Biker Friendly Logo

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very minor, plus and minus issue I thought I'd throw out there based only on our experience with touring bikers is that they often want to hit the road pretty early after breakfast and some have the habit of "warming up" the bike for quite a long time in the parking area.
I'm not talking about gunning the engines or revving, but it can be a little distracting to your non-biker guests for a big hog to sit idling for ten minutes as they pack everything in the saddle bags, etc. while they might be enjoying the paper on the porch or still eating breakfast.

I guess the question I have is, why would that logo (or any biker /motorcycle friendly logo) help? In order to see it, they already have to be on your website.
If your primary audience are the $85K professional nice person who is riding "baby" then it is probably unlikely that they even think they wouldn't be welcome. If they don't see themselves as a "gang" member, why would they think others would?
If you are trying to say that bikers should consider you because you have special amenities for bikers, then spell out the amenities, because the logo won't do that. Think blog post or separate page targeted to bikers. Text content that people will find if searching for biker related stays..
swirt said:
If you are trying to say that bikers should consider you because you have special amenities for bikers, then spell out the amenities, because the logo won't do that. Think blog post or separate page targeted to bikers. Text content that people will find if searching for biker related stays.
I think the logo saves the time of looking at all the amenities...like a PET FRIENDLY LOGO? I do think a blog and special page (which I already do have) will help and have tried to get in there for certain rides in our area on websites and word of mouth.
I will try to locate the directory (unless someone here knows which one it is?) I think this might belong to and get listed THERE and then do the recpricol link thing. BUT meanwhile I wanted to know if an average not riding guest SAW that logo and would think "I don't want to stay there, they accept bikers" that was what I really wanted to know. Whether perception of hard core people or noise from the bikes.
Samster mentioned price range being an obv turn off to the rowdy crowds.

I don't know about having the logo in the website but in my experience guests coming on motorcycles are just really good guests. They are usually well to do and have nice bikes. It is interesting as I have kept in touch on Facebook with more of my guests who rode in on motorcycles than guests that didn't. I don't ride a motorcycle and have no interest in one for myself though..
oceans said:
I don't know about having the logo in the website but in my experience guests coming on motorcycles are just really good guests. They are usually well to do and have nice bikes. It is interesting as I have kept in touch on Facebook with more of my guests who rode in on motorcycles than guests that didn't. I don't ride a motorcycle and have no interest in one for myself though.
Not to side track altogether, but the # of times I hear GASPS out loud re our NASCAR guests is reminiscent of the biker guest issue. The misconception of the NASCAR guests...We have CEO's of companies and all walks of life stay with us vs (to borrow Kathleen's term) the no-tell motel crowd. My favorite weekend of the year is NASCAR. My least favorite-here goes...load the arrows...is wine festival. 30,000 people go arts, crafts, wine and beach music happy and the baby boomers are loaded...to put it nicely. Not my favorite crowd AT ALL.
Sorry to side swipe the thread...it seemed kind of in context at the time.
teeth_smile.gif

My experience with the wine crowd is that they spend a lot of bucks on their wine, are snooty about wines, and spend very little other than on their wine. Now my regular folks who go to the winery on my tour usually buy no less than 3 bottles and more often than not a case or two. Gotta love those folks..

I don't know about having the logo in the website but in my experience guests coming on motorcycles are just really good guests. They are usually well to do and have nice bikes. It is interesting as I have kept in touch on Facebook with more of my guests who rode in on motorcycles than guests that didn't. I don't ride a motorcycle and have no interest in one for myself though..
oceans said:
I don't know about having the logo in the website but in my experience guests coming on motorcycles are just really good guests. They are usually well to do and have nice bikes. It is interesting as I have kept in touch on Facebook with more of my guests who rode in on motorcycles than guests that didn't. I don't ride a motorcycle and have no interest in one for myself though.
Not to side track altogether, but the # of times I hear GASPS out loud re our NASCAR guests is reminiscent of the biker guest issue. The misconception of the NASCAR guests...We have CEO's of companies and all walks of life stay with us vs (to borrow Kathleen's term) the no-tell motel crowd. My favorite weekend of the year is NASCAR. My least favorite-here goes...load the arrows...is wine festival. 30,000 people go arts, crafts, wine and beach music happy and the baby boomers are loaded...to put it nicely. Not my favorite crowd AT ALL.
teeth_smile.gif

My experience with the wine crowd is that they spend a lot of bucks on their wine, are snooty about wines, and spend very little other than on their wine. Now my regular folks who go to the winery on my tour usually buy no less than 3 bottles and more often than not a case or two. Gotta love those folks..
We live 3 blocks, as the crow flies, from the nearest winery. About 75% of our guests go there and perhaps 20% go to still a second or more winery,
We've had two biking couples here so far; a private I and the manager of a fast food chain.
C

I guess the question I have is, why would that logo (or any biker /motorcycle friendly logo) help? In order to see it, they already have to be on your website.
If your primary audience are the $85K professional nice person who is riding "baby" then it is probably unlikely that they even think they wouldn't be welcome. If they don't see themselves as a "gang" member, why would they think others would?
If you are trying to say that bikers should consider you because you have special amenities for bikers, then spell out the amenities, because the logo won't do that. Think blog post or separate page targeted to bikers. Text content that people will find if searching for biker related stays..
swirt said:
If you are trying to say that bikers should consider you because you have special amenities for bikers, then spell out the amenities, because the logo won't do that. Think blog post or separate page targeted to bikers. Text content that people will find if searching for biker related stays.
I think the logo saves the time of looking at all the amenities...like a PET FRIENDLY LOGO? I do think a blog and special page (which I already do have) will help and have tried to get in there for certain rides in our area on websites and word of mouth.
I will try to locate the directory (unless someone here knows which one it is?) I think this might belong to and get listed THERE and then do the recpricol link thing. BUT meanwhile I wanted to know if an average not riding guest SAW that logo and would think "I don't want to stay there, they accept bikers" that was what I really wanted to know. Whether perception of hard core people or noise from the bikes.
BUT meanwhile I wanted to know if an average not riding guest SAW that logo and would think "I don't want to stay there, they accept bikers" that was what I really wanted to know. Whether perception of hard core people or noise from the bikes.
All other things being truly equal (twin inns separated at birth
confused_smile.gif
) , I would probably opt for the non biker logo's place. I like quiet...so I'm not a fan of the running of the noise. We've had several bikers here over the years and they have all been nice enough...but I have often felt bad for the other guests who have to listen to the bike while they pack up for the day or whatever.

For me personally, I would probably not book if there was the Biker Friendly logo.

oceans said:
teeth_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
I didn't say I don't like guests here to visit WINERIES.
I said WINE FESTIVAL. Big difference.

oceans said:
teeth_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
didn't say I don't like guests here to visit WINERIES.I said WINE FESTIVAL.
I know. That is also who I was referring to. They have a big wine festival in Morgantown.

oceans said:
teeth_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
I know. That is also who I was referring to. They have a big wine festival in Morgantown.
gillumhouse said:
gotcha.

swirt said:
BUT meanwhile I wanted to know if an average not riding guest SAW that logo and would think "I don't want to stay there, they accept bikers" that was what I really wanted to know. Whether perception of hard core people or noise from the bikes.
confused_smile.gif
) , I would probably opt for the non biker logo's place. I like quiet...so I'm not a fan of the running of the noise. We've had several bikers here over the years and they have all been nice enough...but I have often felt bad for the other guests who have to listen to the bike while they pack up for the day or whatever.
swirt said:
confused_smile.gif
Okay that is what I wanted to know. Lose more than gain. Today we have three couples here on anniversaries (this is rare to have them all here for the same reason). Mostly young couples, one pair showed up for breakfast in pj's. I would hate to have them not book thinking there would be too much noise.
Appreciate all the feedback everyone!

Back