Between the Blankets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just happend to us two weeks ago with a couple from Korea. They never slept between the sheets, just on top of the blanket and under the comforter. Maybe it's a cultural thing. I have noticed that when we stay at hotels now they never have a blanket, just sheets and a comforter.

This just happend to us two weeks ago with a couple from Korea. They never slept between the sheets, just on top of the blanket and under the comforter. Maybe it's a cultural thing. I have noticed that when we stay at hotels now they never have a blanket, just sheets and a comforter..
Just did half of my turndowns. In one room the guy had pulled the comforter back and had been lying on the blanket. I figured it was because he still had his clothes on.

We get this a lot and it annoys the heck out of me. Instead of just the sheets, I now have to strip the entire bed and wash everything. It's mostly kids. And I mean kids, as in under 16. Altho, the college crowd does the same thing.
It happens more frequently once I put the duvets out for the winter. Then they just lie down on the quilt and pull the duvet up. And, I've heard the same thing, 'We didn't sleep on the sheets, saved you some laundry!' Some day I will let on that it is no savings to me.

Happens here now and then. Makes me crazy especially when I think that the sheets we use from a rental agency are the same that they get at ALL the other hotels/motels because we all rent from the same place, including the two luxury resorts in the area. So, I am piffed when guests sleep between the blankets or even worse, when they bring stuff like foam to lay on top of my gorgeous comforters because they don't think my bedding may be good enough for them
And what do they think we're going to do, just fluff the sheets and offer the room to the next guest? I have news for you, grrrrr....
Oh boy, today it seems I have answered with lots of peeves. I think we all had a really long season. I am closing the doors on November 11. And then I will not look at those cottages until mid April :)

Back