Best of BedandBreakfast.com Awards 2009-2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bi g Mi ll made it. I go there in Jan.
cheers.gif

I saw that other place in GA made it again, the one that got defensive and told us all to take a hike when we asked how you can get 182 reviews? With currently only 15 on Trip Advisor (many of them within 12 mo's of today)?
So we go back to - is it the greatest place since sliced cheese or is it a set up to win the award? Do they receive a discount if they review on BandB.com? Surely they receive something - even the guests who adore our places forget to review even when they have all intention of doing so.
Sorry but when people twist the system like this it bugs me.

cheers.gif

I saw that other place in GA made it again, the one that got defensive and told us all to take a hike when we asked how you can get 182 reviews? With currently only 15 on Trip Advisor (many of them within 12 mo's of today)?
So we go back to - is it the greatest place since sliced cheese or is it a set up to win the award? Do they receive a discount if they review on BandB.com? Surely they receive something - even the guests who adore our places forget to review even when they have all intention of doing so.
Sorry but when people twist the system like this it bugs me..
And don't forget whose "giving" the awards in the first place. What are the criteria? What are the percentage of "winners" who participate in the GC program, etc? I looked for the criteria but couldn't find it.

cheers.gif

Sorry but when people twist the system like this it bugs me..
All of these awards bother me. They just give them out. Have no idea what the criteria is. People plaster them all over their web sites...who cares???? What does it really mean in the scheme of things???

someone in my region just got one of these awards. Isn't it interesting that it's the same place that has only been in business for a couple of years but has almost 90 TA reviews and over 50 bb.com reviews? Oh nooooo, no manipulation there!

someone in my region just got one of these awards. Isn't it interesting that it's the same place that has only been in business for a couple of years but has almost 90 TA reviews and over 50 bb.com reviews? Oh nooooo, no manipulation there!.
Don't assume that because someone has a lot of reviews that any manipulation is happening. They might be asking for reviews, but not manipulating them...there is a difference.

someone in my region just got one of these awards. Isn't it interesting that it's the same place that has only been in business for a couple of years but has almost 90 TA reviews and over 50 bb.com reviews? Oh nooooo, no manipulation there!.
Don't assume that because someone has a lot of reviews that any manipulation is happening. They might be asking for reviews, but not manipulating them...there is a difference.
I'm definitely not saying they are made up. But you know how difficult it is to get people to do an online review, even if they swoon over your place and swear they will go and write one. But they are getting approximately 4 reviews per month on TA alone and have an annual occupancy probably in the low 30s, something is up.

I'm definitely not saying they are made up. But you know how difficult it is to get people to do an online review, even if they swoon over your place and swear they will go and write one. But they are getting approximately 4 reviews per month on TA alone and have an annual occupancy probably in the low 30s, something is up.
My friends have almost 400 reviews and they NEVER ask anyone to post a review. It amazes me how quickly people post a review after a stay with them. I believe it is because these are the people who found their inn on TA and because of the great reviews, booked with them. And then in turn are now posting their great reviews. They had one gal stay with them who has 473 contributions to TA...now that is a die hard traveler!
They are doing it at B & B. com as well....but..they didn't win an award this year..they did last year.
BanB.com say the awards are both qualitative and quantitative...whatever....I'd still like to know more details on their selection process.

We received an award from both Yankee Magazine and B & B.com last year, both totally unexpected. We were (and still are!) pretty proud and excited. We work really hard for our guests and it was nice being recognized for that.

Back