Bigger Bed?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

Yep you have what I have. The shower in the room, but it is our best selling room. Let me ask this, it seems you all want privacy when showering, how do you feel about tubs being in the room?
But I think I'll add a shower curtain to block it off, that would be no big deal.

OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

Yep you have what I have. The shower in the room, but it is our best selling room. Let me ask this, it seems you all want privacy when showering, how do you feel about tubs being in the room?
But I think I'll add a shower curtain to block it off, that would be no big deal..
I personally hate tubs in the room. I want my privacy. I am not comfortable with them. But I don't use a tub anyway.

OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

But I think I'll add a shower curtain to block it off, that would be no big deal..
Ice said:
OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

But I think I'll add a shower curtain to block it off, that would be no big deal.
Absolutely hate tubs in the room. I won't book a room with any part of the bathroom not behind closed doors. We had a room in an inn once with just the sink in the room. Disaster. DH is up at the crack of dawn with the light on shaving.
Our different time schedules are one reason why I do not want an en suite bathroom when we move to a house.
I know I don't have to use the tub, but it looks so 'Poconos' to me (which was the height of heart-shaped tubs and red velvet beds back in the 80's). I have yet to see a tub-in-the-room installation that did not look tacky. Apologies to everyone who has that set up but it just doesn't appeal to me.

OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

Ice said:
OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

Absolutely hate tubs in the room. I won't book a room with any part of the bathroom not behind closed doors. We had a room in an inn once with just the sink in the room. Disaster. DH is up at the crack of dawn with the light on shaving.
Our different time schedules are one reason why I do not want an en suite bathroom when we move to a house.
I know I don't have to use the tub, but it looks so 'Poconos' to me (which was the height of heart-shaped tubs and red velvet beds back in the 80's). I have yet to see a tub-in-the-room installation that did not look tacky. Apologies to everyone who has that set up but it just doesn't appeal to me.
I'm the opposite. I think those that enjoy a whirlpool tub enjoy it in the nook off the bedroom as they can watch a movie on the tv or look out the picture window. I can't think of anything less romantic than trying to enjoy a whirlpool tub with a view of the toilet, no matter how many candles or rose petals you try to put around it!
Riki

See there ya go, different strokes for different folks.
So now, since we are seeing that some of these rooms are great sellers, maybe that it depends on your marketing. Is your B&B considered a romantic getaway type of place? And is that how you market it? That may be the key!

But. . . it is our only room with a king size bed. I do know people have booked it because of the bed. I say go with the king and raise the price!

OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

Ice said:
OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

I personally love a soaking tub, but not in the bedroom. And there is no way I would ever install one in our B+B because a steaming tub/shower in a bedroom would wreak havoc on the furnishings. Mildew on walls, woodwork, ceiling and bedding would be guaranteed in our humid, seaside environment if the tub/shower were located in the bedroom. No, I like my bathroom fixtures, including the tub and shower, in the bathroom where the exhaust fan can be used to control the humidity level and the clean-up is straightforward. With that said, I know that the traveling public does not necessarily agree...especially the younger generation looking for an intimate, romantic getaway. Your pictures look inviting for a rendezvous in the shower....I would market for that age group and put a king-size bed in the room if you have the space.

I did not even think of the shower as a bad thing. I did like the gas fireplace though. Super cool as it has a small foot print. seems like I could one one of those to our place.
We get the same deal. The king sized beds rent first. But our queen sized bed rooms are smaller so maybe the photos reflect that?

OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

Ice said:
OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

I personally love a soaking tub, but not in the bedroom. And there is no way I would ever install one in our B+B because a steaming tub/shower in a bedroom would wreak havoc on the furnishings. Mildew on walls, woodwork, ceiling and bedding would be guaranteed in our humid, seaside environment if the tub/shower were located in the bedroom. No, I like my bathroom fixtures, including the tub and shower, in the bathroom where the exhaust fan can be used to control the humidity level and the clean-up is straightforward. With that said, I know that the traveling public does not necessarily agree...especially the younger generation looking for an intimate, romantic getaway. Your pictures look inviting for a rendezvous in the shower....I would market for that age group and put a king-size bed in the room if you have the space.
I totally agree with the 'rendezvous in the shower' but I would want it somehow blocked from the rest of the room. Also, do not know where the entry doors and windows are. Would like to know 'housekeeping' is not going to open the door and everyone in the hallway get an eyeful!

OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

Ice said:
OK got it thanks Joey
wink_smile.gif

Silverspoon said:
Our rooms have the whirlpool tub in the main room to the side. They always book first. I have a devil of a time booking the room with no whirlpool tub in it. When we finish the other two rooms with tubs we will make that room the living room part of a suite to solve that problem. Our guests love the tub in the room so it must be a younger generation thing. I also hate to lounge in the barhroom when using a whirlpool tub. I want to see a nicer view than the toilet.
RIki

The shower doesn't bother me, I would book it. But, if you can fit a king bed in there, do it. It will definitely book more. I have 1 room that is the only room with a standard size whirlpool tub...it's the last one to rent because everyone wants the double tubs. BUT, it has a king bed and people will rent it just for that and compromise on the double tub issue.

The other option is drop it $10 as it is the same price as the others and see what happens before spending MORE and not having the outcome (the outlay will be hefty for a king bed)

The problem is that it's an oddly configured room even though its a very attractive room. It took me several looks through the photos to begin to figure it out & I still don't know what the counter top with mirror and drape is about. I think calling it a "suite" is also misleading.
With the toilet is one place in a closet, sink in the room, and then the shower virtually in the room as well (albeit in an alcove-ish area), this is just not optimal for travelers today. I think this is your problem with booking this room. Before you invest in a large King bed set and headboard, etc., I would explain the room configuration better in your website description, put up a screen or drapes in front of the shower, and maybe re-think how to furnish the space where you can put a third person. Does a third guest want to look at a shower door, frosted or not?
I also agree with Joey and think that you might try lowering the price of the room a bit, because this room doesn't seem to me as desirable as the other rooms which look to be priced a bit lower or the same.

Back