BIG mistake

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...wish I had seen that!! I think it is honorable that they will actually let the reservations stand. THey could have just said...sorry..it was a mistake..no reservation...
Monica Smith, media relations manager for the hotel group in the U.S. , said Friday that some 228 guests made reservations for the equivalent of 1,400 room nights while the error was on the Web site and that the reservations would be honored.
"Although a pricing error, IHG is committed to honoring the 1-cent rate for guests who have a valid confirmation," Smith said. She added that rooms booked at the low rate "are nontransferable.'
Have you seen the new JET BLUE offer...fly anywhere and as much as you want for $599 for Sept 8 - Oct. 8. This could be a great deal...if you can still get any flights from them.

Mistake? How about great marketing! If it gets picked up by top tier media, they just bought themselves a great deal of wonderful publicity.

It's only good publicity if you're going to honor the price. Best Buy had a big flat screen TV priced at $9.99 by mistake for several hours on their website. It wasn't pretty when people showed up to buy it and found out it wouldn't be honored. They looked the fool.

It's only good publicity if you're going to honor the price. Best Buy had a big flat screen TV priced at $9.99 by mistake for several hours on their website. It wasn't pretty when people showed up to buy it and found out it wouldn't be honored. They looked the fool..
Someone, I can't remember who, said there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Mistake? How about great marketing! If it gets picked up by top tier media, they just bought themselves a great deal of wonderful publicity..
Yeah but how much publicity does a Crowne Plaza hotel and in Venice actually need????

Back