Big cars, small spaces, look out!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just had 1 room check-in. We are full tonight and, in spite of high gas prices, etc, everyone is driving an SUV. The parking spaces will handle that as long as you 'park' and don't just run in and straddle 2 spots.
So, at check-in, even tho the car was technically 'in' the space, I asked if they could straighten is out a little so they didn't get hit when the next car pulled in. (Another SUV, I can almost guarantee.) It's a tight turn where they parked, hubs car directly behind, my car to the side, the other guest's car alongside, but they took it wrong.
You would have thought I was asking them to pick the car up bodily and move it. They all had to look ( 5 of them) and then look back at me before they said, 'We're taking it out to dinner.'
OK, help me out here. I asked where they are going for dinner and it's not even 1/8 mile away. They won't even find parking closer to the restaurant than here. And complain about the stairs...

I've given up trying to figure out people and their parking. Pretty much if I don't make it completely inaccessable, they will park on it. I've put up signs, lights, painted markers and rope, and I still can't predict where they will park...other than to say they won't park where they are supposed to.
And yes the overgrown SUV / Truck thing has gotten pretty out of hand. Apparently gas has to go to $7 a gallon before people will seriously re-concider what they are driving and why.

I've given up trying to figure out people and their parking. Pretty much if I don't make it completely inaccessable, they will park on it. I've put up signs, lights, painted markers and rope, and I still can't predict where they will park...other than to say they won't park where they are supposed to.
And yes the overgrown SUV / Truck thing has gotten pretty out of hand. Apparently gas has to go to $7 a gallon before people will seriously re-concider what they are driving and why..
swirt said:
And yes the overgrown SUV / Truck thing has gotten pretty out of hand. Apparently gas has to go to $7 a gallon before people will seriously re-concider what they are driving and why.
6 kids and 2 adults will not fit in a Beetle. Neither will 10 boxes of brochures (or Directories).

And yes the overgrown SUV / Truck thing has gotten pretty out of hand. Apparently gas has to go to $7 a gallon before people will seriously re-concider what they are driving and why..
swirt said:
6 kids and 2 adults will not fit in a Beetle. Neither will 10 boxes of brochures (or Directories).
LOL Tell that to the DINKS we have here now who have an Escalade from Florida The thing is bigger than my first appartment. It's a good thing it has 4wd for all that Florida snow.
tounge_smile.gif

We drive an Explorer and F150, 6 cylinders, both. We use more gas than I'd like. Hubby refuses to sell a paid for car. I fell in love with a Honda Civic I drove in Germany last year. Considering buying a scooter, but don't really want to drive one down an interstate, going to work at midnight, especially crossing a bridge.

We drive an Explorer and F150, 6 cylinders, both. We use more gas than I'd like. Hubby refuses to sell a paid for car. I fell in love with a Honda Civic I drove in Germany last year. Considering buying a scooter, but don't really want to drive one down an interstate, going to work at midnight, especially crossing a bridge.
If the floor of that bridge is a grid you definitely do not want to ride a scooter across it - at any hour! I still miss my motorcycle and managed to never have to ride across a "grid" bridge. When I came home to WV for visits I knew which bridges to avoid - and did!

If the floor of that bridge is a grid you definitely do not want to ride a scooter across it - at any hour! I still miss my motorcycle and managed to never have to ride across a "grid" bridge. When I came home to WV for visits I knew which bridges to avoid - and did!
No grid, just dark and late with fast moving traffic.

No grid, just dark and late with fast moving traffic.
And who knows how many bars they have visited in the evening.... I also preferred riding when I could see. I had a guest last week who has a Silverwing and she loves it. Maybe next year if this year keeps up the pace it has since April...

Back