Big Chain Wants to Participate

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Well it is not enough that the big chain hotels use the phrase bed & breakfast experience, package, etc. I just had an e-mail for participation from Ho li day I at S i x Fl a gs in MO wanting to be part of OUR promo!! Now a second express of the same chain has e-mailed to participate..
They want to be us!!!

NO NO.......let them do their own thing and publicity...get out of here BIg Guys
smileystooges.gif
This is ONLY for B & B's
I notice the list is quite impressive. VA has grown..YEAH...and almost all are full YEAH!

NO NO.......let them do their own thing and publicity...get out of here BIg Guys
smileystooges.gif
This is ONLY for B & B's
I notice the list is quite impressive. VA has grown..YEAH...and almost all are full YEAH!.
I concur. They're (the big chain hotels) already trying to be like us with their 'Bed & Breakfast' specials. (Anyone get the Homestead e-mails???) This is for US! Thank you, Kathleen for spearheading and being willing to share. Let the big chains go elsewhere and find their own ideas.
omg_smile.gif

smileystooges.gif
This is ONLY for B & B's
I notice the list is quite impressive. VA has grown..YEAH...and almost all are full YEAH!.
I concur. They're (the big chain hotels) already trying to be like us with their 'Bed & Breakfast' specials. (Anyone get the Homestead e-mails???) This is for US! Thank you, Kathleen for spearheading and being willing to share. Let the big chains go elsewhere and find their own ideas.
omg_smile.gif

Yeah, I think I've seen "B&B pkgs" at one of the big chain places - found it humerous, but annoying! Either you are a hotel or a B&B - you can't be both!

smileystooges.gif
This is ONLY for B & B's
omg_smile.gif

It also doesn't help that bb.com allows many boutique hotels to be members of their directory. They get to double dip.

Can they use the same thing? Should you trademark this thing? NO, you all big guys have enough $$$ to do something else at another time-maybe memorial day?! They make me so mad...stick to your guns K-and don't let them have the same thing-they are always trying to be what they can't- A B & B.

If they are giving back to the Vets why not? I thought that was the premise?

No, they don't want to be B&Bs....they just want the positive press! Lodging rooms are down all over.

If they are giving back to the Vets why not? I thought that was the premise?.
I do not care if they do it... In fact it would be loverly as Eliza said. However, not on the B & Bs F or V ets site.
This had 2 prongs. #1 to give a thank you to the Vets. But #2 was in the process of getting the publicity out to the Ve ter ans, raise awareness to the bed & breakfast industry. To make it so never thought of it was never again the answer to why not a B & B. I am selfish enough to want that "warm & Fuzzie" for B & Bs, not hotels.
Hotels copy us in many ways citing the "experience" etc, let them copy us with this. As long as it stands out as a copy cat.

If they are giving back to the Vets why not? I thought that was the premise?.
I do not care if they do it... In fact it would be loverly as Eliza said. However, not on the B & Bs F or V ets site.
This had 2 prongs. #1 to give a thank you to the Vets. But #2 was in the process of getting the publicity out to the Ve ter ans, raise awareness to the bed & breakfast industry. To make it so never thought of it was never again the answer to why not a B & B. I am selfish enough to want that "warm & Fuzzie" for B & Bs, not hotels.
Hotels copy us in many ways citing the "experience" etc, let them copy us with this. As long as it stands out as a copy cat.
I agree K! - if they want to do it fine, but not as part of the B&B 4 Vets program & not on that website either. They see the great publicity and want to dig their claws in... sorry! Each of us would love to have all the advertising and name recognition each of the major chains have. This program IS for the Vets, but it will also make a good number of people think of B&B's next time they travel... when most of the time they only think of the big boys.

Back