Biker motorcycle hosting etiquette?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
this weekend i have bicyclers ... all bikes are locked up in the barn.
tomorrow three of the rooms are bikers - motorcycles.
anything i need to know? I know NOTHING of bikers ... and i am hoping for not a lot of noise. that is the only kind of biker i have experience with.
please share your wisdom with me.
thanks
~m

If you can offer them covered parking they like that. Sometimes they like to wash off the bikes so having old towels and a garden hose comes in handy. The bikers would also like the barn for their bikes. If it is possible, just let them know they can store the motorcycles inside. I know they sometimes worry about the bikes being stolen.
All of our bikers have been just folks.

I have some here right now.
Biker as in Hell's Angels or as in someone who rides? We have them here ALL THE TIME. For our guests, it is usually after a long ride they arrive (like they did last night) and do not want to get all boots and jackets on to go grab a bite. So someplace close to walk to, is really helpful.
Nothing else really to say. Oh parking would be ideal if undercover, or at least AWAY from the other vehicles. Also if you have an old rag they can use to wipe off dead bugs etc. But most carry their own.

I do off-street parking for my motorcycle guests. I do not have a garage and my shed is both full to the brim and they may as well leave it outside for all the protection it would give - leaks like a sieve but cannot afford to replace it.
For bicycles, we usually put them on the porch and lock them together - I have a bicycle lock.
The motorcycle crowd is usually doctors and lawyers playing Hell's Angels or old guys still riding. We have had a lot of trykes and Goldwings. Covered parking is nice, but off-street is enough to make them happy. Our problem is getting the guys to stop talking to DH!

If you can offer them covered parking they like that. Sometimes they like to wash off the bikes so having old towels and a garden hose comes in handy. The bikers would also like the barn for their bikes. If it is possible, just let them know they can store the motorcycles inside. I know they sometimes worry about the bikes being stolen.
All of our bikers have been just folks..
the barn floor isn't strong enough to hold big heavy motorcycles. they told me they will have six. so that won't work.
i'll see when they come ....
are motorcycles always loud? (see, i am clueless) or is that just people showing off when they roar up and down the road?
one of the women called, is very excited that we have hair dryers so she won't have to pack one.

the barn floor isn't strong enough to hold big heavy motorcycles. they told me they will have six. so that won't work.
are motorcycles always loud? (see, i am clueless) or is that just people showing off when they roar up and down the road?
one of the women called, is very excited that we have hair dryers so she won't have to pack one.
Usually only Harleys are loud unless someone is showing off. Just park them off-street if you can. That will make them happy. Just regular guests otherwise. To date, only one jerk and he was on a Harley and ticked I was going to charge him when he arrived and tried to cancel. Usually VERY nice people.

Best thing about bikers?
Saddlebags.
So they have very little luggage, unlike one guest here now who has a u-haul worth of luggage with her.
They arrive in boots and leathers and throw on flip flops and shorts and like to relax after riding. I thoroughly enjoy our guests on motorcycles and try to market to them big time. BUT they are another of our ONE NIGHT STAY demographic. Only to sleep then hit the crooked road again tomorrow.

The Harleys are loud. (Loud pipes save lives, and all that.) That's probably what your folks have. If you can't put them in the barn, just show them where to park and if you have outside lighting that is on all night (in the parking area) they will congregate under that.

I had a few bikers and they all were very, very nice people.
A lawyers, doctors, feds, retirees.....and like JBJ said, they dropped all their leathers, changed into shorts and sat on the decks having a glass of wine.
I really enjoyed their company.
I do not have ant covered parking and no one ever seemed to complain about it. Actually, I guess once off the bike, they never got mentioned...
Ejoy your biker guests, they have interesting stories to tell :)

no assumptions made ... no experience with them as a group, that's all. the bicyclers i get want lots of water, rags for wiping down their bikes, take endless showers, use every towel i own, get up early, go to bed early, and tend to want lots of cereal along with breakfast cook's choice.

Make no assumptions when it comes to bikers:) Many are well off, professionals, and highly educated folks. These are the only ones who can afford to drive those Harleys:)
Be your usual gracious and welcoming self. All will be fine:)

no assumptions made ... no experience with them as a group, that's all. the bicyclers i get want lots of water, rags for wiping down their bikes, take endless showers, use every towel i own, get up early, go to bed early, and tend to want lots of cereal along with breakfast cook's choice..
bikers arrived, four rooms not three
came two couples, two couples
i didn't hear the bikes at all
they were drenched
have dried all clothes of the first two couples in the dryer
offered to put the stuff from the second two couples in

no assumptions made ... no experience with them as a group, that's all. the bicyclers i get want lots of water, rags for wiping down their bikes, take endless showers, use every towel i own, get up early, go to bed early, and tend to want lots of cereal along with breakfast cook's choice..
they were drenched
Good going with the dryer offer! Very nice!
We had a 4-room motorcycle booking a couple of years ago. He said, 'If it rains, we're not coming.' What???
It didn't rain, they came, but all smokers and sat on the running bikes in the driveway at 7 AM smoking. Ugh. All the noise!
The organizer has been back again, sans 'gang' but with wife.

they were drenched
Two years ago we had a freak snowstorm on Tuesday in October. I had 2 couples coming from TN - one of them had won one of my certificates. I called them immediately to tell them we had snow - about 6 inches no less! and that they may want to reconsider their mode of transportation. As expected, the snow was gone by Thursday and Thursday evening 1 motorcycle and 1 tryke, both pulling trailers arrived! They had heated suits, gloves, etc and had a ball!

Back