Black Friday sales

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
black friday, the day after thanksgiving ... stores are still planning big promotional sales ... in spite of the economy or maybe because of the economy
anyway, thought i'd post the links to the sites that list what the stores have already made public ... or you can wait and check out the stores' circulars
bfads.net very long list with commentary
blackfriday.info this one is short and sweet - links to the stores and boom you're in
blackfridayads.com one page with a time ticker at the top
hope this helps someone. especially if you are looking for electronics for christmas presents or need something for your b&b. not that i'm a big fan of joining a throng in a store!

You don't have to wait...sales are running rampant right now...with gas prices so low...I am hoping that will help holiday sales.
But personally we won't be spending much at all this year and if folks are smart, they will watch their $$$ as they shop.
This is not the time to go on a spending spree if you cannot afford it. In my mind...If you can't pay cash.....you shouldn' t buy it.
thumbs_up.gif

Stores open here at midnight. Eat your turkey, take your nap, get up and go shopping!

There is never a time to go on a shopping spree if one cannot afford it. What is making this a bad economy - in my opinion - is that people who CAN afford to shop are not shopping/traveling/LIVING as usual because they are believing we are in the tank. THAT is what is causing the problem - FEAR!! Less purchasing means less production which means less work needed which means lay-offs and closings. It is a continuous circle with each segment as important and dependent on the other. It requires balance. Too much production or too little shopping = loss of jobs and low prices/smaller profits that discourage investment. Too little production = high prices that discourage purchase. Balance is required. MY take on things as they stand. (We never were a family to go "whole hog" at Christmas - or at any other time for that matter. We were an "as needed" family.)

lots of folks work in retail ... their jobs depend on consumers making purchases. just as innkeepers depend on guests staying a nite or two.
i don't advocate spending sprees ... but i do love to give presents. (guilty)

Our town is featuring a big Christmas merchants open house the day after Thanksgiving with lots of sales going on... I want to shop local this year... I end up shipping anyway, so I might as well find something here.

lots of folks work in retail ... their jobs depend on consumers making purchases. just as innkeepers depend on guests staying a nite or two.
i don't advocate spending sprees ... but i do love to give presents. (guilty).
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Holidays to All,
That being said, I "almost" do not like getting presents. Things you have to store, shuffle, dust, rearrange, dispose of one thing to make room for another. Whenever a parent brings a gift catalogue to work for their children, I just write the person a check for the Charity, and expect nothing in return. I don't need another candle or "pretty." For the gift exchange at work, I went to restaurant.com (no "s") and bought $25 gift certificates at a local restaurant for $2. Promotional code: surprise (I haven't cashed them yet; we'll see how they work.) I figure folks can use them and be done with them. Everyone has to eat.
Yes, I'd like to get hubby a portable GPS unit. He is the navigator when we travel, I drive. Sometimes he falls asleep and I go too far, not recognizing the landmarks.
My guests are about to arrive any minute, so I'd better sign off.
Merry Merry
Carol

That being said, I "almost" do not like getting presents. Things you have to store, shuffle, dust, rearrange, dispose of one thing to make room for another. Whenever a parent brings a gift catalogue to work for their children, I just write the person a check for the Charity, and expect nothing in return. I don't need another candle or "pretty." For the gift exchange at work, I went to restaurant.com (no "s") and bought $25 gift certificates at a local restaurant for $2. Promotional code: surprise (I haven't cashed them yet; we'll see how they work.) I figure folks can use them and be done with them. Everyone has to eat.
Yes, I'd like to get hubby a portable GPS unit. He is the navigator when we travel, I drive. Sometimes he falls asleep and I go too far, not recognizing the landmarks.
Merry Merry
Carol
If we buy anything this year it will be for the inn.
My brother has already stated 'no gifts'. Fine with me. My whole family has reached that point. We have enough stuff. But restaurant gc's are great. You're right...we all have to eat.

Merry Merry
Carol
Restaurant.com does work but read the caveat. Some will be Sun thru Thurs and specify a party of 4 or more. Some will be $25 off on $50 or more. I ran into the party of 4 AND $50 on one that I bought. Had ot get a group together. Used another another time. I have also given them as gifts to friends.

Merry Merry
Carol
Restaurant.com does work but read the caveat. Some will be Sun thru Thurs and specify a party of 4 or more. Some will be $25 off on $50 or more. I ran into the party of 4 AND $50 on one that I bought. Had ot get a group together. Used another another time. I have also given them as gifts to friends.
I guess I got lucky. $25 off check of $35 or more. Not hard to do at this restaurant, less than a mile from our bnb. Party of two or more. One coupon at a time, even if sitting at a different table, different checks.

Back