to know how to get a bunch of awards to plaster all over the place? A new inn to this forum.

Well, I didn't make it this year... I made it last year.

I don't even remember hearing that the voting was taking place. I must have missed it..

egoodell said:
Normal.dotm
Same to 'ya!
wink_smile.gif

Best in the country??? No, best among the 2000 guests that voted and of the B&B's on B and B. com but not the best in the country, I don't even know how someone could even make a fair vote on that.
This is no different than the cell phone commericals that claim they have the fewest dropped calls. Our son learned in an Univ. marketing class that this claim was based on one small town in one state in the N.E. so it is true how they state it - we all 'read' into it that is means everywhere.

I don't even remember hearing that the voting was taking place. I must have missed it..

I did this by mistake and can't get it off - sorry!
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
If it will still let you edit the post, click Edit then the "Switch to plain text editor" link under the message. That will let you see all the "invisible" code that you can then delete.

Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
If it will still let you edit the post, click Edit then the "Switch to plain text editor" link under the message. That will let you see all the "invisible" code that you can then delete.
Arkansawyer said:
egoodell said:
Riki
Thank you! But when I go to the post, it does not show the option to edit anymore unless I'm blind which is usually the case. I only see "quote" and "reply"...
Riki

Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
Arkansawyer said:
egoodell said:
Riki
Thank you! But when I go to the post, it does not show the option to edit anymore unless I'm blind which is usually the case. I only see "quote" and "reply"...
Riki
egoodell said:
But when I go to the post, it does not show the option to edit anymore unless I'm blind which is usually the case. I only see "quote" and "reply"...
Riki
Yes, I noticed this the other day, when, a few hours after posting something, I saw a typo in what I wrote and tried to correct it. The Edit function disappears after an hour or two. Don't know if it has always been that way, or if Swirt is now cracking down on people changing their posts! So proofread carefully. The clock is ticking!

Chestnut Hill was at the Mid-Atlantic Conference at the Homestead last year. I saw her check in as I had just finished checking in. I sent her" Congratulation on your new B&B" message when they first opened ( 4 yrs ago ?) . They must be hoppen busy.

Back