Big hit at breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
We tried something new today. Pilsburry cinnamon rolls on the waffle iron. I bought the ones with cream cheese icing. They taste great. Look great. Held up on the buffet for two hours and we only had 2 left. Of 14 for 12 people. I heated the icing in the microwave and served it on the side. Some people used maple syrup. Some went for the cream cheese.
It felt a bit like cheating but everyone loved it. So it's on the rotation.

We tried those, but they really have to be hot to be any good, the minute they start to cool, they turn awful. It's essentially biscuit dough made into cinnamon buns.
The real cheaters way to make cinnamon buns for a group is to use frozen bread dough. thawed, rolled out, sprinkled with too much sugar, cinnamon and then raisins (and nuts if wanted), etc. And then rolled and cut. Put in a pan, let rise and then bake. That gives you real cinnamon rolls with almost none of the work.

Just this morning a guest shared a recipe with me that she loved...Cinnamon rolls in a casserole pan, topped with sausage - or BACON! - baked, then iced...All I could say was, "Yes, Please!" (I would think the canned ones may work for this?)
I've tried what you made on my waffle iron, but they made a sticky mess and the sugars burned onto the waffle iron...maybe I didn't spray it well enough?

how many minutes in the waffle iron? is it only like 4 or 5 minutes?

Just this morning a guest shared a recipe with me that she loved...Cinnamon rolls in a casserole pan, topped with sausage - or BACON! - baked, then iced...All I could say was, "Yes, Please!" (I would think the canned ones may work for this?)
I've tried what you made on my waffle iron, but they made a sticky mess and the sugars burned onto the waffle iron...maybe I didn't spray it well enough?.
I did spray liberally.

Morticia makes cinammon rolls in the waffle iron
How many at a time?

If it's that short a time, I'd be popping them in bringing them over as I greet guests at table. Yumm

How many at a time?.
I have a four square section waffle iron. So I made 4 at a time.
They sat on the buffet for a couple hours and the kid said they were still fine.

How many at a time?.
They sat on the buffet for a couple hours and the kid said they were still fine.
Being a male on a "see food" diet myself, I am sure that they were "still fine" (edible). But presumably they would be a lot finer if they were fresh ....

How many at a time?.
Being a male on a "see food" diet myself, I am sure that they were "still fine" (edible). But presumably they would be a lot finer if they were fresh ....
I hear you. He ate the last one in order to be a critical eye toward whether this is something we can serve buffet style. He was being helpful and wouldn't hesitate to tell me if the consistency had gone bad.

Hubby made them today (I'm at the office). He said they came out perfectly. He called them, "mini waffles."

Back