Best Sheets?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktuskey

Reaction score
Hi All,
Can you tell me the best source for GOOD sheets and towels? I use Turkish Towels which are great, but have a variety of sheets. I didn't know if there was a single source that Innkeepers go to for the best sheets at a wholesale price.
Just wondering.
Thanks...

I buy my sheets from JCPenné and Targé, but I have also purchased from Lands Énd. I look for sheets that are 250 to 400 thread count (never more, never less) that have wrinkle-resistant treatment and are cotton. At Targé that's Threshold 400 thread count. At Penné that's Studio 360 or RV 400.

I buy my sheets from JCPenné and Targé, but I have also purchased from Lands Énd. I look for sheets that are 250 to 400 thread count (never more, never less) that have wrinkle-resistant treatment and are cotton. At Targé that's Threshold 400 thread count. At Penné that's Studio 360 or RV 400..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Threshold 400 thread count.
That's what we use. They hold up well, though the "wrinkle-resistant" quality leaves something to be desired. If you get any color other than white, oily stains and acne medicine bleaching will cause problems.
What ever you go with, a plus would be if you could buy separates as replacements so you don't have to spring for a complete set in case one sheet is ruined.

I buy my sheets from JCPenné and Targé, but I have also purchased from Lands Énd. I look for sheets that are 250 to 400 thread count (never more, never less) that have wrinkle-resistant treatment and are cotton. At Targé that's Threshold 400 thread count. At Penné that's Studio 360 or RV 400..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
That's what we use. They hold up well, though the "wrinkle-resistant" quality leaves something to be desired. If you get any color other than white, oily stains and acne medicine bleaching will cause problems.
What ever you go with, a plus would be if you could buy separates as replacements so you don't have to spring for a complete set in case one sheet is ruined.
And oily stains on anything other than all-cotton will be very difficult to remove. I tried percale for the vacation rental, but oily stains on percale are very difficult to remove, and difficult to see that you haven't done it completely until they're out of the dryer - still stained. sigh.

Ahhh, the holy grail of good, cotton, wrinkle-free sheets. Still looking. Most recent purchase - Sears Country Home. Pretty good, 400 tc, not as soft as Penne', but so far holding up better without the pinholes. Also a bit more wrinkle resistant. There have been a couple of times I actually could just put them on the beds out of the dryer. Usually have to at least iron the pillow cases though.

Ahhh, the holy grail of good, cotton, wrinkle-free sheets. Still looking. Most recent purchase - Sears Country Home. Pretty good, 400 tc, not as soft as Penne', but so far holding up better without the pinholes. Also a bit more wrinkle resistant. There have been a couple of times I actually could just put them on the beds out of the dryer. Usually have to at least iron the pillow cases though..
Had not thought of Sears. Will take a look.
What I have found? Running the wash with vinegar in the fabric softener slot. Sheets are coming out less wrinkled.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
And oily stains on anything other than all-cotton will be very difficult to remove. I tried percale for the vacation rental, but oily stains on percale are very difficult to remove, and difficult to see that you haven't done it completely until they're out of the dryer - still stained. sigh.
Shout for greasy stains, it's a foam, says specifically for grease on the aerosol can. Works even after the dryer.

I buy Egyptian cotton (the best choice, in my opinion) or Supima (Pima) cotton. No sateen. The last sets I bought were from Macy's.
I don't worry about the wrinkle factor. I put the sheets on the bed right out of the dryer when they are still just ever so slightly damp and use my hand to smooth out the wrinkles, but don't tuck anything in yet (just lay the pillow cases on the bed flat, and smooth them out, too). They finish drying in a few minutes, nice and crisp and wrinkle free. Then, I finish making the bed. Beats the crap out of ironing, and it would take me longer to iron stuff than it does to do it the way I do it.

ktuskey said:
Hi All,
Can you tell me the best source for GOOD sheets and towels? I use Turkish Towels which are great, but have a variety of sheets. I didn't know if there was a single source that Innkeepers go to for the best sheets at a wholesale price.
Just wondering.
Thanks...
I use and like Comphy. (out of WA).

Ahhh, the holy grail of good, cotton, wrinkle-free sheets. Still looking. Most recent purchase - Sears Country Home. Pretty good, 400 tc, not as soft as Penne', but so far holding up better without the pinholes. Also a bit more wrinkle resistant. There have been a couple of times I actually could just put them on the beds out of the dryer. Usually have to at least iron the pillow cases though..
Cotton sheets, hung on the line to dry....they come out like you ironed them! And they smell heavenly!

Cotton sheets, hung on the line to dry....they come out like you ironed them! And they smell heavenly!
Silverspoon said:
Ditto - I use Egyptian cotton

We are thinking about going the Comphy route. I have a set that I am trying now. Not the softest sheets I have ever been in but they do feel like very nice clean hotel sheets. What had been your guests response?
Thank you
James

Back