BETA - Street View

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulavery

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
We try to roll out new features/developments on P&P - here is the latest one (in beta):
http://www.pillowsandpancakes.com/sv.html#map
fixed
Click anywhere on the map that has a blue line (except for the pin) - below the map a street view should pop up. The street view can be moved around.
You should see something like this:
sv_0.jpg

Would love to get some feedback.
TIA
Paul

Paul I just broke that link. (not to be malicious) There was something wrong with that page. There is a little frame off to the left that showed the email address and login information for that account.
whattha.gif

You can repair that link or post an addendum when the problem is fixed.

Paul I just broke that link. (not to be malicious) There was something wrong with that page. There is a little frame off to the left that showed the email address and login information for that account.
whattha.gif

You can repair that link or post an addendum when the problem is fixed..
Appologies if it is just a test page and you wanted that account info to show so people could demo the back end. I figure better safe than sorry.
embaressed_smile.gif

Nice job and nice feature. Just a couple of suggestions:
  1. You might want to add a wee bit of direction text just above or below the map that says something like "If a street has a blue outline, then street view is available so click on it to see the view from the street."
  2. Collapse the empty space that the street view takes up so if there is no street view available (or nobody has clicked on the street) that empty block won't just sit there.
  3. I've seen where in Google directly there is a litle person marker that shows on the map, with a viewer bubble and the marker indicates where the person is and which way it is facing. That would be a nice feature because it is easy to completely have no concept of where you think you are looking. Using this method would also eliminate the need for #2 above. (I imagine this feature is available through the map API, but it may also be that Google keeps this feature for itself.)

Hi Swirt,
Thank you for the suggestions.
I too find it disorientating not to have a reference point on the map.
We'd like the view to pop-up as a call out.
Thanks for the advise about the direction.
Paul

Hey this is cool. swirt of course is the "geek" who can make some helpful suggestions..but I find this fun. Could be a very useful tool. Thanks for sharing

Back