Best room in the house

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Guests with the best room - fireplace, lots of windows, nice sitting area are where? Yes, sitting in the living room with the TV on. Thus preventing anyone else from enjoying the space. I keep meaning to remove this TV. Will probably do it over the winter.

I am in the process of moving His Royal Highness's TV into the Library from the stidio. It is a 50-inch flat screen. Hoping someone will book New Year's Eve andam offering a late checkout - watch the Rose Parade & the football game on the big screen. The cable company came today to switch the service from the studio to the Library. The cable guy told me the cable was live which made life easier. He said it is under my siding so he would have had to run new cable (another hole in the floor) but he just had to add an extension onto what was already there so it will reach where I want to put the TV. (He sid since I do not have a "box", there is no way for them to turn it off. I can put another TV in the studio if I want.

I am in the process of moving His Royal Highness's TV into the Library from the stidio. It is a 50-inch flat screen. Hoping someone will book New Year's Eve andam offering a late checkout - watch the Rose Parade & the football game on the big screen. The cable company came today to switch the service from the studio to the Library. The cable guy told me the cable was live which made life easier. He said it is under my siding so he would have had to run new cable (another hole in the floor) but he just had to add an extension onto what was already there so it will reach where I want to put the TV. (He sid since I do not have a "box", there is no way for them to turn it off. I can put another TV in the studio if I want..
gillumhouse said:
The cable company came today to switch the service...
I can sense that cable is going the way of the landline phone. Younger people are abandoning the expense and just going with what they can get for low or no price over an internet connection.
You still have to pay for an internet connection, and that's often through the cable company, but many pay for just that, without adding TV cable or phone to the package.
Personally, I notice I'm watching more and more through my inexpensive Netflix and Amazon Prime memberships, and less network TV. In a few years I'm sure I'll be dropping traditional cable TV.
All this to say that, fairly soon, having to move cable connections will be a thing of the past. Everything will go wirelessly over wi-fi. And with the coming of Starlink (a set of satellites providing wireless internet world wide) you wont' even have to run a wire to a house to give them internet. It will come from "the ether"!

I am in the process of moving His Royal Highness's TV into the Library from the stidio. It is a 50-inch flat screen. Hoping someone will book New Year's Eve andam offering a late checkout - watch the Rose Parade & the football game on the big screen. The cable company came today to switch the service from the studio to the Library. The cable guy told me the cable was live which made life easier. He said it is under my siding so he would have had to run new cable (another hole in the floor) but he just had to add an extension onto what was already there so it will reach where I want to put the TV. (He sid since I do not have a "box", there is no way for them to turn it off. I can put another TV in the studio if I want..
Sounds good, Gillum.
I have internet in my new digs but didn’t bother with cable. I still need to be rewired as apparently whatever connects me is ‘ancient’ and likely to fail soon. As long as they’re not charging me for that, ok. I’m especially enjoying the free version of pandora online to listen to music and I pick up movies and shows I like on amazon prime video and some on YouTube. I don’t mind seeing things later than live and I watched the thanksgiving day parade live online ... without constant jabber as on tv. I just need to get a little Bluetooth speaker so I can listen to music wherever.

Back