Bfast.com commission ?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
This came up in September as node/18993 but with 54 posts there, I wanted to start a new thread. Our BB.com renewal comes up in June (so we could ignore this issue then:). What are people's experiences?
We use Resnexus for booking. To keep bb.com and our reviews, we would need to sign up with myallocator. Seems like a lot of additional effort/expense. Does anyone here use Resovation, that seems to be free with new bb.com business model?
As it stands, our bookings have fallen way off. Not killing us, but it seems that we are not reaching enough potential customers anymore. Our offering and pricing doesn't seem to line up with local listings on Air, so not sure that is an alternate route.

Tom,

You could take a look at beds24.com and their built-in channel manager which talks to just about every OTA out there. I found it very reasonable priced and am moving to it from reservation key.

We are priced higher than local listing on AirBNB but we differentiate ourselves and offer things you can't find on Air. Also, I am likely going to work on mostly stopping the Air abuses in our State. I'm considering getting some new State laws put into place.

There are a lot of things you can do. For example, your county assessor will classify (tax) a property based on how it is used. Just report every AirBNB listing to the assessor and demand they investigate the listing. Most cities, towns and counties require a conditional use permit for anything like a B&B so you can turn the listings into your county zoning, as well.

I dropped them years ago as being too expensive for 3 rooms. The ROI was not thre for me to pay the same as 10 or more rooms. There was absolutely NO difference in my occupancy after dropping them. They sent me so little budsiness - if any.

Is nobody here on BB.com ?.
I still am. I get a few GC from them. Usually people book WELL in advance because they never find someone who accepts them at the last minute.

We are using them but mainly to be on Exp e dia et al.

I tried using Rezo while I kept Res Key just in case. Rezo is very outdated, even the new version. IMHO!

If you want to give it a go (with or without the OTA) I suggest trying it by using bfast's availability system to see if it is worth investing on my allocator. But you must be very quick to keep it updated this way.

I only list 2 generic rooms 'standard Qn' 'Jr Suite' on the site but that is due to me listing with the OTAs as well as bfast.

Tom,

You could take a look at beds24.com and their built-in channel manager which talks to just about every OTA out there. I found it very reasonable priced and am moving to it from reservation key.

We are priced higher than local listing on AirBNB but we differentiate ourselves and offer things you can't find on Air. Also, I am likely going to work on mostly stopping the Air abuses in our State. I'm considering getting some new State laws put into place.

There are a lot of things you can do. For example, your county assessor will classify (tax) a property based on how it is used. Just report every AirBNB listing to the assessor and demand they investigate the listing. Most cities, towns and counties require a conditional use permit for anything like a B&B so you can turn the listings into your county zoning, as well..
Did beds24 work out as hoped? {I tried to send an email to you through innspiring, but I don't think it made it.}
Anyone else using beds24? Rezovation?

Tom,

There are a lot of things you can do. For example, your county assessor will classify (tax) a property based on how it is used. Just report every AirBNB listing to the assessor and demand they investigate the listing. Most cities, towns and counties require a conditional use permit for anything like a B&B so you can turn the listings into your county zoning, as well..
Did beds24 work out as hoped? {I tried to send an email to you through innspiring, but I don't think it made it.}
Anyone else using beds24? Rezovation?
We love reservationkey, we hate myallocator, so we will consider moving to beds24 just to get rid of myallocator if it gets good reviews here. The online reviews say its great if you are technically minded and have a lot of time to work on it.

Back