Biz card question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
If you get the Vista Print biz cards that are free, they print their logo & info on the back, right? How big is that? The whole card or small?

It's small. But I think it looks kind of tacky myself. They're going to charge for the shipping anyway - and the cards themselves are not that expensive. I like Vista print and use them for all kinds of things, including biz cards. But I keep their fine print off the card.
BTW, you can set up the cards online with Vista print - and see just what that fine print looks like. It's usually on the back of the card, so just take a look at the back image and you'll see it.

It's small. But I think it looks kind of tacky myself. They're going to charge for the shipping anyway - and the cards themselves are not that expensive. I like Vista print and use them for all kinds of things, including biz cards. But I keep their fine print off the card.
BTW, you can set up the cards online with Vista print - and see just what that fine print looks like. It's usually on the back of the card, so just take a look at the back image and you'll see it..
I agree on the tacky part. They're not for me. I thought you got them like that with the free shipping. I'll just add them onto my order then (for someone else).

small.
but check with them before you order. i paid for some cards to use my own pictures and the vista print was on the back. i also got some free cards with stock image and no vista print on the back. i was not happy. and i don't remember the 'why'. i just emailed them to ask.

small.
but check with them before you order. i paid for some cards to use my own pictures and the vista print was on the back. i also got some free cards with stock image and no vista print on the back. i was not happy. and i don't remember the 'why'. i just emailed them to ask..
I did an order last week, but I filled up the back of the card with my info. I was going to get these for my daughter who has started her own biz.

I print mine as I need them - B & B, City Clerk, Rails-to-Trails. I got the 2-sides printable stock and list the bullet points of my inn & logo on the back and when I give them out, I give them back first telling them this is the important side, the contact info is on the other side. That side of the card tells them WHY they want to come to my inn. The other 2 cards just have one side printed but I think I will change that with my City card I decided as I typed this. I should tell the highlights of my City!

I've set up my cards nd paid for them and when they have their promos for free cards, they aren't printed with the VistaPrint info on the back.

I got some of the "free" cards and there is the logo on the back - small, but there. I also ordered 500 cards with front and back information of mine and there was no vistaprint info at all.

I've set up my cards nd paid for them and when they have their promos for free cards, they aren't printed with the VistaPrint info on the back..
Samster said:
I've set up my cards nd paid for them and when they have their promos for free cards, they aren't printed with the VistaPrint info on the back.
i am still waiting for a response from vistaprint because my daughter got the free cards and there is no vistaprint on the blank reverse. so ..... have they changed things or what?

Small and a shade of gray. I have always used their free business cards, and they go like crazy...so I'm glad they're free! Also love their postcards and other stuff.

Small and a shade of gray. I have always used their free business cards, and they go like crazy...so I'm glad they're free! Also love their postcards and other stuff..
I got some postcards, too. Lots of fun to have bunches of different ones on hand!

Small and a shade of gray. I have always used their free business cards, and they go like crazy...so I'm glad they're free! Also love their postcards and other stuff..
I got some postcards, too. Lots of fun to have bunches of different ones on hand!
Morticia said:
I got some of their oversized business cards and designed them to be reservation confirmations for those few people who want their confirmation by mail.

It shows you are a savvy innkeeper to have a vistaprint free logo on the back.
teeth_smile.gif
You spent the money on the guest chocolates. It never phases me either way.

It shows you are a savvy innkeeper to have a vistaprint free logo on the back.
teeth_smile.gif
You spent the money on the guest chocolates. It never phases me either way..
Free is a great four letter word! And I love your positive attitude!

so here is their answer. but it does not answer why i got some free biz cards and their name was NOT on the reverse. an oversight i guess. on the cards i got, vistaprint was very small print and light grey. not obnoxious but not invisible.
The FREE Business Card offer includes:
-250 Business cards
-Professional print quality
-Heavy, 80-lb. (215 g) card stock
-Four color (CMYK) printing process
-42 design choices
The FREE Business Cards feature includes the VistaPrint Logo on the backside.

Sure it is no secret, they tell you it is there, and it really doesn';t make a difference, it is the greatest advertisement for them, that was how I found them originally and now use them for so many other printing needs. Print up 100 rack cards instead of 1000! They are great for that.
ALWAYS look online for free shipping codes and you might be surprised what you can snag and toss onto the order!

Quick question: Why don't you guys use your local printers?

what local printer out in the sticks of maine? went to vistaprint because i found them online. they gave me quality and a low price. if a local printer was around, i found no website for them/him/her. nothing in the (old) local phone book i had. i found a couple places not too far away by googling. one had a price that was too high for me. one place i called (three times) never called me back. not a good sign.
can't shop at a place i don't know exists or that doesn't offer online service if they are too busy to get back to me. kind of sad really.
editing out my attitude here.

Quick question: Why don't you guys use your local printers?.
I have a friend in the printing business and his price was way too high and he was "giving me a deal". Vistaprint prices can't be beat! Most printers are used by big companies I believe - not us little peons!

Quick question: Why don't you guys use your local printers?.
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Quick question: Why don't you guys use your local printers?
I do use my local printer. But I got a biz card in the mail from an innmate and thought it was fun to be able to 'run off' a couple of hundred seasonal biz cards to hand out. I'm not overly fond of the size of the VistaPrint cards, they're a tad smaller than the usual ones so they stick out as 'odd'. But for a giveaway where I'm handing out hundreds at a time, can't beat it.
My local printer does beautiful notecards for me and I'll continue to use them for that. But the stuff that doesn't have to be primo is a lot cheaper at VP.

Back