Big Fish, Small Pond

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Big Fish, Small Pond
If your market is too small and your service too specialized for you to reach your financial goals, you'll have to add products or services to make it happen.
Be careful and make sure the new "thing" is a related add-on, and not SO different that it's a diversion.
from http://www.thinkdaily.com/

Niche marketing is what we call this in our industry, are we a romantic getaway or are we a family reunion B&B? Can we be all things to all people? Will we drive away potential guests by marketing to motorcyclists vs romance? Can we offer romantic getaways and history tours?
Your thoughts? We have not really discussed this ad naus here on the forum (old forum I think we did, but times change).
What can you add to focus better on YOUR market? More photos of your grounds in season? More photos of what is nearby? Packages that related to a specific site of interest or event? Book clubs with author readings?
Most of us cannot just open the door and in pour guests, most of us have to market our inns to bring in guests, so for those who have location location location this doesn't really apply to you (you know who you are)
wink_smile.gif

I think partly as well you have to be aware of who you are best advised marketing to. for example my market is town center convnience not silent country idilic country getaway. So I would therefore be a fool to try and market to that group.

I think partly as well you have to be aware of who you are best advised marketing to. for example my market is town center convnience not silent country idilic country getaway. So I would therefore be a fool to try and market to that group..
I think partly as well you have to be aware of who you are best advised marketing to. for example my market is town center convnience not silent country idilic country getaway. So I would therefore be a fool to try and market to that group.
YES! AGREE!
I am still fuming over a "country inn" having a bad review due to lack of mobile phone coverage. It really burns me up! The name itself speaks volumes, country...not city.

Got me! I need to take the camera with me and go to my "kiss your ass" turns and take photos to use on a blog touting my motorcycle roads. I have photos of the rail-trail and new span at the washout that I took just before I left for Europe. Need to do more with those - after I get Moun tainF est out of the way!

Got me! I need to take the camera with me and go to my "kiss your ass" turns and take photos to use on a blog touting my motorcycle roads. I have photos of the rail-trail and new span at the washout that I took just before I left for Europe. Need to do more with those - after I get Moun tainF est out of the way!.
For your pix of the motorcycle roads...get aerial views from Google, too. It's sometimes hard to picture it from 'street level'. I did that with my switchback road in CA. MUCH better visual of how switchback-y it was!

Got me! I need to take the camera with me and go to my "kiss your ass" turns and take photos to use on a blog touting my motorcycle roads. I have photos of the rail-trail and new span at the washout that I took just before I left for Europe. Need to do more with those - after I get Moun tainF est out of the way!.
For your pix of the motorcycle roads...get aerial views from Google, too. It's sometimes hard to picture it from 'street level'. I did that with my switchback road in CA. MUCH better visual of how switchback-y it was!
Thanks.

Back